Got my Superleaf today (photos)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wisehybred

Post by Wisehybred »

Donut wrote:First off I will warn you all that I am not a professional photographer or pretend to be. I think the last picture went out of the close range of my normal macro mode.

Manix 2 XHP, Superleaf, Superhawk, Para 1 D2

Superleaf, Superhawk, Para 1 D2 (Out of focus)

Para 1 D2, Superleaf, Superhawk (Out of focus)
I just bought two of the Superhawks. I think they are some of the best knives ive used. The ergos are amazing, and the blade is a perfect shape for most of my EDC tasks. Luckily i got these two on clearence from STP for 94 buckaroos.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Wisehybred wrote:I just bought two of the Superhawks. I think they are some of the best knives ive used. The ergos are amazing, and the blade is a perfect shape for most of my EDC tasks. Luckily i got these two on clearence from STP for 94 buckaroos.
Two superhawks? Dude, that's awesome! :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It might just be that the Para is FFG and tapered but the Superhawk sure does look a lot thicker up at the pivot. I know it's gonna be thicker throughout the majority of the blade but the blade stock looks to be a bit thicker unless it's an illusion.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Donut wrote:First off I will warn you all that I am not a professional photographer or pretend to be. I think the last picture went out of the close range of my normal macro mode.

Manix 2 XHP, Superleaf, Superhawk, Para 1 D2
Awesome pic, answered my question perfectly. That cinches it, I'm going to have to get a SuperLeaf. Thanks a lot !
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
Donut

Post by Donut »

Superhawk is really awesome, Superleaf is really awesome.

If you prefer the low ride wire clip or the other wire clip, people might want to order an extra clip with the knife that doesn't have what you prefer. The Superhawk might seem very big in your pocket with a low ride clip, though. The Superleaf occupies a lot of my pocket with the low ride clip.
Mr Blonde wrote:Awesome pic, answered my question perfectly. That cinches it, I'm going to have to get a SuperLeaf. Thanks a lot !
You're very welcome and thank you.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Wisehybred

Post by Wisehybred »

Evil D wrote:The wire clips are pretty sturdy unless you snag them on something. They also have a tendency to bend instead of breaking when pushed to the limits, unlike the typical hourglass clip that if you bend it too far it'll snap. Plus the wire clip is great for deep inconspicuous carry.
I bent my orange milies pocked clip today on a job, bend it right back right back into shape....love spydercos!!!!