My Spyderco collection

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jyork

My Spyderco collection

Post by jyork »

just some quick pictures of the case. Sorry for the quality.
Attachments
spydercocoll004.JPG
spydercocoll004.JPG (61.26 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
spydercocoll003.JPG
spydercocoll003.JPG (59.89 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
spydercocoll001.JPG
spydercocoll001.JPG (61.37 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
spdercocoll002.JPG
spdercocoll002.JPG (59.75 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Jyork- Collector #123
jyork

Post by jyork »

more pics of my case and Q's
Attachments
spydercoQ002.JPG
spydercoQ002.JPG (60.86 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
spydercoQ001.JPG
spydercoQ001.JPG (61.45 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
spydercocoll006.JPG
spydercocoll006.JPG (60.02 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
spydercocoll005.JPG
spydercocoll005.JPG (60.44 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
Jyork- Collector #123
Senate

Post by Senate »

Wowwwwwwww I'm speechless... :eek:

question though: I see 3 Walkers, the lightweight in the back, the CF (drool) in the front but which one is it between them too? seems like almite...
Senate

Post by Senate »

well google has been my friend :)

it's the CX06, **** it's beautiful!
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Fantastic!! I just love to see other guy's collections! It is no doubt because I like so much the emotion of envy!!! ;)

How long has it taken you to put your collection together?
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
talonturbo

Post by talonturbo »

All I can say is WOW. Some people collect dozens of variations of just one model, but you have a collection of all those specific model collections. Best pics I've ever seen. Makes me glad that I don't even TRY to collect but instead just buy users. It's a mini Spyderco museum at your house. Congrats.
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

Jey,

I felt like you had a big full collection, ... but THIS IS GREAT !!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing the shots! :)

Senate,

If I'm not mistaken, the middle Walker is the Experimental number 6 with Almite scales.
Steve
Rob

Post by Rob »

Very impressive! Just out of couriosity... How many Spydies do you own?

Hmmm.. I think I'll have to do something to make my tiny collection at least al little bit bigger :rolleyes:

Cheers, Robert
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

:eek:

Wow. I could spend hours looking at (and getting bit by) your collection! Heck, I feel better about my own Spyderco addiction now! ;) Thanks for the shots of those beauties ! Freakin' great!
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Beautiful collection, and housed in a very nice display case as well.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Holy moly! Are you missing any variants? Not many by the looks. Did your wife take any when she divorced you ;) ? My 6 and 2 year old sons would have a bloody blast.

Thanks for sharing! Post more pics when you have the time and inclination.
Senate

Post by Senate »

Stevie Ray wrote: Senate,

If I'm not mistaken, the middle Walker is the Experimental number 6 with Almite scales.
Yep that's what I found out too... :)
jyork

Post by jyork »

Well it's been about 7-8 years of collecting to get all that you see. Been a Spyderco user for longer. I have been a numbered collector for the last 3 years or so. There always seems to be another one that pops up that I don't have from time to time. And there is always Q's that I don't have. Anyone wants to stop in Minneapolis feel free to drop me a line and come over and browse.
Yes it is a walker almite experimental. I actually stopped in at SFO about 4-5 years ago and bought that last 5 they had. All in mismarked boxes I might add.
I'm on my 3rd version to display them. When I started I had a 2x4 sheet of melmine with nails to hang them on. Got an original Jess Horn and that couldn't hang so I went to a bookcase kind of like Boxer93 but with them open on shelves. I finally searched for 6-9 months for a curio cabinet that I liked and that had a front opening panel. I've added 2 shelves and they still don't all fit. I apologize for the mediocre pictures. Case needs to be cleaned and I need to reorginize to try and fit new ones in there. It's also hard to take pictures in the case with the back being a mirror. I keep my Q's in wall hanging cases at work in my office. Always a good conversation starter. Everyone always knows who to ask for a knife at work. I missed a picture of my other wall hanging case that has my curved/hawkbill blades. They don't stay in the little jewel stands. Oh yeah I also missed a picture of my stand up Spyderco display case with all my versions of the Civilian. Like my Civilian done by Frank Recupero.
Man I'm not sure how many i have anymore. The last year has been kinda hectic at work and proposing to my girlfriend and then planning our wedding and honeymoon. The last count I remember was around 250-300 or so that I can recall. I've probably sold some or given some away or traded them.
I've started to collect others but find myself either back at Spyderco or broke. Looked at collecting Reeves but couldn't even dream of affording doing that.
I admire Spyderco on many levels. I think Sal and everyone there make an affordable but quality product that many people use as a tool everyday. Looking at my case is for me like appreciating good art. I see artistic expression in each and every knife. I am amazed how people like Sal and now Eric, Bob T, Ed Schempp and all the other designers of our Spydercos have so much talent to come up with so many useful and different designs. I tend to compare a lot of things in life to the car industry since that is the business that I'm in. There are so many different knife/car companies out there that appeal to different segments of the general public. Some are the Yugo's of the world (chinese knock-offs). Some are the Lamborghini's or Bugatti's (the many uber hand makers out there). Some are better than others but mostly it's all a matter of opinion. If I compared Spyderco to a car company who would it be? Are there more expensive products out there, sure but only a few can afford to use them. I know Sal would like to compare it to Porsche since he has an affinity for them. But I consider Spyderco very similar to Cadillac (of course I might be biased) or maybe BMW. A product line that appeals to a wide group of customers that wants performance and luxury all in an afforable usable package.
Ok I've rambled on long enough. I like coming here and talking with like minded people who appreciate the same thing. If I can answer a question or help a friend let me know. Sal keep doing what you are doing and I'll keep buying them. Spyderco may not be the biggest or flashiest knife compay out there but to me they are the best all around. I appreciate a company that lives by Sal's phrase "Integrity is being good even if no one is watching." Thanks all.
Jyork- Collector #123
vass

Post by vass »

jyork!!!! impressive !!!!!! :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: moore pic´s please!
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Wow!! Now THAT is a collection. That is too awesome for words. :D
Matt Studabaker

Post by Matt Studabaker »

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow.

Beautiful.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Simply awesome! Do you still have that Cricket? ;) CF IIRC?

Ted
fret

Post by fret »

Ohh...Spyderco heaven! If you have time maybe you could take a few individual photos of some of your favorites and post them for us to view here. Very nice.
LJK

Post by LJK »

jyork that is absolutly a magnifacent collection. I was wondering with a collection like that what are you're top picks for EDC? :spyder:
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

such a sweet collection. Just unbeliveable. thanks for sharing the pics.