Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:51 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:20 pm
Fireman wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:47 pm
https://www.teepublic.com/
this place people can order their own shirts once the art has been submitted. Dr Larrin used this one.
I want a monty python inspired one.
0008:has spoken ! Who wants to advance this idea of grandeur ? I have some suggestions to throw out there MNOSD is a given . Established 2021 ? Honor our founder of the Order , 0001 ? Monty Python theme is ok with me , but is everyone on board with this idea ? I really don’t want to disappoint anyone so everyone has a voice on this subject before we move forward . Maybe we can set up a poll ? Regards , 0002
I think a simple M.N.O.S.D. (maybe # underneath) on the left front and Logo on the back. No other indication of what it is. If you know you know kinda thing. Maybe a motto or saying under the back logo.

I really like it , my main worry though would the Spyderco trademark on blade be an infringement ? I certainly don’t want to upset anyone if we move forward . So the member number can be changed for each member ? I like the clean simple look . We need more member input ! More examples ! Where is that pesky 0008 and and the guy who has the fastest Citroen in France ! I’m under a lot of pressure , and my cat is mad at me ! 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I just had a thought ! 0008 wants a Monty Python theme . So instead of member number below initials on the front just two words that says it all - General Direction ! 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Yeah permission would definitely be better just in case. Obviously we would not be selling these. Each member would be responsible for obtaining their own, though I do like 0008's idea of submitting the design to a website and letting everyone just order their own. Hopefully, the number could be customized for each order.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Easy enough for me to remove the spyder and the words at the base of the blade but I dunno if that would be acceptable to the good folks at Spyderco. I also think we could do better than my silly logo; I did that at warp speed and didn't pay too much attention to design. (That was back in the day when the order contained but three of us.) BUT: that logo does go to the very beginning of our long tradition, spanning weeks, so there's that.

And now for something completely different.

Very rarely I will wake myself up from sleep, laughing at a dream. Happened last night. Told myself to remember it. Half the time when I wake up, what I dreamed was not funny, but this is still working for me. It was the following tag line:

I FILL MY DRAWERS
...with Spyderco knives!

I dunno, is that funny or just potty humor? Not sure.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Hee hee hee. That is funny!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

So here is a link to the "Olde Logo" without spider or blade printing in PDF, which should be resolution independent, right? Save a copy for yourself and blow it up to any size, I think? The original was done in Illustrator but not many people have that program.

Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:00 am
Easy enough for me to remove the spyder and the words at the base of the blade but I dunno if that would be acceptable to the good folks at Spyderco. I also think we could do better than my silly logo; I did that at warp speed and didn't pay too much attention to design. (That was back in the day when the order contained but three of us.) BUT: that logo does go to the very beginning of our long tradition, spanning weeks, so there's that.

And now for something completely different.

Very rarely I will wake myself up from sleep, laughing at a dream. Happened last night. Told myself to remember it. Half the time when I wake up, what I dreamed was not funny, but this is still working for me. It was the following tag line:

I FILL MY DRAWERS
...with Spyderco knives!

I dunno, is that funny or just potty humor? Not sure.
FUNNY ! Last night I dreamed of a FRN Lil Temperance and it wouldn’t open up to order ! As far as the logo is concerned we are constantly evolving here so no reason not to throw out something completely different ! Ha ! Let’s take our time this is all good brainstorming. Thanks 0005 for posting pics , really helps . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:41 am
Yeah permission would definitely be better just in case. Obviously we would not be selling these. Each member would be responsible for obtaining their own, though I do like 0008's idea of submitting the design to a website and letting everyone just order their own. Hopefully, the number could be customized for each order.
I'd be all for this!
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Could we add under established 2021 by JRinFL ? I really think he should be recognized. Just a thought . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Alternates below. Looks like imgbb converts pdfs to jpgs on upload. Note homage to JRinFL at base of blade.

Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Alternate Design. More mysterious, as it doesn't identify the group. Could be a biker gang, or an assassin's guild, or.., or... a group of sock drawer collectors! Would you believe, I don't even own a Millie?!?! But I think it's one of Spyderco's most iconic blade shapes.

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:35 pm
Alternate Design. More mysterious, as it doesn't identify the group. Could be a biker gang, or an assassin's guild, or.., or... a group of sock drawer collectors! Would you believe, I don't even own a Millie?!?! But I think it's one of Spyderco's most iconic blade shapes.

Wow, I love this one.

Thanks Bolster and thanks to everyone else for giving life to this craziness! :bug-red-white
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I like them all ! They are awesome ! Let’s see if anyone else has something to share and then set up a poll ? Everyone put on their thinking hats and let’s discuss. Adding 0001 is fantastic. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:35 pm

Wow Bolster! That is really great! I like it. Looks more official.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Only problem is, I'll need to talk to my artist about converting the large tattoo I already got across my back. :disappointed
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:01 pm
Only problem is, I'll need to talk to my artist about converting the large tattoo I already got across my back. :disappointed

Oh, not to worry. Any decent inker can convert those boobs into knife blades. You'll be fine.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:21 pm
JSumm wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:01 pm

Oh, not to worry. Any decent inker can convert those boobs into knife blades. You'll be fine.
Excuse me. It is a large cross, that I converted to the original MNOSD Logo, that I now have an appointment to convert again.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

The blades being wings is my favorite so far !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I like that winged sock!
We may have to get more stringent on membership. Start as a pledge or something before getting your wings. Need to come up with some hazing rules.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.