NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by MacLaren »

Oh, and Rick!
Another tale tale sign that Garrett lied about the racial sure, was that Garrett was really upset that it was " leaked "..lol
He thought that what he said in his appeal would be confidential.
I tell ya, imo, this Garrett is a coward, and mean and has some serious issues. Doc Dan nailed it when he said that Garrett had INTENT to inflict a mortal blow to the head. And, I agree with that assessment 1,000%.
One only had to look at Garrett and see what happened.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A racial slur is no excuse to try and kill or maim someone. Plus his own teammates dispute his story. He needs to go...for good.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:05 am
Oh, and Rick!
Another tale tale sign that Garrett lied about the racial sure, was that Garrett was really upset that it was " leaked "..lol
I tell ya, imo, this Garrett is a coward, and mean and has some serious issues. Doc Dan nailed it when he said that Garrett had INTENT to inflict a mortal blow to the head. And, I agree with that assessment 1,000%.
You're spot on again MAC ;) For one thing just two days after the incident Garrett himself said that he apologized for everything. He also said that he sent a personal apology to Mason Rudolph ( the guy he criminally assaulted) and at that time there was not even one mention of anything racial.

Garrett didn't even play that hypocritical race card until he met with NFL officials :rolleyes: He's simply desperate and now realizes how much money he's going to lose over this and he is looking for every opportunity he can find to reduce his punishment. He's lying even worse than Kareem Hunt did over his incident. To wait until almost a week after it happened before making any accusation over racism.

There is no way anyone can convince me of that at all. It was two black teammates of Rudolph's that came to his aid. About 75% of his team mates are black for crying out loud. Even Jason Whitlock ( black sports reporter) said it was a flat out lie. Just the timing of it is total proof he's lying. He's going to lose a lot more money than he originally thought and now he's desperate. CASE CLOSED on that one :mad:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:37 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 pm
Actually SF Native makes some good points. Take the sport of boxing for instance>> the objective there is to literally knock a man out by way of concussion>> the same thing that the NFL claims they are trying to avoid :confused:

Boxing is nothing more than two adult men ( or in some cases women) that literally commit assault and battery against one another to the point to where an opponent can no longer physically take it>> the sport of boxing is so barbaric to where it would be otherwise illegal in daily life and a felony at that :rolleyes: .

Let's face it to a large degree a lot of people have a sick sort of love for violence and mayhem and football is a sport that fills that void nicely. Personally I like the strategy and science of the game. Sure I appreciate a good tackle or stopping a running back promptly. But football ironically isn't even one of the worst as far as wear and tear on your body and brain. I literally dread to see what results from Ultimate Fighting and Full Contact Martial arts type sports.

They are never going to make football a civilized sport>> at least not in most of our lifetimes. Because of the pride and emotion that these players are dealing with there is no way to fully stop incidents like this.
JD, you oughtta know better....
You know what that helmet could've done to Mason Rudolph
SF Native has no idea what's he talkin about.
I'm confused?? :confused: What did I say previously that I said that puts me in the dog house. I was just simply saying that Football by it's very nature is a potentially violent sport. And it does get violent from time to time. Whereas in the sport of boxing the objective of that game is to hurt your opponent. Knocking a guy out in boxing is a brutal concussion and there is no way around it.

If you read my previous post to this one you'll see I've agreed with some recent things you've said. I don't get it :confused:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:48 am
And I'm really hoping the league will truly INDEFINITELY suspend Garrett, for his trying to say that Rudoplh used a racial against him. That is absolutely sickening.
I couldn't agree with you more. I think that the second guy that came up from behind and hit Rudolph in the back while he was just standing there should get much more than a one game suspension>> I think he should get 3 to 5 games minimum.
The whole racism accusation is completely false and a last ditch effort to minimize his punishment. It appears that Garrett is going to lose a lot more money than he first realized.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I was truly shocked to see the Jets completely stomp on the Raiders the way they did :eek: . I must admit that Darnold is a much better QB than I gave him credit for. I picked the Raiders because they had been doing really well in the past month. It was as though they were in a coma today :(

Watching the Cowboys vs Patriots and it's ugly. With the talent that Dallas has on that team and to watch them under-achieve they way they've been doing in the past two months is truly painful :( Jason Garrett needs to be shown the door ASAP :mad:

Well The Chiefs get a well deserved break. They have Oakland here at ARROWHEAD stadium next week. I predict whoever wins that game will win the AFC West division. It's time for the Chiefs to get off of their rear end.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Saints-Panthers was utterly WILD
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:32 pm
Saints-Panthers was utterly WILD
That was a good one. I was surprised at how long the Panthers stayed with them throughout the game. I had picked the Saints to win but it was a whole lot closer than I ever imagined.

Again that Raiders vs Jets game was truly a shocker. I hope the Chiefs can handle them that easy next week here at ARROWHEAD stadium.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Is this the same Green Bay Packer's team I've been watching all season long???? I can't hardly believe how the niners have just steamrolled them this evening :eek:

I hate being redundant but this is by far the worst year I can ever remember that these football games are so unpredictable and virtually impossible to predict. And look at how many players just seem to be flipping out and losing their cool.

I never remember a year in which back-up and rookie QBs are truly stealing the show like they are this year.

But aside from all of that why the Cowboys don't just go ahead and fire Jason Garrett just confuses me to no end. This guy is truly a terrible head coach. With all the super talent on that team and the mediocre year they are having is completely inexcusable IMO.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well C'mon Folks!!! who else here thinks that Jason Garrett needs to be fired already???? It is an absolute disgrace with all the talent the Dallas Cowboys have and they can't win a game this year from a team with a winning record. He's a nice guy and I still think he could be a decent coordinator ( offense) but he's just got to go :mad: He should have been fired 3 years ago IMO :mad:
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I watched a Detroit Lions game the other day looking to see where the problems are at. They began the year playing tough with the defense underachieving. Now they have 2 or 3 guys playing hard and the remainder going through the motion. I saw times where veteran players out of position. 3 nose tackles with no one setting the edge. Almost no pass rush at all and the coach isn't throwing in much blitzing to help. It was pretty sad.

Matt Stafford being out is not the biggest issue with that team. With a supposed defensive prodigy coaching the team I'd expect more effort from the defense. I haven't seen such lethargic uncaring play since the Lions went 0-16.

Joe, the Cowboys, Rams and even K.C. Chiefs just aren't that good this year. Firing head coaches usually means 2 or 3 years of rebuild. Until they have a better coach and system ready to hire they should keep doing what they are doing IMO. When the players refuse to play hard for a coach that is when it's time to just fire someone midseason with no real replacement ready to step in. None of the 3 above teams are just rolling over so time should be taken to do it right IMO.

Joe
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Lamar Jackson is incredible...enough said!

Ravens/49ers this week, definitely a possible Super Bowl game down the road!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:05 am
Oh, and Rick!
I've had time to watch the replays about a dozen times. I've had time to really think it over from both player's perspectives. And regardless what might have been said there was no justification what so ever for what Myles Garrett did in that Thursday Night game between the Steelers and Browns.
I think that Garrett should be suspended for the remainder of this year and at least 6 to 8 games into the 2020 season. It should send a message to all other players that if you attack another player with a makeshift weapon you even risk getting ejected from the league.

I totally agree with MAC that Garrett made up ( fabricated) that lame/false "racial" excuse as a way to circumvent his punishment. Case Closed as far as I'm concerned.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I missed the Browns game. Did they beat anyone up this week?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:03 am
I missed the Browns game. Did they beat anyone up this week?
No the Browns handled the lowly Miami Dolfins team with ease. Mayfield looked good in that game in the short time I watched it. But the Browns are going to really hurt without Myles Garrett who was one of their key defensive players. Doubtful that the Browns will have any playoff aspirations this year. And that Brown's coach Freddy Kitchens has just got to go IMO. Maybe Kitchens and Jason Garrett both can get employment in the new XFL league :rolleyes:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:34 am
A racial slur is no excuse to try and kill or maim someone. Plus his own teammates dispute his story. He needs to go...for good.
Not only that I'm 999% sure that Garrett made all of that "racial slur" accusation up the night before his meeting with the NFL officials. An entire week went by without any mention of it which shows me that it was all made up. Because if that would have been the truth he would have come forth with that information immediately. But we didn't even hear a peep about it until he met with league officials almost a week later :rolleyes: Yeah Right :rolleyes:

Myles Garrett is in desperation mode because he's now realizing how much money he's going to lose as a result of this incident. And it's going to be a big wad of cash before this is all over. He's probably got Mt. Everest sized house payments, car payments and maybe even 5 digit child support payments as many of those Pro athletes tend to have. Almost all of them Pro athletes even with their colossal salaries usually live far beyond their means. And sad to say many of them end up broke within 5 years after their sports career is over.

It's nothing but a desperation move I'm sure of it.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I wish I could have that much money and be that dumb. Here I am just poor and dumb. 🤣
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 am
I wish I could have that much money and be that dumb. Here I am just poor and dumb. 🤣
Don't feel bad sister because I'm still clawing my way back from a financial calamity. But you do make a great point>> because there just really isn't any cure for bad decisions. Myles Garrett is going to regret this for many years to come I'm sure of it. He better hope he's got a long career and can get into broadcasting after his football days are long gone.

When these guys get more money than most of them even knew existed they tend to get into a false paradigm to where they think nothing can hurt them and that they are bullet proof from life's potential pitfalls. Like I said it would shock many people if they knew how many of these guys are going to be broke within just a few years. I never would have believed Scotty Pippen would have ended up broke but he did :(
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A racial slur is not a good excuse for assault or attempted murder.

Of course I am Irish, we have thick skin. You could call me a bog trotting mick and I would probably just buy you a beer. Cheers!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:24 am
A racial slur is not a good excuse for assault or attempted murder.

Of course I am Irish, we have thick skin. You could call me a bog trotting mick and I would probably just buy you a beer. Cheers!
That's a great point BFK and one we all should think deeply about. You're always going to come out ahead by being a peacemaker rather than by being a hot headed jerk. I wish I would have had that attitude when I was in my teen years :rolleyes: . I would have sure been in a lot less fights that way :o .

In most cases violence is not a result of "wisdom">> but rather the result of being ruled by bad emotions instead. Barring Self Defense of course.

Again the fact that he didn't even mention it until a week later just stinks to me. :mad: