Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BIGSTRETCH

Re: Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale!

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

p_atrick wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:22 pm
Dumb question, but the info you use to login to the forum is the same you use for the general site, correct? I'm trying to log in for checkout (probably out of stock by now). Either I get a message that the site is unavailable or wrong username or password. Just want to make sure I'm using the correct info.

No, it isn't. I made this same mistake a while ago. You're doing good to get as far as you have, go ahead and make another login for the store.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Looks like pretty slim pickin's right now. Either a lot of people were able to get through, or there wasn't as much product as folks were anticipating.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

sshook wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:20 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:00 pm
Not complaining but I was hoping there more Taichung knives in this sale. I was looking for a Drunken and Ikuchi but there wasn't any.I was surprised that there was still some Sage 1 Maxamets available when I looke a few minutes ago
I agree, I was hoping to find a Smock. Husband was looking for a Canis or Subvert Sprint. He did get a mystery box so hopefully he will have something cool in there.

I was hoping for a Smock too, already have 3 but wanted one more for custom mods.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
sshook

Post by sshook »

Oh well, there's always the next map holiday 🤣
:bug-white-red proud owner of 5 Spyderco folders and 3 excellent Spyderco kitchen knives :bug-white-red

entry-level knife nerd, modder, and fidgeter

If it isn't purple, I don't want it.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Still haven't been able to get the sale page to load once despite trying periodically throughout the day.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

BIGSTRETCH wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:23 pm
p_atrick wrote:
Dumb question, but the info you use to login to the forum is the same you use for the general site, correct? I'm trying to log in for checkout (probably out of stock by now). Either I get a message that the site is unavailable or wrong username or password. Just want to make sure I'm using the correct info.

No, it isn't. I made this same mistake a while ago. You're doing good to get as far as you have, go ahead and make another login for the store.
Says my account has been locked for the next five hours. Sigh... Not so concerned about not getting a knife, but I don't want my account to be flagged as a malicious actor.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:25 pm
Looks like pretty slim pickin's right now. Either a lot of people were able to get through, or there wasn't as much product as folks were anticipating.
I was just on again and was surprised there was as much on there as there was. Mostly regular production models though

I'm tempted to buy a Siren but I already added 3 more knives I really don't need
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

p_atrick wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:33 pm
BIGSTRETCH wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:23 pm
p_atrick wrote:

Says my account has been locked for the next five hours. Sigh... Not so concerned about not getting a knife, but I don't want my account to be flagged as a malicious actor.
Call the SFO. I did earlier and got right through
vanka

Post by vanka »

ramblinwreck wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:41 pm
I don’t see a lot of higher end knives. Is this usually the case?
For the online sales probably yes. If you can make it to Golden Co., well that's the real deal. This one is more like a mid year clear up. Don't get me wrong - not complaining - I'm actually super happy. I scored quite a lot of knives, and as a UK resident it's a pure win for me. But throughout the years I build up the image in my mind that the real seconds sale is physicaly at SFO.
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

What a bunch of garbage. I’m so mad I feel sick to my stomach. I fought and fought for hours and even made it to the cart a few times and it kicked me out somehow that I couldn’t even refresh it, it was just gone. Lost a 15V Para 2 which was one of my dream knives. That was the worst experience ever and I’m so disgusted I don’t even want to do any business with them anymore. What a horrible site. I’m sure once I calm down down I’ll still buy them because they’re my favorite brand by far but Jesus I’m furious right now and am so disgusted. Especially seeing so many people that somehow got on, got a bunch of knives with very little trouble.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

p_atrick wrote:
Nope, 2 separate logins. You sound like you will need to create an account.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I've gotten through various steps various times, including as far as selecting a shipping option. I feel like Charlie Brown, playing football with Lucy.
Rainne

Post by Rainne »

Well this was a major disappointment all around, but not unexpected.

Edit: Just salty because of the server and missing out on the 15v’s. Love Spyderco, they replaced a missing screw of mine within a couple of days of asking a few months back.
Last edited by Rainne on Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endura 4 Damascus/Ti, Manix 2 s110v, Urban Damasteel, Endela Cruwear, Delica Damascus Pakkawood, Delica VG10, ARK H1, Dragonfly VG10
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:39 pm
What a bunch of garbage. I’m so mad I feel sick to my stomach. I fought and fought for hours and even made it to the cart a few times and it kicked me out somehow that I couldn’t even refresh it, it was just gone. Lost a 15V Para 2 which was one of my dream knives. That was the worst experience ever and I’m so disgusted I don’t even want to do any business with them anymore. What a horrible site. I’m sure once I calm down down I’ll still buy them because they’re my favorite brand by far but Jesus I’m furious right now and am so disgusted. Especially seeing so many people that somehow got on, got a bunch of knives with very little trouble.
I get that you're frustrated but settle down. There pocket knives for cryin' out loud. Not something to get so mad over

What makes you think anyone got a bunch of knives with very little trouble? vanka seemed to do ok but I'm guessing it wasn't as easy as you think. I managed to get a few too but I worked for it. It took some patience and I had to place two separate orders but persistence paid off. At one point I almost logged off and I wouldn't have been upset in the least because....they're only knives
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I would never do this, under any circumstance, for any knife I could buy anywhere for full MAP. I just decided, too late, that I would like to try an Ayoob. It's all JD's fault, and if I ever to get to the payment page, they will probably be sold out. I think one more try, then get on with my day.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Yeah, second and last time is a failure as well. I'm just abandoning the cart and moving on.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ImightBgreen

Post by ImightBgreen »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:36 pm
5 hrs into it and finally able to see what is still available and there’s not a ton left. I think I’m walking away with the shred of dignity that I have left for myself, just disappointed that I wasn’t aware that this was a possibility. 1st world problems huh? :)
doc gonzo

Post by doc gonzo »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:39 pm
I've been trying to checkout my cart for 4 and half hours with no success too but it isn't spydercos fault. If it is that important and you NEED them then you can just pay retail. Sure being overseas it is cheaper for me to import even after of high postage and taxes and I will use one of the knives for work but that's just life, it happens and spyderco owes me nothing. Just the sheer demand and perhaps scalpers etc on top means their infrastructure gets swamped and suggesting they roll out some extreme high traffic capable hosting for a single sales event is crazy especially since they can't predict the load and will be stuck with massively inflated hosting fees for the rest of the time for load capabilities surplus to requirements so little they can do their side. I just appreciate they are doing it online again for those of us who can't feasibly get to SFO in person.
Last edited by doc gonzo on Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ImightBgreen wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:08 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:36 pm
5 hrs into it and finally able to see what is still available and there’s not a ton left. I think I’m walking away with the shred of dignity that I have left for myself, just disappointed that I wasn’t aware that this was a possibility. 1st world problems huh? :)
The comment about calling the SFO was in response to someone having an issue with their account. I didn't ask but I don't think they were taking orders over the phone

There really wasn't a huge selection to begin with. There's a handful of knives that are no longer on there but most of what was originally available are still there
vivi

Post by vivi »

Prior to the sale I double checked all my account info to make sure it was up to date.

Finally got to my cart and got this. Called support and they said they can't do anything right now, and that maybe they'll be able to clear my account a few hours from now.

Anyone wanna order a knife for me? Doubt it's ever gonna work for me.

disappointing.
:unicorn