Finally found my Grail Spydie!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
amateur blacksmith

Re: Finally found my Grail Spydie!

Post by amateur blacksmith »

Maremmen Jager wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:18 am
Congrats Apollo!
It is always an amazing pleasure to find our grails.

My grails are the old Phil Wilson version fixed hunting knife, especially the smaller one the Sprig.

At the time, problem was the same of your I was at school/university, and I lacked of fund.
Now they are quite impossible to find, or their price is similar to a high-end custom knife.

[I posted some time back about interest in a Sprig re-run. Interest was quite strong. I think Phil Wilson and Sal posted on the thread too. The vibe was positive and I felt like it was a possibility. Do a search and refresh the thread. I might even bump it myself. ]
JBoone

Re: Finally found my Grail Spydie!

Post by JBoone »

standy99 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:31 am
A PM2 in M4 was it for me…being a Aussie it was always missed or dealers wouldn’t ship to Australia in the day..(yes 2018 it was hard to get knives from nearly all dealers except BHQ or Knifecenter)
Wasn’t playing EBay double prices and had the GB1 already so time could pass by…

Then finally in 2018

Not a huge grail but it was what I wanted for a bit….Don’t really have grails

More a wanted for a bit….

A real Grail would be a EDC Spyderco M4 fixed blade……so doesn’t exist is more a grail to me
I bought the CF M4 and liked it so much I bought a back up in case I lose the first one.