Best Looking Spydercos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CAMAROMAN

Post by CAMAROMAN »

The Lum Chinese and Sage 4
:spyder: Laci Szabo, Military (digital camo), Navaja,Centofante 3 , Persian 2,Lum Chinese, Ladybug ZDP, Tasman Salt, Native,Viele, Spin, Persistance, Dragonfly, Manix 2, Pingo, Impala, T-mag

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man" - old Nordic proverb
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

SpyKer
Phoenix
Southard
Techno
gah idk hahaha
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I fell in love with the Caly 3 damascus.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
indie_dave

Post by indie_dave »

jnichols2 wrote:To start off, I don't really see most of the Spyderco line as being all that good looking.

It's just that their beauty is in their fit and purpose, rather than form.
Sorry, but I'd like to disagree. Current production models look FANTASTIC: Stealth Chaparral, LionSpy, Szabo, Gayle Bradley Air, PHIL WILSON SOUTHFORK (drool), the list just keeps going.

I do agree with you tho on functional beauty -- my all time favorite most beautiful-looking Spydies are the orange-frn ASSIST and the Jumpmaster. Somewhere along the lines, I conflate the categories such that "best-looking" = "beautiful" = "precious" = "valuable" = "most useful"... and therefore because my LionSpy is too pretty to use, it drops DOWN my list of "beautiful" knives D:

We've seen Sal quoted saying a tractor doesn't need to look like a Ferrari?

great thread, thanks for the bump!
·EDC·ChapparralGBAirPara2LionSpyBalance·Gave:^)·AssistJumpmasterPacificSaltSaverSaltLumTantoDelica·Wish·StarmateSouthforkATRSaltDflyKumoBarongKhukri·LosT_T·Para2Cricket
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Wolverine666 wrote:Which do you consider to be the best looking Spydercos ? Some people are actually turned off by the big trademark Spyderco hole. But I could never use a folder without it. I'm just conditioned to rely on the hole instead of (cringe) thumb studs to quickly deploy the blade. And I find any folder without a big hole to look strange.
I hated the hole too but since I didn't use knives I had no idea how genius it was. Now its the symbol of ease to me. As far as best looking, thats a tough one... I'd say a Ti Millie but I always say that. It is sexy though.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'm partial to the original C16 micarta Goddard (I didn't have any good photos handy, so I borrowed a couple from a previous post by BuglerBilly).

TedP

jon1all

Post by jon1all »

Para Military2 in digicam with DLC blade. Perfection.
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
bh49

Post by bh49 »

phillipsted wrote:I'm partial to the original C16 micarta Goddard (I didn't have any good photos handy, so I borrowed a couple from a previous post by BuglerBilly).
TedP
It certainly looks good. I always wanted this knife in PE, but never found at decent price. I am not so sure new sprint. As much as I love FFG blades, there are some, which I like in hollow grind much more: Persians, Adventura, Dodo, Spyker and of cause Goddard. Not crazy about OG handle either.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

Caly 3 Damascus, Carbon Fiber Dodo and Kopa Giraffe Bone are the ones that look the best to me. Some customized Mules may trump them all, however.
Recent :spyder: Additions: Stretch CF ZDP, Caly 3 Super Blue, Gayle Bradley, PM2 M390, PM2 CTS-XHP, Cat CF, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, MT17, Native 5 S110V
In the Crosshairs: Stretch Super Blue, Manix 2 S90V
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bh49 wrote:It certainly looks good. I always wanted this knife in PE, but never found at decent price. I am not so sure new sprint. As much as I love FFG blades, there are some, which I like in hollow grind much more: Persians, Adventura, Dodo, Spyker and of cause Goddard. Not crazy about OG handle either.
Me too, but I finally resigned myself to the fact that, like Bigfoot and UFOs, the PE micarta C16 Goddard does not exist, despite occasional unsubstantiated "sightings". To date, only the black and grey FRN versions of the C16, and the micarta C18 Goddard Jr, have been offered in PE.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

C42 Viele
Phoenix
Lum Chinese
Persian
PPT (would look even better with a 2 color G10)
Southard
Military and Para Military
Lil'Temp
Pinetreebbs

All of Them and Especially These

Post by Pinetreebbs »

My favorites Spydercos are:

25th Anniversary Delica

Spyderco Jess Horn – C27

Ed Schempp's Kris

Spyderco Tim Zowada – C56

And, anything in CF and Ironwood :)
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

The Deacon wrote:Me too, but I finally resigned myself to the fact that, like Bigfoot and UFOs, the PE micarta C16 Goddard does not exist, despite occasional unsubstantiated "sightings". To date, only the black and grey FRN versions of the C16, and the micarta C18 Goddard Jr, have been offered in PE.
Maybe we could do a little surgery and perform a blade swap, Deacon. :D We'd destroy the original pivot pins, but a skilled knifemaker could probably replace them...

Just thinking outside the box here. The C16P is one of my grails as well...

TedP
Irelander

Post by Irelander »

Being pretty new to Spyderco, I'm not familiar with all the varied designs that are offered, but here are my top 4 lookers:

1. Ulize
2. Police models
3. PPT
4. Galye Bradley

I'm sure that will change as I become more familiar with Spyderco.
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

Navaja, Fluted/Regular (mostly fluted) TI Military, all black Paramilitary 2, etc. There are too many to list !!! :)
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Pictures say more then words :D

and so on :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Irelander wrote:Being pretty new to Spyderco, I'm not familiar with all the varied designs that are offered,
I'm sure that will change as I become more familiar with Spyderco.
this can be a good start
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... rs-only%29
thanks to Eric
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I like the looks of this one...

:bug-red-white
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

I have to agree with all those who said the Lum Chinese. The original in scarab beetle green is one of the most elegant knife designs I've ever seen. And, though it's way too big for me as a folder, the fluted Ti Military is pretty darn gorgeous, too.
BD583

Post by BD583 »

Dodo-CF(C80GPCF), Navaja(C147CF), USN Endura4(CP10PSGRWBK), Khukuri(C125), Captain(C111GP), Szabo Folder(C146CFP), Smallfly-blue(B02GPBL), Warrior(FB25BK), Ronin(FB09), Manix2-MoonGlow(C101MP2)