Excuse me while I pat myself on the back...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Congratulations, Paul! Most Outstanding!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Way to hit the 10 year mark! While I've never smoked, I know many who do and have tried quitting with mixed results. I know it takes a lot of willpower to stop, so I just wanted to say congratulations!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Donut

Post by Donut »

Congrats Paul.

Someone a while back told me that he quit smoking some crazy amount of years earlier... and he still craves them. Is it the same way for you?

*edit* Oh, I see you gave a pretty good answer on the last page!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Nice job Paul. It's a hard thing to do that is for sure.

I got lucky and after smoking for about 13 years, one day I just had enough and stopped. I still get cravings on occasion...and it has been about 12 years since I stopped. that is usually when the situation is one where I used to enjoy smoking...like getting together with friends to play music, or sitting on a patio to enjoy a few pints of beer.

To anyone that is trying to quit. My experience is that you need to be quitting for yourself. Not because your bf/gf/wife/husband/cousin/doctor etc has told you to. You have to be the one that says ok, time to end this.
On the hunt for...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

kbuzbee wrote:You can do it, Roman. Just take it one day at a time.
Ken
SpyderNut wrote:That is very true. And just think of all the extra $$$ you'll have to spend on new Spydies! ;)
I will certainly stop smoking closer to winter. Will not be a lot of money saved. I do not smock a lot. One pack lasted about a week. $40 a month, not ebough to buy a spydie until Jesters come out :D .
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Still super Kudos to Paul.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:I will certainly stop smoking closer to winter. Will not be a lot of money saved. I do not smock a lot. One pack lasted about a week. $40 a month, not ebough to buy a spydie until Jesters come out :D .
Or $480 per year. That's enough for 2 Fluted Natives right? Makes cents to me ;)
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Nate

Post by Nate »

Congrats Paul! I'd say you earned yourself a nice gift for 10 years :)

I am just a bit ahead of you, and will mark 11 yrs this Sept. :cool: Very glad I made that choice.

Cigarettes are disgusting to me now, but it was very hard at the time. I was probably only able to quit because I also quit going to bars at the same time lol.

I'll give my self a pat on the back too, but I do cheat 2-3 times a year with a nice cigar (no inhalation) or a snus, special occasions and all that. ;)
:spyder: