FOMO or No?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
James Y

Re: FOMO or No?

Post by James Y »

mikey177 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:16 pm

I agree with David that it's okay to feel disappointed if I miss out on a model that really appeals to me. After all, without the pursuit of healthy desires and passions, life can become a dull, burdensome chore.

We all approach this hobby from different perspectives, whether we have FOMO or not, and that's a good thing.

Of course, we all have disappointment at times when we miss out on something we wanted.

I will say that it is possible to pursue healthy desires and passionate interests without having FOMO. Just speaking for myself, while my interests are many and varied, I no longer have FOMO with any of them. And for me, it's very freeing to not have it. Again, speaking for myself, FOMO introduces unwanted stress and anxiety into a hobby that should be a source of enjoyment.

Jim
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Re: FOMO or No?

Post by apollo »

I do not really have fear of missing out. Fear is for life treatening stuff not buying knives.
I do have however another form named fbmo.
Namely Frustration by missing out.
By this i mean all the amazing Manixes that have bin made as exclusives for US only shops. And before people here get angry the frustration part is not that spyderco does this practise... the frustration part is because spyderco does not learn from this!!!
My example multiple Manix 2 XL's sell out as an exclusive in mear hours.... still where is Spyderco with a world wide XL sprint run ? And then my biggest frustration the colors. Oow god the colors. So much beautiful colors in exclusives and what does spyderco use for it self? Burned orange and grey ?? Common a little effort for the thousands of buyers acros the world would be welcome!

Sorry for my rant and i do not want to start anything negative here but its a fact spyderco could do better in this manor. They know how to make amazingly good selling sprints thanks to the exclusives branch but they do not use the learned lessons to improve there global sprint runs.

And that is my fomo.