The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Cycletroll

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by Cycletroll »

Totally agree! A 7 or 8 shot .327 scandium frame revolver would be awesome!
Soanso McMasters

Post by Soanso McMasters »

32 caliber revolvers should be far more popular than they are. 32 magnum is an excellent cartridge. More rounds in a same-sized cylinder along with low recoil and impressive ballistics. What’s not to like?!?! The selection in double action revolvers is just so limited.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageA fellow Forum member asked me to post his latest Ruger purchase . This pistol will have a red dot to finish the project . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Fellas, I really am liking this little CZ Bren 2 Ms
It's super handy with that 8" barrel. Can fold into a backpack, would also make a fantastic truck or jeep gun. Talk about firepower in a small format.
Folded she is 19 and 3/4 inches. My original 805 Bren with 11" barrel folded is 23 and 1/8 inches.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Wow 😮 that is sweet. I think CZ deserves more attention for their products across the board . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Finally was able to get a brace for this Bren 2 Ms
It's an A3 Tactical straight extension brace with a Tailhook Mod 1c. Very solid. Very nice.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I really like this set up with the Holosun 510c and Holosun 3x magnifier. Lol, I took my magnifier off!
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Nice "arm brace".
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mad Mac wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:37 am
Nice "arm brace".
Lol yeah....just a nice "pistol" in general 🤣
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Just ordered a M&P 10mm 4.6 no safety on Gunbroker last night.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Lol yeah....just a nice "pistol" in general
It sure passes the eye test. I'd bet it's pretty loud. I made the mistake of shooting AR carbines ( before M4's) with 11 inch barrel and had a pistol myself ( Bushmaster) with I forget how many inch barrel at the range without hearing protection. The short barrel AR's were the most painful to shoot of everything I experienced without ear plugs.

My cousin is now a retired Green Beret and he has always sworn by his CZ pistols. He had a CZ (?) 380 for his wife and a CZ 75 9mm for himself. He also had a real FN made FAL he bought in Europe. He could have had anything within reason but stuck with the reliable and well proven models. In fact back then the CZ's were very popular with the Rangers and Green Berets assigned to southern Germany back during the cold war late 70's and early to middle 80's.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Mastiff wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:07 pm
Lol yeah....just a nice "pistol" in general
It sure passes the eye test. I'd bet it's pretty loud. I made the mistake of shooting AR carbines ( before M4's) with 11 inch barrel and had a pistol myself ( Bushmaster) with I forget how many inch barrel at the range without hearing protection. The short barrel AR's were the most painful to shoot of everything I experienced without ear plugs.

My cousin is now a retired Green Beret and he has always sworn by his CZ pistols. He had a CZ (?) 380 for his wife and a CZ 75 9mm for himself. He also had a real FN made FAL he bought in Europe. He could have had anything within reason but stuck with the reliable and well proven models. In fact back then the CZ's were very popular with the Rangers and Green Berets assigned to southern Germany back during the cold war late 70's and early to middle 80's.
Thanks Joe!
Ya know, I'm gonna try and shoot it this weekend.
I really wanted a brace before I shot her.
That's really cool info about CZ's!
Good gracious, that FN FAL is really cool though.
I would love to see one.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Hey Paul, what scopes you got on your deer rifles? I’m finally thinking I need to upgrade my old scope on my .270 this year. I’m looking at Leupold or Vortex.
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:27 pm
Hey Paul, what scopes you got on your deer rifles? I’m finally thinking I need to upgrade my old scope on my .270 this year. I’m looking at Leupold or Vortex.
Josh I think you would LOVE that Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16×44 - it's even a first focal plane scope
The sportsman's guide has one and they have that awesome 4 pay plan. Heck it's only $349 anyways. But, what you get is just amazing. Now, I'm assuming you want variable power instead of a fixed. I would too of it was an ffp scope. That way your gtg on any magnification. Seriously, that's a HELLUVA lot a scope for the money. You can use it to deer hunt and anything else. And Vortex warranty is just like Leupold's - cannot bear it man. Hope that helps!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The last gun I bought was a Crosman Bushmater MPW Full Auto BB gun!! It even has a red dot on it
I also got 6,000 bb's and 50 cO2 cartridges for $35
The Full auto bb gun w/red dot was 179
Cannot wait till it gets here!!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:02 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Josh I think you would LOVE that Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16×44 - it's even a first focal plane scope
The sportsman's guide has one and they have that awesome 4 pay plan. Heck it's only $349 anyways. But, what you get is just amazing. Now, I'm assuming you want variable power instead of a fixed. I would too of it was an ffp scope. That way your gtg on any magnification. Seriously, that's a HELLUVA lot a scope for the money. You can use it to deer hunt and anything else. And Vortex warranty is just like Leupold's - cannot bear it man. Hope that helps!
Thanks brother, I’ve been looking at that one and heard the warranty is freaking awesome!
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:34 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:02 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Thanks brother, I’ve been looking at that one and heard the warranty is freaking awesome!
Your very welcome!
Trust me bro, grab that Vortex. You just will not be disappointed!
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

My Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x50 was great until it wasn't.
After 4 years of jouncing across rough pastures as my truck gun
on my Ruger American Compact .243
and some great one shot kills on coyote
it just suddenly would no longer hold zero.
Vortex replaced it, no questions asked.
Have not gotten around to zeroing or shooting the replacement one yet.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:18 am
My Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x50 was great until it wasn't.
After 4 years of jouncing across rough pastures as my truck gun
on my Ruger American Compact .243
and some great one shot kills on coyote
it just suddenly would no longer hold zero.
Vortex replaced it, no questions asked.
Have not gotten around to zeroing or shooting the replacement one yet.
Man, how can ya beat that? That's awesome.
And, if I'm not mistaken, the Diamondback is a step up from the Crossfire ? I think it is anyways.
I've had their Viper but, always wanted that Razor. Those Razors are pricey.
But, the heck of it is, a Diamondback or Crossfire is way more than enough for most people imo.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Crossfire II was only about $220. Least expensive Vortex I know of.
The 50mm bell made me have to switch from low to medium height rings.
I like to mount scopes as low as possible.