What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
top dog

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by top dog »

DC-3,
I just received my Police Model yesterday and first lubed it with Ballistol before starting to open/close it. After a number of tries,it seized up pretty solid. I sent an e-mail to customer service before I do any damage to it. Maybe some Break-Free?? We shall see.

My first few exits were out of the "goonie birds" before I went to 'Nam ('64,'65.'66). Considering that I have three great grand daughters now in college,I guess I am pretty much a "goonie bird" myself.

Top Dog
Errorface

Post by Errorface »

We played outside and suddenly a litle spyder appeared :)
God bless the 2 little beauties :)
Attachments
IMG_3497.jpg
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Loving this new manbug salt!
Josh
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
toeterbaas

Post by toeterbaas »

Got my new lava !

Delica 4 Zome , Lava Silver
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I was out prowling my woods looking for some more trees to sacrifice to the shiitake gods and found this hemlock tree with an abnormally strong will to live. You cannot grow shiitake on hemlock so this guy will carry on....

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Hemlock Tree: Mighty Breaker of Rocks
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

top dog wrote:DC-3,
I just received my Police Model yesterday and first lubed it with Ballistol before starting to open/close it. After a number of tries,it seized up pretty solid. I sent an e-mail to customer service before I do any damage to it. Maybe some Break-Free?? We shall see.

My first few exits were out of the "goonie birds" before I went to 'Nam ('64,'65.'66). Considering that I have three great grand daughters now in college,I guess I am pretty much a "goonie bird" myself.

Top Dog
I got to ride in them about the same time while in the ARNG but was lucky enough never to go to 'Nam. They were still being used in the US southeast for commercial transport back then.

I've never used Ballistol on a knife, but I would think Break-Free or any light CLP product should loosen it up. Then it could be blown out with canned air. If it was very tight before you started, maybe the pivot needs to be loosened a bit. There are lots of lubrication freaks/experts ;) around here who would love to jump in and give their opinions about it if you want to start a topic.

Doug
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

i envy you folks that have sizable collections to change 'em up once in a while. me, i have a small stable but generally have a delica lwt and a ladybug se hawkbill with me daily.

btw, love the photos you all put up. some talented photographers here.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

top dog

Post by top dog »

DC-3,
The folks at Spyderco suggested I send it back to them. But,I first tried some Gibbasize (penetrant/lube),sprayed in the joint and waited a few hours. No problem,now smooth as can be. I guess that the Ballistol did not do too well with the stainless steels.
I have a Spyderco remote lock (I don't think that it is made anymore) that I have clipped to my fly fishing vest. I sprayed that with some Gibbasize just to be sure.
At the Blade Show,I intend to pick up some more Spydercos and also see my long time friend Michael Janich there.

Top Dog
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Maxamet ManixLW and Orange Delica. Yesterday's pic but am carrying the same two today.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

top dog wrote:DC-3,
The folks at Spyderco suggested I send it back to them. But,I first tried some Gibbasize (penetrant/lube),sprayed in the joint and waited a few hours. No problem,now smooth as can be. I guess that the Ballistol did not do too well with the stainless steels.
I have a Spyderco remote lock (I don't think that it is made anymore) that I have clipped to my fly fishing vest. I sprayed that with some Gibbasize just to be sure.
At the Blade Show,I intend to pick up some more Spydercos and also see my long time friend Michael Janich there.

Top Dog
I'm glad to see that you got it resolved without having to send it in. I'm not familiar with Gibbasize, but it sounds like it's doing the job. Might be good to blow it out with canned air and replace with fresh lube. Wish I could make it to the blade show but I don't think I can. I do plan to go to the closest (~50 miles) good knife store and check out several of the new Spyderco offerings in a few weeks though :)

Doug
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
vivi

Post by vivi »

T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

Errorface

Post by Errorface »

This endura wave looks cool and ruff in the same time.
Errorface

Post by Errorface »

:spyder:
Attachments
IMG_3499.jpg
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Sage 4 :)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
top dog

Post by top dog »

C-3,
Gibbasize is probably one of the best kept secrets in the automotive industry. It is a super lube/penetrant,in fact it took them three years to develop a can that could contain it w/o leaking.

The Blade Show is the best thing going but the real show is in the evening at the Pit which is the sunken bar at the hotel. That is where the real knife show/trading takes place.

The Spyderco booth at the show is probably one of the most popular and busiest.

Top Dog