3D Spyderco pictures

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ted

3D Spyderco pictures

Post by Ted »

Hi, recently I found out about 3D cross-eyed pictures (Google that and you know what I mean) and I just made one of some Spyderco's.
It's a first attempt, but I think it's not bad. The colors are a bit off, but I'll try to fix that later.

To view this 3D image, you have to use the cross-eyed technique. I'll explain that first with this picture.

1) Is the bigger image you'll see below. Try to put it in the center of the screen, and move the mouse pointer out of the image

2) Then, start crossing your eyes till you see 4 images

3) Now relax the eye-crossing, till the middle 2 blend into each other so you have three The images will probably be out of focus.

4) Now try to keep the three images, and slowly let your eyes focus on the middle one. Once you get it sharp, you'll see the 3D effect.

If you can't get it to work, do the Google on '3d cross-eyed' and try some of the many pictures on the Net. Once you get a hold of it, it will be easier.

Also, don't try to hard to long, cause you might feel a bit weird. :p

So here's the pic with a Lil Temp and my old PE Alu Cricket

Rob

Post by Rob »

Ted, are you trying to kill me??? :D :D :D

Now I feel even more dizzy than before (flu isn't over yet).

Cheers, Rob
denn

Post by denn »

yeah it works, although i have a hard time getting ultimate sharpness, but definitely a 3d-ish look, yes.

i prefer those "staring-eyes"-3D pics though.

nice! :)
Ted

Post by Ted »

LOL - This one is a bit better I think...

OutofGum

Post by OutofGum »

The picture are a bit too far apart for me. With the magic eye ones, the pictures actually overlap and you can only see the image when you relax your eyes.
To the pessimist the glass is half empty, to the optimist the glass is half full, to the engineer its twice as big as it needs to be.
Ted

Post by Ted »

OutOfGum, Here's another one, with some added accesoires to increase the effect. I've only found out so far how to make these kinds of 3D pics...I'll dig up some info on the other types and see if I can make them.
I can see the effect in all the pictures I've posted, with the cross-eyed technique, but I must say I've been doing it for an hour or so now, and actually feeling kinda dizzy :D :)
Ted

Post by Ted »

Ooh - that might be way too big actually - this one is easier I think

Rob

Post by Rob »

As we're talking about 3D pictures... I've had a software to create 3D pics for some time but these 3D images NEVER worked for me. Neither the original books nor the software :rolleyes: So, I am not sure that it is what it should be but I am sure that someone who is able to see through these pics will tell us what I created :D

BTW Ted, where are these neat little bugs from that are visible on the smaller pic of the Evo-Set?

Cheers, Rob
Ted

Post by Ted »

Rob, I got the plexi-glass bug's from Jurphaas. I think Spyderco places them in their display-cases at knife-shows.
Oh, and the answer to your question is ... :spyder:

;)

Ted
Rob

Post by Rob »

Plexi glass bugs? Cool! I bet they would be some nice keychains :D

Now I know that the software works at least ;)

Cheers, Rob
HoB

Post by HoB »

VERY, VERY cool Ted,
The last one works really well for me, but I think you could increase the angular separation on that one a bit, I find that the little bugs have more plasticity to them and the rest of the picture than the two C01 workers (well they are workers alright, but the creaton inserts? What are those?).

I can't get the Lil'T to work, I would love a 3D of the Lil'T (especially now that it is disecont.)
HoB

Post by HoB »

Yep, Rob, it's the Spyderbug alright :) , very cool!
fredswartz

3D Pics

Post by fredswartz »

RobF:
I used to be really good at these 3D pics but this one took me a while to see. Perhaps the reason is that I have become out of practice or that I have consumed 2 adult beverages but the image is clearly the spider, once the blurred vision thing takes over. This is another strange phenomenon about the brain's ability to make a paradigm shift and see something that is obscure except through blurred vision. Sort of like me trying to learn a new bluegrass banjo tune (or lick) over and over again until it suddenly becomes crystal clear for no reason other than the subconscious has taken over.
Senate

Post by Senate »

Tried for 15 minutes to see the 3D thing and now I have a headache, thanks :D
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
Slvgx

Post by Slvgx »

This reminds me of the movie Mallrats, the part with the schooner! :D

Good job on the 3D :spyder:
silverback

Post by silverback »

Slvgx wrote:This reminds me of the movie Mallrats, the part with the schooner! :D

Good job on the 3D :spyder:
Wasn't it a sailship? lol :D

Yeah all these images work fine for me, too. Great work, guys!
But I had to move far backwards for the little Temp. Placing the centers of the pictures only about as far apart as the eyes are works better, maybe?
Keep it up!

It seems the vacuum Simona left is beginning to fill... :D
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
Ted

Post by Ted »

HoB wrote:VERY, VERY cool Ted,
The last one works really well for me, but I think you could increase the angular separation on that one a bit, I find that the little bugs have more plasticity to them and the rest of the picture than the two C01 workers (well they are workers alright, but the creaton inserts? What are those?).

I can't get the Lil'T to work, I would love a 3D of the Lil'T (especially now that it is disecont.)
HoB, the workers are the Evolution set. One is the old style non-chamfered two-screw clip version, the other has Devin Thomas Damascus, and krayton (you ment that with 'creaton' ? ) inserts.

I'll try some more later this week with the Lil Temp. The smaller format and width/height ratio of the last picture works the best I think.

Ted
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Ted!

Cool man!!! Only it works kinda good when looking in such a manner at my collection...appears as if i got MORE :spyder: 's than I actually have! :p

Now...what was my optometrist's phone #?... :D

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
HoB

Post by HoB »

Yes, krayton :) ...I am a bit spelling-challanged :( . Never heard of that set before. Very nice though. I think I really got to get myself one of them workers :cool: .
dialex

Post by dialex »

Oh, no! Not again! :eek: I could never see those things. I remember my wife watching the stereograms and saying "look, it's a spaceship. look, it's a deer", while all I could see was a weird mixture of shapes. :( But the pics are great (as usually) - thanks for sharing.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.