What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:43 am
Berry nice Inkosi

🤣🤣🤣
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hans gobbling up those CRK's lately!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:33 am
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:15 am
Quiet Carry Waypoint. Vanax super clean hollow grind blade, Ti scales and LC200 liners. Should withstand a bit of water.

20230719_202459.jpg
Holy smokes you have some nice knives 👊👏 I had the Ti knurled Drift and loved it but it was just a tad small…might try the LC version…never held the waypoint but supposedly QC is coming out with an XL model so definitely gonna give that one a go. Always loved the looks of the Waypoint with the Vanax super clean hollow grind 👍
Thanx bud! It's indeed a small knife and wish that I had the knurled Ti version of the Waypoint 😎 Love the drift! Which version? Thumbstuds? Did not know an XL model is coming along, very cool!!
:bug-red-white 37 Spydies and counting :winking-tongue
:bug-red-white 17 different steels and counting :winking-tongue

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:17 am
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Quiet Carry Waypoint. Vanax super clean hollow grind blade, Ti scales and LC200 liners. Should withstand a bit of water.

20230719_202459.jpg
Holy smokes you have some nice knives 👊👏 I had the Ti knurled Drift and loved it but it was just a tad small…might try the LC version…never held the waypoint but supposedly QC is coming out with an XL model so definitely gonna give that one a go. Always loved the looks of the Waypoint with the Vanax super clean hollow grind 👍
Thanx bud! It's indeed a small knife and wish that I had the knurled Ti version of the Waypoint 😎 Love the drift! Which version? Thumbstuds? Did not know an XL model is coming along, very cool!!
I had the black knurled Ti version of the Drift w/thumb studs…ended up selling it because it was a tad too small…I really like the new Drift LC(large contoured) in OD green…it runs on ceramic bearings which are supposedly rust proof and is considered a salt knife… it’s definitely larger than the OG Drift…the only disappointing aspect is it’s not in Vanax…QC leaked some preview pics of the Waypoint XL on their Instagram account but something really threw off the release date…originally was supposed to be released I believe in January 🤔
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:31 am
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:17 am
Paul Ardbeg wrote:

20230719_202459.jpg
I had the black knurled Ti version of the Drift w/thumb studs…ended up selling it because it was a tad too small…I really like the new Drift LC(large contoured) in OD green…it runs on ceramic bearings which are supposedly rust proof and is considered a salt knife… it’s definitely larger than the OG Drift…the only disappointing aspect is it’s not in Vanax…QC leaked some preview pics of the Waypoint XL on their Instagram account but something really threw off the release date…originally was supposed to be released I believe in January 🤔
6 months behind 😬 For me Quiet Carry was a very pleasant surprise so worth the wait. Just a shame they dont have retailers is Europe, it's hard/expensive to get your hands on one.
:bug-red-white 37 Spydies and counting :winking-tongue
:bug-red-white 17 different steels and counting :winking-tongue

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I liked this pair a lot, so they’re still together today.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

kennethsime wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:23 pm

I liked this pair a lot, so they’re still together today.
Nice 📸 and knives 👊
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Benchmade Pardue G10 721 , an old friend in pocket . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Dan is that blade polished, or is it how the light is it hitting it? Regardless, looks cool!

-Rick
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:11 pm
Image Benchmade Pardue G10 721 , an old friend in pocket . MG2
Yet another I’ve never heard of…how many knives you got Dan? Are we talkin’ RevMike #’s?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ha ha ha ! No Mike is top tier , I really don’t get into numbers much . I have enough to keep myself occupied. I purged collection a few years ago , eliminated safe queens and some rare ones . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:13 pm
Dan is that blade polished, or is it how the light is it hitting it? Regardless, looks cool!
It is just polished old school BM . The top of blade by thumbstud is shadow . 154 CM and ATS-34 can really shine if a company wants to take the effort .
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:01 pm
Ha ha ha ! No Mike is top tier , I really don’t get into numbers much . I have enough to keep myself occupied. I purged collection a few years ago , eliminated safe queens and some rare ones . Dan
Sure Dan, humble as always…next time you feel the urge to purge - hey that just popped in my head 🤣, you just message me and we can begin the negotiations 😉
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:08 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sure Dan, humble as always…next time you feel the urge to purge - hey that just popped in my head 🤣, you just message me and we can begin the negotiations 😉
In gallery there is a picture in collection in one picture . I have a shot in it but not the greatest. I have added some and moved some since it was taken .
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:14 pm
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:08 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
In gallery there is a picture in collection in one picture . I have a shot in it but not the greatest. I have added some and moved some since it was taken .
Nice, I’ll go check it out 👊
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:36 am
Hans gobbling up those CRK's lately!
It took me more than a decade to pull the pin. The new steels and hard heat treatments make it much easier to rationalise the (considerable) expense.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Yeah I have been waiting patiently for a local shop to get the model I want to start with (Small Sebenza Insingo Magnacut) but it’s been a minute cuz they get what CRK offers so I might just have to grab one off the swap…I cringe every time one comes up…sometimes they are still available after several hours at $450 LNIB…eventually I’d like to have an Umnumzaan, a Large Sebenza Insingo and their Backpacker fixed blade, but that’s a shi.load of $$$…so in due time I guess…I’ve handled all the models and the Small really surprised me for edc…I’m not a big fan of thumb studs so I’ll probably end up with aftermarket ones from TiConnector…it’s definitely an heirloom
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

I’m happiest with Micarta,Tool Steel and Magnacut 😉
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It's that solid build quality for me. They feel so solid in hand. Not to mention how much edge length you get for the size of the knife, no matter what model. My only knock on them is out of the 6 I have had or now have, none of them has been close to being as sharp as a Spyderco. That's saying something for Spyderco, but also a knock against CRK. If we're spending $500+ on a knife it should be able to shave arm hair out of the box, in my opinion.

-Rick
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:50 am
It's that solid build quality for me. They feel so solid in hand. Not to mention how much edge length you get for the size of the knife, no matter what model. My only knock on them is out of the 6 I have had or now have, none of them has been close to being as sharp as a Spyderco. That's saying something for Spyderco, but also a knock against CRK. If we're spending $500+ on a knife it should be able to shave arm hair out of the box, in my opinion.
They do feel solid for sure but between the local shop here and BladeShow (the only two places I’ve handled them) I never checked how sharp they were 🤔… and like you said that’s disappointing considering the price…I’ve never purchased a dull Spyderco 💪