Deacon 2, Santa 0!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DAYWALKER

Deacon 2, Santa 0!!!!

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!
I wanted to do this sooner, but I been trying to recover from these long shifts I been pulling at work due to staff shortage. *ugh*

ANYWAY... forget Santa! Deacon is "da man"!!!

Thanks to Paul, I finally got that elusive, "almost had it", PE Civilian! I been after this one for years!!! Now, I don't have to be looking on the cops pockets and belts trying to spot that Civi Clip, as it was a cop, (OR Paul posing as one, :D that bought that Civi before I could! I still don't know what to say to you Paul...

Now, check out the Cricket Paul had engraved for my wife! Paul just told me that it was Mr. M. HUNT's first ever engraving on a Cricket...so that makes it more special. On the pic where the blade has some gunk on it...that's from my wife using it to open other gifts! Ahhhhhhhh! The horror!!! The thought of scratching this one is unbearable!!! My wife is like Deacon however, in that they USE their :spyder: 's no matter how old, rare, etc...Wife tells me, "What? It's a knife right? Aren't you supposed to use it?!" *sigh*

Well, i gotta get into my Class A's that I hate, and report for duty...Paul aka The Deacon...thank you and God bless!

Please, check 'em out below:

http://www.ted.tweakdsl.nl/DSCF0193-2.jpg
http://www.ted.tweakdsl.nl/DSCF0196-2.jpg
http://www.ted.tweakdsl.nl/DSCF0197-2.jpg

Images courtesy of Ted! Mahalo for the touch ups Ted!!! ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

SWEET Cricket... Might have to get mine engraved for a dress knife.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
i.v

Post by i.v »

that is one of the best looking crickets i've seen :D
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Now that is a pretty cricket :D

Stay safe bro!

God Bless.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
rorschach

Post by rorschach »

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Nice!
-Rorschach :][: RHOS
Senate

Post by Senate »

I waiting for the exact same Civilian, the **** post office is really slow during Xmas season! :mad:
nice cricket! engraved on both side?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Glad you and your wife liked them Chad, and very happy to hear she has the right attitude!
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
loki88

Post by loki88 »

Hey Daywalker, great cricket, Very classy, i would like to have a PE Civi myself, i carry my SE almost always, or my Spyderhawk as a low weight alternative. Think i'm gonna get the matriarch as well this year.

Greetz from Belgium ( first snow today) :)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

Yeah, that Cricket is SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!
That Civi...*sigh*...will I ever use it? No way! My Matriarch, yes. This Civi Paul sent...hmmmmmm...never. :p

Howzit senate! No, it is only engraved on the side shown. Man, I hope my wife don't bring it to work to USE! UGH!!!!!! :eek:

loki88: Howzit from Hilo bro!!! Still have not found piggy? :confused:

PAUL...man, what ya talking about..."right attitude"? LOL! Yes, her simple reply struck that chord in me that play's that irritating melody of "to use or not to use?" But, one of a kinds like that Cricket...I dunno...maybe for special occasions as this one is a work of art! For EDC, I hope she sticks to her pink Cricket. Makes sense to me anyway. ;)

MAHALO MUCH "Deacon"!!! I owe ya... :rolleyes: God bless!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Chad, I understand how you feel, but I think the ladies, to a much greater degree than us guys, are comfortable with the concept of "company china", something to be treated with more care than the "everyday" things, but used when the occasion warrants. For a tool like a knife, I'd consider using it to open presents just such a time. I think we males, on the other hand, seem more inclined to go for the extremes. A knife, to most of us, is either a "beater" or a "safe queen", there often does not seem to be any middle ground. That's the attitude I try to overcome in myself.
Paul
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Really nice knives. I wish I had the talent, tools and time to do that kind of engraving. Where can one get that kind of work done?
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Chad - those are some nice knives Paul has sent you two. Be proud and as far as I see it, why wouldn't you use a perfectly sound Spyderco knife????
They'll last a life time!
Mahalo from the Netherlands and please pass my warmest an most sincere regards to your ever so lucky wife.
We'll be in touch.
Jur.
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Chad. Congratulations on your new very fine knives. May you and your wife enjoy them. Paul is "da man" - very inspired gifts :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

Ahhhhh, Paul... ;)

Spyderknut: I am sure when Deacon sees this, he can tell you more about Mr. HUNT.

Jurphaas and Alexandru the Great....thank you both also for your kindness and sincerity. ;)

God bless!

SURLY

Always A Cricket

Post by SURLY »

THAT IS SHAKA BRUDDAH.......I LIKE .......SWEEEEEEEET :spyder:
:spyder: "Always a Cricket"
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Mahalo Surly!

Guess my wife can apply your "signature"...

ALWAYS A CRICKET! :D

God bless bruddah!

Moon

Post by Moon »

Good looking knives :)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Mahalo Moon!

My wife exclaimed, "It's the prettiest knife I ever saw!"
That Civilian speaks for itself! LOL!

God bless! ;)

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

spyderknut wrote:Really nice knives. I wish I had the talent, tools and time to do that kind of engraving. Where can one get that kind of work done?
I'm with you. Talent is the real key. Know if I had that, I'd get the tools and find the time. But I don't have that, so I'm just happy to have found someone who does. The gentleman who did the Cricket, my Delica (take a look at my webpage if you want to see that one), and is now working on a stainless Kiwi for me, is Marcus Hunt, a British master engraver. Unlike the soft metal "onlays" that are seen more frequently on Spydercos, Mr. Hunt engraves directly into the steel of the handles. No added weight or bulk and less chance of damage, as the steel is considerably harder than the material normally used for metal onlays.
Paul
dialex

engraving

Post by dialex »

Speaking of engraving here's a link: a way of engraving
I said "a way of engraving" as I presume there are many ways to get the desired result.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.