Pissed Pt.2

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Paul D. wrote:Glad you got your knife back! I know I don't post here much, but I do lurk around from time to time.

Daywalker what I'm trying to say is don't hate your former friend for his addiction. I don't know how he got started on Oxy, but if it was prescribed, pity is more appropriate. If he is hooked, he probably was going to sell the knife. He would probably sell himself to get more of this stuff. This doesn't excuse his actions, and he is not to be trusted, but he will have to deal with his conscience when when and if he is able to kick the drug. If he doesn't kick it, his entire life and his family's will more than likely be ruined. The fact that he didn't fess up on the phone was probably due to his conscience fighting his addiction. The fact that he eventually did the right thing means he is still there, somewhere. If he were too far gone he wouldn't have blinked an eye while lying to you.

I'm sorry this is so dang wordy, but it's something I feel very strongly about. Why this drug hasn't been banned outright makes me question our medical establishment. It appears to me to be more addictive than narcotics.

Please don't hate your former friend, but don't trust him either. It's a lose/lose situation for everyone. :(

Paul
Aloha Paul D.!

Mahalo and I remember you...kinda hard for me to forget a "Paul" ;) Good to see you however I wish it were under better conditions. :(

Yes, you are correct in that "he is still in there somewhere", which is why I have mentioned that PITA-Man IS a nice guy. Honestly though, had I not got him on the phone when I did, he'd have sold my Persian for sure! This Oxy thing is being used by a lot of people at the facility...like PITA-Man, a lot of them are abusing it. A little over a year ago, my good friend, a LT. passed away after a major incident in which two of our units were set on fire by the inmates. I have NO doubts that this stress, pain meds, and alcohol were the cause of my LT. dying of a massive heart attack in his sleep. (No, he was prescribed it, as he did suffer many injuries when he soldiered the floor, he did take a LOT of them though, and no, he was not an alcoholic, he celebrated his birthday and died overnight. Lord rest his soul.) The combination of the above took it's toll. Ironically, it was PITA-Man and I who drove together to attend his viewing. :(

No problem on being "wordy", in fact I appreciate it. Wha? The FDA ban Oxy and lose out in million$ of dollar$? I don't see that happening until they come out with a stronger drug under another name. :mad:

No, I don't hate PITA-Man, and he is not a "former" friend. Yet. As I said, it is confusing all of this. I could look at it pragmatically and add it up: He stole, kick his @$$. Period. However, I explained that to KP, so no need to do it again here. I have lost many friendships through such addictions, that's the part that hurts.I hope I work with him tonight...

Anyway, I apologize for being the "wordy one" Paul D. Mahalo for your time, and God bless you sir. :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
slick228

Post by slick228 »

DAYWALKER wrote:" Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure IS, there your heart will be also."- Matthew 6:19-21
You're right, thank you for the kind reminder. I know you'll do the right thing!

:spyder:
Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

You guys are good people. There has been some great advice given to Chad here (plus, he has a great handle on life).

And, like many of us here, I've been given some great knives over my time on the internet. Not many, and not every week, but a precious few, who were given by people that touched my heart with their generosity. The fact that it's not often makes it stick out even more, and reminds us how truly blessed we are to be in touch with such excellent people.

I'm proud to be a part of all this. Thank you all.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Jimd wrote:You guys are good people. There has been some great advice given to Chad here (plus, he has a great handle on life).

And, like many of us here, I've been given some great knives over my time on the internet. Not many, and not every week, but a precious few, who were given by people that touched my heart with their generosity. The fact that it's not often makes it stick out even more, and reminds us how truly blessed we are to be in touch with such excellent people.

I'm proud to be a part of all this. Thank you all.
AMEN Brother!!!

God bless :cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

DAYWALKER wrote:AMEN Brother!!!

God bless :cool:
Well said Jimd,
Chad,
I've been praying for you (and will continue to do so) in this situation.

It must be painful to watch a friend destroy themselves, then pile on the feeling from the betrayal of him stealing from you. Fortunatly, you have the Lord at your side guiding you, as well as the forums "prayer warriors". I'm glad to hear that he is "still in there somewhere" and returned it. You'll know what to do when the time comes.
David
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

ghostrider wrote:Well said Jimd,
Chad,
I've been praying for you (and will continue to do so) in this situation.

It must be painful to watch a friend destroy themselves, then pile on the feeling from the betrayal of him stealing from you. Fortunatly, you have the Lord at your side guiding you, as well as the forums "prayer warriors". I'm glad to hear that he is "still in there somewhere" and returned it. You'll know what to do when the time comes.
David
Aloha ghostrider,

I repeat...Amen!!! Yes, I trust that I have will have the wisdom on what to do *when the time comes*...I have a feeling it's gonna come soon...

God bless, and mahalo :)

Paul D.

Post by Paul D. »

[quote="DAYWALKER"]Aloha Paul D.!

Mahalo and I remember you...kinda hard for me to forget a "Paul" ]

Thanks for the reply. I know you are a good man from reading your posts, and probably knew already what I was rambling on about. I just wanted to make sure people knew how dangerous this drug is. It seems morphine is less addictive than this stuff.

There have been several doctors prosecuted in eastern Kentucky over the last few years for passing these prescriptions out for this stuff like it was candy. Considering the damage they are spreading by doing this I wish they could spend a few years with some of your worst offenders.

I'm just glad you got your knife back, especially one so sentimental. I had an old bolt action .22 that my Dad gave me when I was 7 or so. I left it at a friends house because he had land out in the country where I could shoot and it got stolen along with half the stuff he owned when his house got robbed. The rifle was worth very little, but I would pay a fortune to get it back.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Paul D. wrote:Thanks for the reply. I know you are a good man from reading your posts, and probably knew already what I was rambling on about. I just wanted to make sure people knew how dangerous this drug is. It seems morphine is less addictive than this stuff.

There have been several doctors prosecuted in eastern Kentucky over the last few years for passing these prescriptions out for this stuff like it was candy. Considering the damage they are spreading by doing this I wish they could spend a few years with some of your worst offenders.

I'm just glad you got your knife back, especially one so sentimental. I had an old bolt action .22 that my Dad gave me when I was 7 or so. I left it at a friends house because he had land out in the country where I could shoot and it got stolen along with half the stuff he owned when his house got robbed. The rifle was worth very little, but I would pay a fortune to get it back.
Aloha Paul D.,

Thanks for replying again. I think it is a wide spread thing with these and it is quite easy to obtain. "Doc, I been taking mega doses of Tylenol Extra Strength, but it doesn't help, can you give me something to take away the pain?" SIMPLE.

Mahalo for making it known about these pain killers...hope to see ya around more often.

God bless and take care :cool:

4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Paul D. wrote: Oxycontin (just Oxy from here on out) is an evil drug. Evil. Oxy is one of the only drugs I know of that people get addicted to while taking it as prescribed by a doctor.

I don't know why doctors continue to prescribe such an addictive drug when there are so many pain meds out there. :mad: It speaks to the motives of our drug companies and some doctors IMO.

Why this drug hasn't been banned outright makes me question our medical establishment. It appears to me to be more addictive than narcotics.

Paul
Paul

Neither the drug, the doctors or the drug companies are "evil". Oxycontin is a very effective drug for it's intended purpose - for long lasting treatment of pain. Banning it would take it away from those who need such drugs for treatment of chronic pain.

Many drugs create dependecies, even when taken as prescribed. Oxycontin certainly isn't the only one.

Maybe doctors need to be more critical in their decsion to prescribe. Maybe better law enforcement is needed to stop illicit trafficing. However, with many people needing effective drugs to deal with chronic pain, removing Oxycontin from availability would create as many problems (although they would get less publicity) as it would solve. And then, people would just move on to other drugs - to abuse or complain about.

Sorry, I seem to be in the "rant mode" with my posts this morning.

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
KP

Post by KP »

DAYWALKER wrote: God willing, I have a future knife design coming outta :spyder: ...I can't be beating people up, and besides, I don't look good in "pre-Trial Orange"! :p

Mahalo and God bless :cool:
I'll keep in mind your strong preference in fashion for Orange :D :)
Is one of your designs coming out of :spyder: ? Wow!
Not going to congratulate prematurely, but that's great :cool:
Paul D.

Post by Paul D. »

4 s ter wrote:Paul

Neither the drug, the doctors or the drug companies are "evil". Oxycontin is a very effective drug for it's intended purpose - for long lasting treatment of pain. Banning it would take it away from those who need such drugs for treatment of chronic pain.

Many drugs create dependecies, even when taken as prescribed. Oxycontin certainly isn't the only one.

Maybe doctors need to be more critical in their decsion to prescribe. Maybe better law enforcement is needed to stop illicit trafficing. However, with many people needing effective drugs to deal with chronic pain, removing Oxycontin from availability would create as many problems (although they would get less publicity) as it would solve. And then, people would just move on to other drugs - to abuse or complain about.

Sorry, I seem to be in the "rant mode" with my posts this morning.

David
Well I guess you and I will just have to agree to disagree.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Hi Chad - missed your original story since I was on vacation, but glad you got your Persian back! Take care!