Proto

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
antoine

Proto

Post by antoine »

Hi,

Here is a prototype of a knife I have designed ! Fred Perrin make the first test blade... What do you think about that (... just for waiting the "KoopKoop") ?

Antoine
Attachments
testC.jpg
testC.jpg (55.64 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
testB.jpg
testB.jpg (51.26 KiB) Viewed 5820 times
testA.jpg
testA.jpg (58.27 KiB) Viewed 5811 times
i.v

Post by i.v »

looks great, a very good way to make a combo edge in a small package, could work well as a rescue knife, a hard working garden knife, in the kitchen... i like it.. radical design, just how i like them, good work :D
oh, when's the folding version coming out? :p
Senate

Post by Senate »

I love it, like a bigger and nastier Kiridashi (Street Surgeon etc...).
maybe you can keep the kiridashi's design for the handle, no wood, just holes and a paaracord running through?
i.v

Post by i.v »

personally i like the wood, looks more warm & friendly that way.. i also tried imagining it with something like G10, frn & in all kinds of colors & i really think the wood is the best choice.. but it'll look good in jeans blue as well :p
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hmmm... looks interesting. What purpose did you have in mind when you designed that knife? Is it meant as a self defense tool or does it have a special purpose that I'm just too blind to see :confused: :D

Anyway, I like the concept of a serrated and a plain edge that can be used seperately. How long are the two edges? On the picture, the knife looks very small. Does it have a sheath and what kind of wood was used?

Cheers, Rob
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

That's one bad-@ss cutting tool you have there! :D Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Sam
Senate

Post by Senate »

Rob F wrote:Hmmm... looks interesting. What purpose did you have in mind when you designed that knife? Is it meant as a self defense tool or does it have a special purpose that I'm just too blind to see :confused: :D

Anyway, I like the concept of a serrated and a plain edge that can be used seperately. How long are the two edges? On the picture, the knife looks very small. Does it have a sheath and what kind of wood was used?

Cheers, Rob
Take a look at the Street Surgeon from Fred Perrin on this page, you'll have an idea of sheath, size (this proto looks bigger though) etc...
it's purpose? hum hard to say... nothing in particular and everything in general :)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha!

Wow, :eek: that is radical!!! Great job!

God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Senate, thanks for pointing me to the Street Surgeon. I knew this knife but I didn't think of it when I saw Antoine's proto. Now as you mentioned it, I can see the similarities between the designs. :)

Cheers, Rob
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Hey, that's a very interesting knife design! The blade is very short (great for space-saving and where legalities limit blade length), but at the same time, it looks as if it's a very powerful and stout cutter.

I can't imagine that blade tip ever breaking!
Your knife design is refreshing. And yes, I think the wood looks good, too. Since people like variety, though, I'd try to offer it in wood and G-10, among others.
Great job!

PS. Edited: Almost forgot to ask: what's the price point going to be?
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hello Antoine.
Nice little knife. Looks ideal for cutting the purse of an unsuspecting old woman in the bus in order to take her wallet :rolleyes: And if you get caught in the act, you may use the serrations to slash your way out. :p
Now seriously, I really like your designs, congratulations for making your first live blade :) May other follow. Say "salut" to Fred from me. ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
antoine

Post by antoine »

Hi and thanks,

I'm very happy to have your point of view.

The plain edge is 2 inches, the serrated 1,25 inches. The overall lenght 5,75 inches. The blade thikness 5/32. This knife is very heavy, and when you take it in your hand... it's very powerfull ! unbreakable !

I have make this design for a home knife. In the kitchen, the garden... eventualy for self defense... but there is no restiction !. Always ready when you need a quick and powerfull help. Fred make me a Kydex sheet for outdoor... but it's not a street Surgeon which is perfect in this category.

I make some little modifications on the drawing and take it to fred for the next piece. I think that Black wood (ébène) will be great... For the price, it depend of the material handle and the modification... no exactly price at this time ;) (sorry Jimd)

Antoine.