repression does not breed respect for the law

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BRAM

repression does not breed respect for the law

Post by BRAM »

Seems our Supreme Court has a common sense problem....basically they have none!

Scalia, Rhenquist & Thomas continue to prove the old adage that common sense is lost on those in power..

I mean who needs the Fourth Amendment?

Why worry about the First?

lets do nothing to defend the Second...

and in the process set up confrontations..all in the name of security and LAW that pit the poor guys in uniform against the common man..

GREAT going guys!

Who sufferes in repression?

All of us..

The LEO's are forced to destroy personal liberty to enforce repression and the people end up hating & fighting the guys who enforce those draconian laws rather than both groups setting on the law makers themselves...and of course the idiot politicians who help make our socierty safer by asking for these laws..

or interpretations of the laws..

Where is responsiblity for ones actions?

Where is freedom from unreasonable search or siezure?

Where is respect for others?

Where is FREEDOM and the freedom to choose ones own way, in print, pictures or lifestyle?

Way to go supreme court...

Watch out or they'll take away our right to carry knives...for some forsaken reason..
Ewok

Post by Ewok »

Um, I'll hazard a guess that you're ranting about the case where the woman was arrested for driving without a seatbelt?
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Ewok..no I wasn't actually....they arrested someone for no seatbelt? did it lead to a search of her person & vehicle? That would put it right in the 4th area... There are several 4th amendment cases pending and the review of several and the courts voice and official opinion are totally out of line with the intent of our constitution..
BUT thats democracy..

Hopefully we at MBC encourage respect of law and each other, ethics and morality that transcend the mutable reactions of the courts..and their vision of a lawful society...

I believe in personal freedom..including my right to carry and if the 4th is in jeapordy that means I can be searched to see what I'm carrying and if it meets the current
"fad of carry" whether or not I have done anything that warrents said search...

Oh well
Ewok

Post by Ewok »

Leo Daher

Post by Leo Daher »

Bram,

I couldn't agree more.
IMHO, we should all take some time out from our favorite tools and make sure to become politically active, so that we get to keep'em in the long run. Let's join and support those organizations that strive to preserve our individual freedoms - the NRA and IKTA come to mind, but are by no means the only ones - before it's too late.

Leo

"We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly, we will all hang separately."

Benjamin Franklin
Steve Drayton

Post by Steve Drayton »

Be active,Ladies and Gents or you could end up with laws like us in the UK. I would not wish that on you

Steve
sal

Post by sal »

I would like to express an opinion, a point of view.

It would be a positive road if all of those individuals interested in MBC were also operating on a high enough awareness level to see clearly both short and long view.

MBC is control, in all areas of your life. An MBC student is clear thinking and aware of their surroundings, at all times. Focus.

The samurai is above politics.

Bram, sorry, but I must disagree that politicians are idiots, anymore than MBC students are all crazed warmongers.

One may not agree with "Big Brother", but one must also be aware of and respect that Big Brother is BIG. Running a country is a very difficult job, especially with personal interests finding their ways into politics. Our Political system is not perfect...yet, but it is the best going. The system does have ways that provide for improvement, that should also be respected. Our Supreme Court is made up of some of the most respected people in the world, tring to do a good job. Pobody's Nerfect.

However, I must also remind you that this is a public forum at the Spyderco site for Martial Blade Craft. In the interest of Spyderco, I would request that political conversation be on a philsophical level.

thank you for your kind understanding.

sal
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Ooooooooh deary, dont wanna touch this one with a 10 foot pole,lol
But yeah Bram I do agree that at times our goverments do go completley overboard, never the less all we can do is try and get involved I suppose to cause change, other than that lets stay positive and hope for the best.

Seeya guys

MaNcEr

It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Gee Sal well I;m sdorry..There This is AMERICA..and as with MANY i agree that those on the Supreme court made a very bad decision..hmmm seems there wrre dessenting member s who expressed almost the exact same vebage as I did..
Yes..people of all kinds cam make idiotic decisions because of polotical ideology or whatever..
I support our country..
I support the constituion
I teach and train our law enforcement community..
I have always preached, taught and shown respect for others and our laws..even in my disagreement with them//When a law is made or an idea of a law is enforced that contradicts the US Constitution and allows for the disregard of an amendment I have to speak out for thats what I believe and thats the character I have lent to my part of MBC..you know the part I sent out religiously all year to any that would listen? you know to make everyone aware of what it is/ was?
I understand that being on the Supreme Court is an honor..that doesn't ,make them resoected..nor correct..there are good judges and bad and being on the Supreme Court is a matter of politics not only who is a good judge..

thats why there are big duscuyssions,,nasty political dbates about putting people on the court..
and ploticians AND the court are public figures that we are allowed to like or dislike based on our own feelings or the actions they take..

Sorry if my viewpoints differ from yours..
I state here I do not SPEAK for SPYDERCO nor resresent it in these statements..
Nor shpould the staements of me..Bram be taken to be those of SPYDERCO...
AND I know I have not stepped over ANY lines of being PC or proper "public response"..

I have my limits as well
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Bram. Thanx. I have no problems with you or your beliefs and I agree with most of what you have to say, in our discussions.

As a moderator of the Spyderco forums, as well as moderator of the Spyderco forum on BF, anything that I say will be perceived as being spoken as representative of Spyderco. I have been very careful to avoid politics on my forums for that reason.

Like you, I have my disagreements with much of what my government does (or doesn't do). However, I feel more comfortable dealing with those issues more philosophically on a Spyderco Martial Blade Craft forum.

As the Moderator of the Spyderco MBC forum, it is difficult to separate your self from being perceived as representing Spyderco.

Thank you for you for your kind understanding.

sal
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

OK..I think the term "idiots" is a generic term..nothing in the nasty intended..
as for the forum.. I mean no harm..But I thought that If this continues it goes to the point of stand up or we lose our rights and in an extreme case our knife rights..
So I spoke out..

The Federal Agencies I taught this past week echoed my feeling of politicians etc making
the "law" that the LEO must defend..without common sense or LEO input..

I again state I meant no harm nor disrespect to SPYDERCO or the forum nor the US Government..

When search n siezure can be attached to a simple offense or mistake thats a big deal..and if the search now turns up a "percieved Weapon' wether real or not to comp[ound that minor infraction now carrying draconian response we as a group suffer..
That was what dove me on..
If we in MBC cannot be the ones to voice reason, to encourage others to participate in voting & caring of our laws we are remiss and deserve to lose our knife rights....

But since it seems I am beinbgf called "out of bounds" on this..I will voice no more political posts..

And I don't see the correlation nor agree with politicians being idiots means that the same as knife guys are crazies..
We can openly see great numbers of one but almost none of the other...

But..

as I said..I'll post no more..
in the words of Stan the man: NUFF SAID!