NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Unfortunately racism is still a big problem here in the US. With Garrett making this false claim...a week after the incident, is a bad look for him and for what the african american community is fighting for. Yes, I know slurs are hurled left and right every day. But being on the big stage like he is, probably with many kids that idolize him (let's face it, he's an incredible talent on the football field), he's really hindering their movement/efforts to stop racism. Even his fellow african american teammates and players in the league aren't backing him up on this. He really just made a bad situation, even worse by saying that.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:51 am
Unfortunately racism is still a big problem here in the US. With Garrett making this false claim...a week after the incident, is a bad look for him and for what the african american community is fighting for. Yes, I know slurs are hurled left and right every day. But being on the big stage like he is, probably with many kids that idolize him (let's face it, he's an incredible talent on the football field), he's really hindering their movement/efforts to stop racism. Even his fellow african american teammates and players in the league aren't backing him up on this. He really just made a bad situation, even worse by saying that.
I am for every American citizen to have equal rights no matter what race, ethnicity or religion. No human being deserves to be treated in a hateful or debased manner in this country. With that being said Mr. Myles Garrett himself said two days after the incident that he apologized to all the players involved including QB Mason Rudolph. Up to that time there was no mention what so ever about any racially debased slur or comment. I even heard on one of the Sports Radio shows that no one involved on either team never heard any such comment at the time of the incident.

And why did Garrett act like a barbaric animal anyway with only 8 seconds left in the game and his team had a 2 touchdown lead :confused: . The game was over for all intent and purposes. Garrett had no excuse what so ever. He was just saying that lie to the NFL in hopes that it would soften his punishment. He also said he was angry that what he told the NFL went public>> why would he be angry???? Because people want lies to be kept secret that's why. If it was the absolute truth it would have come out the night the incident happened. it's really that simple folks
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 am
I wish I could have that much money and be that dumb. Here I am just poor and dumb. 🤣
Hey, you may be poor but at least you are no psychopath like he is.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I haven't got my Week #13 picks yet because I'm still licking my wounds over my 4-5 showing out of my 9 picks of week 12.

But I've got one pick right up front and it's a dandy and I'm sticking with it. I'm picking the Buffalo Bills to beat The Dallas Cowboys at their home stadium. I just got a serious gut feeling that the Cowboys are going to lose on Thanksgiving and all **** is going to break loose in the Dallas organization.
I think if I'm right on my hunch on the Bills vs Cowboys game then that should be enough to get Jason Garrett in the unemployment line almost immediately!! I doubt if Jerry Jones ego could take that loss at home with all things considered without somebody paying a heavy price.
Every interview I've seen of Jerry Jones this week you can see the desperation in his eyes. If the Boys lose to the Bills I do believe all **** is going to erupt>> there might even be multiple firings.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Bills are actually no joke this year. I watch them every Sunday, as they are always televised around here. Their defense is very good, and the offense is pretty good...as long as Allen isn't erratic with the football. They can definitely hang with Dallas. They are a bit soft against the run from time to time, which isn't good here going against a top 3 rb in the league. We'll ALL get to see what happens! I'm going with the Bills, 17-14

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:11 am
The Bills are actually no joke this year. I watch them every Sunday, as they are always televised around here. Their defense is very good, and the offense is pretty good...as long as Allen isn't erratic with the football. They can definitely hang with Dallas. They are a bit soft against the run from time to time, which isn't good here going against a top 3 rb in the league. We'll ALL get to see what happens! I'm going with the Bills, 17-14
The few times that Buffalo has lost this year they haven't lost by very much in any of those games from what I can remember. Even The Pats didn't beat them by very much. I've noticed that Buffalo's defense has really improved this year and I think that there is going to be big trouble in the Big D on Thanksgiving day.
Now on the running game that might not matter>> because Zeke Elliot has really disappointed me terribly this year. Especially after that colossal pay day he got at the beginning of the season. And Dak is under super pressure to win it all or he won't get his big pay day at all. Jones was really smart to hold off on his new contract. I'm now to the point to where I would be surprised if Dallas won this Turkey Day game. I'm taking the Bills by 28 to 13
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well my first prediction is looking good so far. We have Buffalo over Dallas at a score of 13 to 7 just before half time. And I'm sticking with my prediction of the Bills winning 28 to 13 over the Cowboys
OK the rest of my Week #13 picks are
(1) The Saints over the Falcons ( It's either going to be the Saints or Niners for the NFC in the Superbowl)
(2)The Bills over the Cowboys ( This year's Cowboys might be the worst paper tiger ever>> and Jason Garrett MUST BE FIRED!!)
(3) The Titans over the Colts ( I just don't think the Colts have anything left in their tank)
(4) The Steelers over the Browns ( Tomlin will get his revenge)
(5) The Packers over the Giants ( Rodgers will do well for the remainder of the season)
(6) The Jaguars over the Bucs ( I still believe in Foles)
(7)The Chiefs over the Raiders ( it's truly DO or DIE for the Chiefs at this point>> another loss will wipe them out for the season)
(8)The 49ers over the Ravens ( The Niners may just be up-stoppable for the NFC)
(9) The Vikings over the Seahawks ( The Vikings are much better this year than I expected and Cousins has completely fooled me)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Well Joe, we called that one buddy!! BIG win for the Bills!! Ensures them a winning record and great position at a wild card spot. Their finally building something promising there. Good for them! Will have many happy co-workers come Monday morning.

-Rick
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

How about da Bears!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Cowboys are still in 1st place in the East.
"these rose-colored glasses that I've been looking through... Show only the beauty... Cuz they hide all the truth"
Beer and old country songs help me through these tough losses lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:18 pm
Well Joe, we called that one buddy!! BIG win for the Bills!! Ensures them a winning record and great position at a wild card spot. Their finally building something promising there. Good for them! Will have many happy co-workers come Monday morning.
Well I'm not at all claiming to psychic or anything of the like>> but Tuesday I was looking hard at the schedule and I just couldn't see Dallas getting out of their rut>> nor do I see it ending any time soon either. If Jerry Jones don't fire Jason Garrett then I'm sure the fans are really going to let him have it.

With all the talent that Dallas has this just blows my mind in so many ways. It's coaching!!! There's just no other excuses at all. Heck as bad of a season that Carson Wentz is having I still see that he could win that division before it's all over.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Way to see the brighter side of things SG! I've got my own quote from a NOFX song (punk band) I used to like that just popped in my head from your quote!

Jerry/Jason/Dak could quote this..."if you're gonna look to me, better get rose colored shades, because what you see is what you get" :p

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:36 pm
Cowboys are still in 1st place in the East.
"these rose-colored glasses that I've been looking through... Show only the beauty... Cuz they hide all the truth"
Beer and old country songs help me through these tough losses lol
I hear you Spydergirl :o It's been an agonizing season for my Chiefs as well. Like I said earlier if the Chiefs don't beat the Raiders this Sunday then it's all over for them this season. Nothing short of running the table I feel will save their season.

The Cowboys seem to be under a curse or something. I just don't get it :confused: With all the talent that is on that Cowboy's team it's just nothing but a bad coaching failure plain and simple. I knew when they lost to the Jets earlier in the season that there was something really bad wrong with that team. :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

That Buffalo Bills Team is far more respectable than I had thought. I must admit that I had only watched them briefly on two previous occasions this season before yesterday's game with the Cowboys. Those guys truly have a serious defense. In the next two years or so they are going to be a serious contender I'm certain. They not only beat the Cowboys they gave them a serious beating :cool:

If you all want to see something funny you should pull up Stephen A. Smith's Youtube rant about the Cowboys>> especially the one he made yesterday.
Stephen A. Smith really hates those Cowboys and it's hilarious to watch his recent rants on Youtube :D

IF I were Jerry Jones I would fire Jason Garrett ASAP. And I would sure wait before giving DAK a big money contract. The Dallas Cowboys are truly in "meltdown mode" at this time. It's really sad to watch too.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I've had a few of you disagree with me concerning Philidelphia's QB Carson Wentz :rolleyes: Well he laid another egg today going up against the powerful Miami Dolfins :D :rolleyes: . I'll stand on what I said earlier in the season>> Wentz just isn't all that good>>> the Eagles would have been better off keeping Nick Foles IMO.

I really thought the niners were going to beat the RAVENS. All I can say is that the RAVENS are for real and very well could win the AFC.

Interesting day thus far>> the Chiefs just got their game under way.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I dunno Joe...Foles played like garbage today and ended up getting benched! Against one of the worst pass defenses in the league! An int and 2 lost fumbles.

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

No one in this thread has disagreed with you about Carson Wentz. I, for one, have agreed with you multiple times.

I actually remember you picking Carson Wentz to beat the best defense in league this season. :rolleyes: LOL

Also, A 49ers win today would have been ideal!
- Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:54 pm
I dunno Joe...Foles played like garbage today and ended up getting benched! Against one of the worst pass defenses in the league! An int and 2 lost fumbles.
I knew one of you were going to bring that up>> and you're correct in what you're saying. But had the Eagles kept Foles I think it would have been a completely different story. The Jaguars complete game plan has just looked sick all year long so far. I never really thought that the Jaguars was a good fit for him. But they were desperate for a good QB and paid him well and I can't blame him.

But had he been able to stay in Phillie I think we would be having a different conversation.

But Carson Wentz I'm afraid has the makings of a major draft bust so far.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:55 pm
No one in this thread has disagreed with you about Carson Wentz. I, for one, have agreed with you multiple times.

I actually remember you picking Carson Wentz to beat the best defense in league this season. :rolleyes: LOL

Also, A 49ers win today would have been ideal!
If you go back and read every post where I mentioned Carson Wentz you'll see that I've never been sold on him at all. To me he has shades of David Carr ( Derek's brother) who was a really bad draft bust. Yes there were a couple of times I predicted the Eagles to win a regular season game but not very often. **** they couldn't even beat the Cowboys when everyone else was beating them>> including the lowly New York Jets for crying out loud :rolleyes:
And for the Dolfins to beat them by that score there is something desperately wrong with Wentz and the entire team as well.

If Wentz was even half as good as all the so-called football experts have proclaimed Wentz to be the Eagles would be running away with that division. I still think the Cowboys will win it even as mediocre as they are. Actually both teams have been a terrible disappointment this year.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well The Chiefs are still alive for a playoff spot. I doubt if they get any home field advantage this year but at least they will probably be in the Post Season. The Chiefs won today against the Raiders 40 to 9. Our defense is finally showing some hope.

We go to play the Pats next week and I'm hoping for a miracle in that game. But Mahomes still doesn't look like he's 100% yet since his knee injury.

I'm still picking the Vikings to beat the Seahawks on the Monday Night game.