YoJimbo 2 on The Way !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ned

Post by Ned »

TheFactor wrote:BIG SMILE !!!!
Now I just need to get home :D somebody pinch me I must be dreaming !

"Your item was delivered at 9:24 am on May 7, 2014 "
Pictures?
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

TheFactor wrote:That's to funny that's exactly what I'm feeling like and sounded like :o
Lol, oh, I know all too well. And like I said, there was ZERO letdown on Christmas morning. The yojimbo barely left my hand for a week!
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Ned wrote:Pictures?
As soon as I get home and get that bad boy in hand !
Oh and After a few flicks of the wrist of course :D
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Surfingringo wrote:Lol, oh, I know all too well. And like I said, there was ZERO letdown on Christmas morning. The yojimbo barely left my hand for a week!
LoL Oh what a feeling !
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

TheFactor wrote:As soon as I get home and get that bad boy in hand !
Oh and After a few flicks of the wrist of course :D
Fwiw, I'll give you my two cents on opening the yo2. Normally if I am fast opening (flicking) a spyderco with my thumb, I put my nail in and do the "marble shot". You can do this on the yojimbo, however, the occluded spyderhole makes this not the best technique. The easiest way to open the yojimbo 2 quickly (for me) is to use the pad of the thumb. Put a little bit of pressure on the detent then just push forward and this thing will come flying out! It's a little different technique than what I do with my pm2. Took me a couple of hours to get used to it, but works awesome. I dunno, just my experience. Play around and you'll figure out what works best for you.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Surfingringo wrote:Fwiw, I'll give you my two cents on opening the yo2. Normally if I am fast opening (flicking) a spyderco with my thumb, I put my nail in and do the "marble shot". You can do this on the yojimbo, however, the occluded spyderhole makes this not the best technique. The easiest way to open the yojimbo 2 quickly (for me) is to use the pad of the thumb. Put a little bit of pressure on the detent then just push forward and this thing will come flying out! It's a little different technique than what I do with my pm2. Took me a couple of hours to get used to it, but works awesome. I dunno, just my experience. Play around and you'll figure out what works best for you.
Thanks much for the advise , I'll give that a try I know my Pm2 snaps open pretty effortlessly but I can see how it would need a little different technique with the Yo2 . Thanks again I'm sure your tips will help a great deal .
remnar

Post by remnar »

This thread reminds me that I have been neglecting my yo2. It isn't even in my EDC drawer :eek: . I don't know what happened. When I got the yo2, I found it to be a frighteningly amazing yet peculiar looking knife. In other words, I loved it. Maybe I just have too many knives to choose from. Oh what blasphemy I speak. :D I think it's time to move it back into the rotation.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Yes you need to start bringing it back for your EDC in honor of me receiving mine "if I ever get home " to retrieve it lol .
As a matter of fact everyone should carry theirs for the next few weeks :D
remnar

Post by remnar »

TheFactor wrote:Yes you need to start bringing it back for your EDC in honor of me receiving mine "if I ever get home " to retrieve it lol .
As a matter of fact everyone should carry theirs for the next few weeks :D
In honor of you, I just put it in my pocket. :D
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

remnar wrote:In honor of you, I just put it in my pocket. :D
Nice !!!! Why Thank you :D
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Well I Just got home and I found this in my mail box ? Hmmm what could it be ?
Think I'll open it after dinner and find out :p
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

You're killing me Smalls...
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

senorsquare wrote:You're killing me Smalls...
No worries it's a quick pizza dinner lol
remnar

Post by remnar »

Do you need a knife to help open that mystery package? I've got a really good one in my pocket :D
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

remnar wrote:Do you need a knife to help open that mystery package? I've got a really good one in my pocket :D
LOL the package has been opened !
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Well I'm speechless it's exceeded my expectations what a beautiful knife !
It really fits my hand nicely and feels very natural she's a little tight but not bad I'm not having any problem opening with my index finger or thumb but a little wrist flick is necessary . May need a little lube and just a little break in and it'll be perfect . I'm actually very happy the way it is and anything else will just be a plus . I love this Yo2 what a beauty!
I'll post a few pictures for you guys and gals even though I know you've seen them you haven't seen mine :D
A lot of thought went into the design of this baby and it's very evident .
Couldn't be happier and proud to have it in my modest but growing Spyderco collection .
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Surfingringo wrote:This is the best thing about this little hobby. That a grown man can get this excited over a pocket knife! Like a kid at Christmas time! :D
Yup, I guess we're grown... chronologically at least :eek:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

TheFactor wrote:Well I'm speechless it's exceeded my expectations what a beautiful knife !
It really fits my hand nicely and feels very natural she's a little tight but not bad I'm not having any problem opening with my index finger or thumb but a little wrist flick is necessary . May need a little lube and just a little break in and it'll be perfect . I'm actually very happy the way it is and anything else will just be a plus . I love this Yo2 what a beauty!
I'll post a few pictures for you guys and gals even though I know you've seen them you haven't seen mine :D
A lot of thought went into the design of this baby and it's very evident .
Couldn't be happier and proud to have it in my modest but growing Spyderco collection .
For me, it opens easiest with a flick of the middle finger tip. The blade snaps out really quickly. But, if you want to avoid fast flicking, I use the thumb pad push like Gringo. No wrist flick necessary, just a little extra downward pressure to free the blade and a forward push.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

DougC-3 wrote:For me, it opens easiest with a flick of the middle finger tip. The blade snaps out really quickly. But, if you want to avoid fast flicking, I use the thumb pad push like Gringo. No wrist flick necessary, just a little extra downward pressure to free the blade and a forward push.
Thanks,Its pretty user friendly haven't tried the gringo way yet or middle finger flip lol.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

ImageImageImage