SHOT Show 2016 Videos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Joshua J.

Re: SHOT Show 2016 Videos

Post by Joshua J. »

Blurple!
Now I have to get that Millie.
It's been a while since I've owned a Military, and the steel is right.
(Funny, when I Google "Spyderco Millie" it doesn't even offer a correction.)
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

I always kind of viewed the sage series as the baby brother to the para, just for aesthetics and size. Won't the sage with compression look similar to the PM3?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JerryIsAlive wrote:I always kind of viewed the sage series as the baby brother to the para, just for aesthetics and size. Won't the sage with compression look similar to the PM3?
I was wondering about that too. Also the Shaman.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
darr3n

Post by darr3n »

JerryIsAlive wrote:I always kind of viewed the sage series as the baby brother to the para, just for aesthetics and size. Won't the sage with compression look similar to the PM3?
Aesthetically, I don't think they look similar. However, having handled both prototypes at Blade Show, there are close in size. It makes me wonder if changing the Sage's scales to carbon fiber (they were G10 on the proto) is meant to further distinguish it from the Minuteman (PM3)? Maybe all protos get g10 scales, I don't know. I would have liked to have seen G10 on the production Sage 5.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

My pick.. Patada, Lil Lum, Sage 5!! I hope they come in under my 150.00 self imposed limit!!
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Spydergirl88 wrote:On Spydercos Facebook there is a comment on the post about shot show and there's a guy that posted they are showing the pm3 but no videos or pics allowed
That would indicate it is still in the concept model or production prototype phase. I hope it turns up at the Amsterdam Meet and in front my eyes, and lens! :D
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:On Spydercos Facebook there is a comment on the post about shot show and there's a guy that posted they are showing the pm3 but no videos or pics allowed
That would indicate it is still in the concept model or production prototype phase. I hope it turns up at the Amsterdam Meet and in front my eyes, and lens! :D
Looking forward to your posts on your website as always :)
Spydergirl88
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Being a life long Michigan man I was instantly attracted to the Ouroboros. It's such a cool, unique design. I'm in on one for sure.

I really like the new Rubicon. It's a knife I would buy and carry, unlike the original. Between the new Rubicon and the Mamba I don't know which one I want to fulfill my exotic flipper needs.

I'm interested in the Pattada because I have quickly become a Spydie collector, and I need an Italian made knife from them. This one looks like a good candidate.

I'll pass on the new Sage. There are just to many other knives I want, and not enough money or days in the week to carry em all.

Oh and sign me up for a blurple Manix as well :)
pmek5

Post by pmek5 »

They better make a lot of the Sage 5. I think that will do very well.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Knifenews mentioned a production prototype of the Gayle Bradley Tac 1 flipper!

No pictures allowed, but this is great news.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:The Sage 5 and Ouroboros look awesome!
Oooooh, you've got that right. :D Very exciting stuff!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Also, it *appears* that the SnapIt Salt is screw-together vs. pinned--which is awesome. (Check out about 3:00 to 3:40). I tried to zoom in on this to confirm, but it was too fuzzy.

Love that Lil' Lum too! :D :D

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

SpyderNut wrote:Also, it *appears* that the SnapIt Salt is screw-together vs. pinned--which is awesome. (Check out about 3:00 to 3:40). I tried to zoom in on this to confirm, but it was too fuzzy.

If so that's pretty sweet.
Spydergirl88
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Also, it *appears* that the SnapIt Salt is screw-together vs. pinned--which is awesome. (Check out about 3:00 to 3:40). I tried to zoom in on this to confirm, but it was too fuzzy.

If so that's pretty sweet.
I know, right? I will buy at least one regardless, but screw-together would be the berries. :D

PanChango

Post by PanChango »

Wow a lot of nice kit.

It's a shame the baby Lum doesn't have the wire clip.
pc87

Post by pc87 »

Mr Blonde wrote:
I think your right which means we may not see the PM3 till next year, oh well. Looking forward to your awesome photo skills at Amsterdam. Please get extra of this knife and the shaman. Those two I will have to get.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Just watched again, took a closer look at the Vrango which is one I've been anticipating since it was first announced. Noticed a large scratch on the presentation side while watching, I'm thinking this one will be pretty hard to keep from getting all scratched up if carried much, which is a bummer because I still really like the looks of it.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

I have zero practical use for the Mamba except to whip that sucker out and enjoy watching people's reaction to it. Definitely going to get one.
timlara

Post by timlara »

YES! Eric saved the best for last! Sage 5 is a home run! :D

Pattada also looks really nice.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

jimmyjohnjohn wrote:I have zero practical use for the Mamba except to whip that sucker out and enjoy watching people's reaction to it. Definitely going to get one.
I appreciate those honest words :D
That was about the sole purpose of my Cold Steel Espada Large too :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.