Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fireman wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:29 pm
A Roc or a Smock in your sock
An Endella in your umbrella
A dragonfly on your tie
A Spydiechef in your neckerchief
A Police in your Fleece
An Astute in your boot
An Urban in your turban
A Zoomer in your bloomer
And last but not least, a Cat in your hat.
You have way to many responsibilities to be our poet laureate ! Nice try . Zoomer in your bloomer ? Only you could come up with that one , hilarious! 0002
Last edited by Manixguy@1994 on Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

:rofl Is that a Zoomer in your bloomer or are you just happy to see me?
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:49 am
This is exactly like what I would buy ! Wow ! That is awesome this is a whole new level of serious proposal . 0002 . Thank you !

I'm sorry 0002, I feel I've let you and the order down. I was accidentally serious with the illustration. It won't happen again, I promise. I know how the order feels about unnecessary & gratuitous seriousness. I dunno if DT would actually agree to replace their logo with the Spyder Logo, but...I bet you could get either Josh or Fullscaler to PRINT you a sock like this. On orders, the mockup has been posted to the main discussion board.

Fireman, I see you've been visited by the muses...again! Y'all keep on bustin dem rhymes!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

I think I'd make a great member of the MNOSD! My whole collection never leaves the sock drawer in fear of actually being used! I live in a very cold climate and I'm now able to wear long John's and wool socks which my knife collection loves!
Please consider my humble application
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fireman wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:04 pm
:rofl Is that a Zoomer in your bloomer or are you just happy to see me?
Wow a Mae West line parody ! I wonder how many actually know the origin . That’s a good one ! MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:36 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:49 am
This is exactly like what I would buy ! Wow ! That is awesome this is a whole new level of serious proposal . 0002 . Thank you !

I'm sorry 0002, I feel I've let you and the order down. I was accidentally serious with the illustration. It won't happen again, I promise. I know how the order feels about unnecessary & gratuitous seriousness. I dunno if DT would actually agree to replace their logo with the Spyder Logo, but...I bet you could get either Josh or Fullscaler to PRINT you a sock like this. On orders, the mockup has been posted to the main discussion board.

Fireman, I see you've been visited by the muses...again! Y'all keep on bustin dem rhymes!
Hey buddy , in all seriousness I really think your idea really is great . There have been some pretty cool ideas come up here that I think have a lot of merit . Hats off to everyone ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:36 am
Bolster wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:18 pm
The SpyderSoc. I'd wear it.
Yeah that is a winner! Each year I will buy one pair of Darn Tough Socks to slowly replace my sock drawer.
Hi 0005 , some guy named Spyderline needs a number , he seems legit . Just give him the standard test , not the hard one ! We don’t want to scare him off ! Thank you , 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SpyderLine wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:16 am
I think I'd make a great member of the MNOSD! My whole collection never leaves the sock drawer in fear of actually being used! I live in a very cold climate and I'm now able to wear long John's and wool socks which my knife collection loves!
0005 will contact you with a number shortly . Best thing I can tell you be nice to him and he accepts gratuity in the form of Tacoma parts .Welcome aboard ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

To the Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer: Hello. My sock drawer is full of Darn Tough socks. And, of course, Spyderco knives. Hereby do I request admittance to this most strange and noble order.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:31 am
JSumm wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:36 am
Bolster wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:18 pm
The SpyderSoc. I'd wear it.
Yeah that is a winner! Each year I will buy one pair of Darn Tough Socks to slowly replace my sock drawer.
Hi 0005 , some guy named Spyderline needs a number , he seems legit . Just give him the standard test , not the hard one ! We don’t want to scare him off ! Thank you , 0002
Standard test applied. He did well.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

SpyderLine wrote:
Your application went through processing. You are officially #0034.

May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Wandering_About wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:31 am
To the Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer: Hello. My sock drawer is full of Darn Tough socks. And, of course, Spyderco knives. Hereby do I request admittance to this most strange and noble order.
Welcome to the MNOSD. You are officially member #0035.

- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:35 am
SpyderLine wrote:
0005 will contact you with a number shortly . Best thing I can tell you be nice to him and he accepts gratuity in the form of Tacoma parts .Welcome aboard ! 0002
That is correct 0002. I gladly take any slightly used or new Tacoma parts. Also, I gladly accept Darn Tough Socks. 1 sock is great. I understand a pair is quite costly, and maybe more than a Tacoma part.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI have come up with an idea ( I know it’s dangerous) what about making custom stickers once we reach milestone of 50 members ? I’m even thinking about custom T-shirts or hats that could be worn at events where we might be at same time and be identifiable. I thought stickers would be nice for those who throw up stickers in there man cave . Many options to explore . On a side note , job well done 0005 . I’m have been wondering how many countries and states are represented here ? 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:07 am
ImageI have come up with an idea ( I know it’s dangerous) what about making custom stickers once we reach milestone of 50 members ? I’m even thinking about custom T-shirts or hats that could be worn at events where we might be at same time and be identifiable. I thought stickers would be nice for those who throw up stickers in there man cave . Many options to explore . On a side note , job well done 0005 . I’m have been wondering how many countries and states are represented here ? 0002
I for one love this idea.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:21 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I for one love this idea.
This is just a mock up , there are tons of different designs, shapes , colors , and lettering. I just played with it to show an example . I didn’t realize what was out there until I googled , this is only one of many companies. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
This is an awesome idea. My wife and I talked about this possibility a couple of weeks ago but thought the T-shirts might be a bit difficult as far as payment or returns go. I didn’t think about stickers and hats. I think it’s a great idea and would do away with some of the headache that might come with sizing issues with something like shirts. I really like logo that Bolster posted on the first page of this thread. My wife also mentioned something like a flight tag/keychain with MNOSD would be cool. Similar to the ones that come from Cutlery Shoppe.
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:02 am
Wandering_About wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:31 am
Welcome to the MNOSD. You are officially member #0035.

Many thanks!
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:56 am
SpyderLine wrote:
Your application went through processing. You are officially #0034.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Attachments
20220102_111604_compress25.jpg
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I'm in with the stickers / t-shirts idea !
Make it a white shirt with this logo and I'll even teach school with it :nerd
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds