Bradley folder 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jmh58

Re: Bradley folder 2

Post by jmh58 »

jmh58 wrote:How about a pic with the blade closed to see how much of the hole is accessed.. Thanks.. John
Anyone!!! :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Lebowski22

Post by Lebowski22 »

I am particularly interested in the amount of exposed hole in the closed position as well as the accessibility of the liner lock in the open position.

Is the liner lock mechanism easier to access and disengage as compared to the original? I am interested as a wrong handed individual that will have to use my pointer finger to use the lock.
paladin

Post by paladin »

Lebowski22 wrote:I am particularly interested in the amount of exposed hole in the closed position as well as the accessibility of the liner lock in the open position.

Is the liner lock mechanism easier to access and disengage as compared to the original? I am interested as a wrong handed individual that will have to use my pointer finger to use the lock.
You're not gonna see a quantum difference...remember the liner lock on the GB1 & 2 was engineered with a certain amount of "inaccessibility" in mind to prevent accidental disengagement :)
Lebowski22

Post by Lebowski22 »

You're not gonna see a quantum difference...remember the liner lock on the GB1 & 2 was engineered with a certain amount of "inaccessibility" in mind to prevent accidental disengagement :)[/quote]

I suspected as much, perchance to dream. Thanks for responding.

Still not going to stop me from buying it though.
swigert

Post by swigert »

I'll need custom scales for this one I think.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

jmh58 wrote:
jmh58 wrote:How about a pic with the blade closed to see how much of the hole is accessed.. Thanks.. John
Anyone!!! :)
From Mr. Blonde
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Mine is sitting in my mailbox!!!! Can't wait to get home from work!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The hole is exposed plenty on both sides for access, the piece I received is noticeably easier to disengage the lock than on my GB1.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

hoimin and farnorthdan THANKS!! That is what I was wanting to know!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Cameron wrote:Image
I just wanted to say the quality and composition of your photographs are amazing! Thanks :)
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

I like the looks of this knife. How many of you are actually going to use this, instead of locking it in a safe or putting it on a shelf or in a drawer?
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

This is a 'user' for me, but I dont have any safe queens...

I've cut everything I've needed to with this knife since I got it.

I opened all the Christmas boxes so far, cut athletic tape, and done basic food prep included cutting the cuties and other fruit above. Mine will be my everyday carry knife to be used but not abused. Mine already has a patina from cutting up fruit for two meals for my daughters.

Almoe66 wrote:I just wanted to say the quality and composition of your photographs are amazing! Thanks :)
Thanks but that was literally taken with my phone on the kitchens counter after cutting up fruit for my girls, with the natural light from the kitchen widow. Great phone I guess.

Cameron
Last edited by Cameron on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

That is a great phone, mine takes crappy pics, I really need to invest in a real camera. Your pics put mine to shame Cameron.

I will also use the heck out of mine, I would say a good 90% of all my :spyder:'s are users but will admit I do have a handful of safe queens many of which though have duplicates so I can use them, my SB collection would be a good example. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

This was posted over on bf today

"For those waiting for one of these through Knifeworks, here is the email I got in regards to the Pre-Orders:

We have started these with the small quantities that we have received in. We still have pre orders in June to fill, which we are trying to fill the orders as fast as possible, but have only received in 10 so far. With the high demand, this will be a long wait.
Thank You
Ashley"
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Just got mine and initial reaction is WOW! Both examples are 40-50% ish lockup and rock solid, centered, and SCARY sharp. Light for it's size and just all around awesome.

Deal of the year at it's price point!
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Popsickle wrote:Deal of the year at it's price point!
My thoughts exactly
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
devine1

Post by devine1 »

Cameron wrote:This is a 'user' for me, but I dont have any safe queens...

I've cut everything I've needed to with this knife since I got it.

I opened all the Christmas boxes so far, cut athletic tape, and done basic food prep included cutting the cuties and other fruit above. Mine will be my everyday carry knife to be used but not abused. Mine already has a patina from cutting up fruit for two meals for my daughters.

Almoe66 wrote:I just wanted to say the quality and composition of your photographs are amazing! Thanks :)
Thanks but that was literally taken with my phone on the kitchens counter after cutting up fruit for my girls, with the natural light from the kitchen widow. Great phone I guess.

Cameron
Awesome, first patina pics!
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

NGK has these in stock! looks like 3 left!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Popsickle wrote:Just got mine and initial reaction is WOW! Both examples are 40-50% ish lockup and rock solid, centered, and SCARY sharp. Light for it's size and just all around awesome.

Deal of the year at it's price point!
I think I would have to agree with popsickle, for the money the GB2 is a no brainer, CF + M4 for around $130, how can you pass up a deal like that.

Probably the biggest improvement over the GB1 is the lock, bigger jimping and mine releases better, easier to get to.