Alternative to Zip Ties

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

shimage wrote:The Doctor said "when SHTF", which reminded me of a story my violin teacher told me about Jascha Heifetz when I was a child. According to my teacher, Heifetz claimed that anyone, regardless of their ability, could only perform at 80% once on stage. So then, how did Heifetz manage to hit the most difficult sections perfectly on stage, time after time? His solution to this problem was to be at 120% before stepping on stage. That may have worked for Heifetz, but mere mortals like us must make due with a greatly increased rate of unforced errors.

IMO, if person ever misses a deployment at all when they are practicing, they should consider themselves lucky to get a successful deployment "when SHTF".
+1....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Blerv wrote: Problem is I can't say "EDC" without laughing and wearing camo in an urban situation while trying to act serious is nearly impossible.
It's just like waving, practice makes perfect.

Daily drill.

10 times say "EDC" slow and perfect
10 times say "EDC" as fast as you can

You're welcome. :D ;) :D
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:It's just like waving, practice makes perfect.

Daily drill.

ROFL. Say it that much and you might end up in Narnia or being chased by an evil spirit. :p
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:It's just like waving, practice makes perfect.

Daily drill.

LMAO...Doc :eek: :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
knkali

Post by knkali »

tried something different while waiting for my kydex sheet to arrive. I took a belt hook off the SERPA holster I had and used plastic fix to attach it to the knife, Not as nice as the mod before but much more durable. The other broke when the knife hit the floor. This wont. Works as well as the previous mod too.

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

knkali wrote:tried something different while waiting for my kydex sheet to arrive. I took a belt hook off the SERPA holster I had and used plastic fix to attach it to the knife, Not as nice as the mod before but much more durable. The other broke when the knife hit the floor. This wont. Works as well as the previous mod too.

Hhmmm, the things we do....
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

More theorycrafting ( :) )...

Flat spines knives or upswept ones seem to work much better than positive arcs (hawkbills) or severe drop-points. Another reason the Emerson Spyderco Delica/Endura rocks. The P'kal has a very aggressive wave that clears the arc. Smooth handles seem to leave the pocket quicker and accelerate the wave action of even a crappy zip-tie.

Some of the best waved Spydies I've seen are my bro's FRN Stretch and Kerambit. The later of which never fails to open in that method.

While I'm sure zipping a Spyderhawk is possible it wasn't as reliable in my experience. When reliability is the goal I'd rather pick a different knife.