NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by MacLaren »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:25 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:21 pm
Can yall believe Atlanta blew ANOTHER game!?
.....it ain't over yet, but I have a feeling they will loose
It's pretty much over now with that pick!

My Bears winning ugly again but I'll take it. Happy they finally sat Trubisky down and put Foles in. It's about time
I agree. Its time Foles settles in as the starter.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

My Bears winning ugly again but I'll take it. Happy they finally sat Trubisky down and put Foles in. It's about time
The undefeated Bears! Must feel pretty good, huh? Foles is special and Philly did him dirty getting rid of him not once but twice
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

The undefeated Bears! Must feel pretty good, huh? Foles is special and Philly did him dirty getting rid of him not once but twice
Yup.
I always wander what Philly could've done( had they kept Foles )....prolly win another Super Bowl....
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

It feels great but as a Bears (& Cubs) fan you get conditioned to not get too optimistic :) I'm always hopeful though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:06 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Yup.
I always wander what Philly could've done( had they kept Foles )....prolly win another Super Bowl....
MAC you and I both have known that when Philly parted ways with Nick Foles that they really shot themselves in the foot big time :( . Yesterday's rally when he led the Bears out of a rut to win the game did not surprise me at all. If the Chicago Bears don't make Foles their starting QB for the remainder of the season they will be regretful for sure. I just wish the Chiefs could have got him back again to back up Mahomes. Foles and Andy Reid are good friends too.

I seriously doubt if Trubisky could have rallied the team like Foles did. Nick Foles is a true NFL warrior :cool:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well needless to say all the local KC sportsbars are buzzing like a bee hive. We have 4 bar & grill type joints here in down town Blue Springs, MO where I currently live and they are all beginning to draw crowds now as we speak. The party started about the noon hour and it's about 2:00pm CDT. I've also heard that both the "Power & Light District" along with "WESTPORT" here in Kansas City are all getting crowded as we speak

This entire metro area and the people I have talked to today all seem to be more hyped for tonight's game with the KC Chiefs against the powerhouse Baltimore Ravens than they were during the playoffs. It's been quite a while since I've seen a regular season game create the buzz and fanfare that this game between the Chiefs and the Ravens has stirred up.

Monday Night games always seem to get a lot of interest when the Chiefs are featured but there are just as many Ravens fans excited about this one as well. This may be one of the most important regular season games I've ever seen the Chiefs in since the Patrick Mahomes era started.

I'm going pick the Chiefs to win by at least a field goal>> but this is not going to be an easy game for either team. As T. O. ( Terell Owens) used to say "Get Your Popcorn Ready" :D
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Game of the year tonight!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

34-31 Chiefs on another Butker game winner.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:16 pm
Game of the year tonight!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

34-31 Chiefs on another Butker game winner.
Rick you know this Harrison Butker I do believe is the "Real Deal". He reminds me so much of Nick Lowery who the Chiefs had for years and he was like "money in the bank" when you had to depend on him to win a game. Also decades agp the Chiefs had Jan Stenerud who literally won Superbowl IV for them. So we had 2 "hall of fame" caliber kickers with those two guys. I feel Butker could potentially be as good as both of them were. But time will tell.

I heard on one of the KC Sports radio stations that they got Harrison Butker off the Panther's practice squad of all places. I bet the Panthers are kicking themselves in the head for letting that one get away from them. Yeah I do believe that Butker is going to be up there with Adam Viniteri, Jason Elam, Morton Anderson and about 3 others I could name off. The Chiefs got super lucky when they landed him.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Gosh, it's a freakin toss up as far as tonight is concerned imo.
What the heck, I'm gonna predict that Baltimore wins but, I'll be rooting for Mahomes and the Cheifs!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:28 pm
What the heck, I'm gonna predict that Baltimore wins but, I'll be rooting for Mahomes and the Cheifs!
After taking the Browns over the Ravens, you're no longer allowed to choose the Ravens again this season! :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
I can't really argue with you MAC because I got a feeling that this one is going to be razor close>> unless Mahomes can strike quickly and draw first blood and also get a couple of turnovers early in the game. Unless some scenario like that plays out it's probably anyone's guess.

But I still think with Harrison Butker as our "Ace In The Hole" I think it could go right down to the wire.

The Chief's defense is probably going to have to have their best game of the year.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:29 pm
MacLaren wrote:
After taking the Browns over the Ravens, you're no longer allowed to choose the Ravens again this season! :p
Best post of the year!! :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 pm
MacLaren wrote:
I can't really argue with you MAC because I got a feeling that this one is going to be razor close>> unless Mahomes can strike quickly and draw first blood and also get a couple of turnovers early in the game. Unless some scenario like that plays out it's probably anyone's guess.

But I still think with Harrison Butker as our "Ace In The Hole" I think it could go right down to the wire.

The Chief's defense is probably going to have to have their best game of the year.
I hear ya buddy.
It could go either way. No doubt about it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I would love to know what the Neilsen ratings are going to be for tonight's game between the Chiefs and Ravens. I bet the Neilsen Ratings for the game are up there around record breaking area :cool: Everyone I've talked to this afternoon here in Blue Springs, MO is talking about the Chiefs game tonight. Even non-football people are talking about this game :rolleyes:

I just hope that Patrick Mahomes can strike first. And Kelce and Hill both better have a stellar night.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A preview of the AFC Championship perhaps?

Unless the Pats sneak in there. They are good at that. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:50 pm
A preview of the AFC Championship perhaps?

Unless the Pats sneak in there. They are good at that. ;)
I wouldn't bet against it. But there is one more team I'll throw into that equation>> The Tennessee Titans are looking pretty scary as well.

But this will be the best Monday Night game so far this season.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Holy Moses!!! That Baltimore Ravens running game is ferocious :eek: The Chiefs have their work cut out for them.

We were very fortunate to hold the Ravens to a field goal on that drive.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Chiefs answer!
Minus the missed PAT
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:28 pm
Holy Moses!!! That Baltimore Ravens running game is ferocious :eek: The Chiefs have their work cut out for them.

We were very fortunate to hold the Ravens to a field goal on that drive.
Sir Patrick answers with 6 :cool: But this is going to be a mean game before it's all over :p
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:32 pm
Chiefs answer!
Minus the missed PAT
MAC I think this game is going to boil down to who gets the most turnovers. Because both teams are going to be hard to stop it seems. Two turnovers could cost either team the game IMO.