NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by JD Spydo »

Maybe some bad news on Sir Patrick. I just got news on local radio that if Sir Patrick is cleared to play this Sunday against the Bills it probably won't be until Saturday before we know anything for absolute sure.

Chad Henne better be getting prepared to play again this weekend because I got a feeling he might be the Chief's only chance to go to the big dance this year. It's a darn good thing he's gotten some playing time in. This could really change things a lot.
And the Chief's organization has no control over this at all. They better hope they get a good doctor to clear him.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:03 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:47 am
Time Travel Tuesday :D
Yeah the 72 Miami Dolphins were the only UNDEFEATED team ever. Oh I know a couple of teams went without a loss during the regular season but those guys won all the pre-season games and went all the way to the Superbowl undefeated. I'm not sure that would even be possible to do in this era with the better defenses, salary caps and several other issues that might make that impossible at this time in NFL history.

Also I think they were still on a 14 game season at that time too. It was a completely different era all together. But you can't take away from what they did. It's a real shame that Mercury Morris ( their RB) got in bad trouble and did a lot of prison time after his career. They didn't help with head injuries like they do now. Again it was a completely different era.
They still have the record though.
Like you say Joe, the ONLY Undefeated team in N.F.L. history. They were awesome.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:07 am
Maybe some bad news on Sir Patrick. I just got news on local radio that if Sir Patrick is cleared to play this Sunday against the Bills it probably won't be until Saturday before we know anything for absolute sure.

Chad Henne better be getting prepared to play again this weekend because I got a feeling he might be the Chief's only chance to go to the big dance this year. It's a darn good thing he's gotten some playing time in. This could really change things a lot.
And the Chief's organization has no control over this at all. They better hope they get a good doctor to clear him.
I have a sneaky feeling, that even with the league's concussion protocol...the restrictions will be eased when it comes to someone the caliber of Mahomes, arguably the face of the NFL and with an opportunity to go back to the Super Bowl. Mark my words...he's playing!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Joe, I see that Jim Kiick had Puma cleats, but any idea what Csonka was wearing?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:23 am
JD Spydo wrote:

I have a sneaky feeling, that even with the league's concussion protocol...the restrictions will be eased when it comes to someone the caliber of Mahomes, arguably the face of the NFL and with an opportunity to go back to the Super Bowl. Mark my words...he's playing!
I would feel safe betting the farm on that Rick.
Totally agree man.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:23 am
JD Spydo wrote:

Well dude I hope you're right because these guys on the morning show didn't seem very optimistic about it. And they claimed that for sure we wouldn't know anything definite until Saturday.

As agile as he was after the bad hit running into the locker room and he has been in really good spirits the past two days. But the league has the final say on it with all these newer concussion protocols.

But you're right in one aspect>> the TV ratings will be much higher if Sir Patrick will be playing Sunday.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

There is a negative 100% chance that Chad Henne starts this game. Pat Mahomes is the Chiefs only chance to go to the big dance this year, not Chad Henne.

I agree with Rick, the league will turn a blind eye to the concussion protocol if it means their poster boy can play. Mahomes is playing.
- Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I read it was a compressed nerve in the neck that caused him to be dazed not a concussion
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:34 am
I read it was a compressed nerve in the neck that caused him to be dazed not a concussion
Same. The Chiefs saying "we won't know until Saturday" is just a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Mahomes is playing.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:24 am
Joe, I see that Jim Kiick had Puma cleats, but any idea what Csonka was wearing?
Back during that era CONVERSE was the big thing believe it or not. When I was in sports in high school it was a battle to get my parents to buy me CONVERSE shoes for whichever sport I was in. They were the "Air Jordans" of that time it seems.

But New Balance, Nike, Reebok, Saucony and most of those other brands really didn't hit the scene big until the early 80s.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:40 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:24 am
Back during that era CONVERSE was the big thing believe it or not. When I was in sports in high school it was a battle to get my parents to buy me CONVERSE shoes for whichever sport I was in. They were the "Air Jordans" of that time it seems.

But New Balance, Nike, Reebok, Saucony and most of those other brands really didn't hit the scene big until the early 80s.
I'm extremely familiar with Converse. It was THE football cleat for a long time. Csonka could be wearing Pony's.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:33 am
There is a negative 100% chance that Chad Henne starts this game. Pat Mahomes is the Chiefs only chance to go to the big dance this year, not Chad Henne.

I agree with Rick, the league will turn a blind eye to the concussion protocol if it means their poster boy can play. Mahomes is playing.
I agree that most likely Sir Patrick will get the nod in the upcoming Bills game. Not sure why they were putting that out there on that morning show on WHB. Which is our ESPN affiliate here in KC. Who knows maybe the Chief's are trying to make the Bills confused as to who they are to prepare for. Just a wild guess.

But it would not be a disaster or guaranteed loss if Chad Henne did have to play. Or Matt Moore either for that matter. Both of those guys are tough and they have proven themselves.

I think it is in the NFL's best interest money wise for sure. Because those sponsors would most definitely rather see Mahomes playing rather than a back up QB.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Now I just heard some positive stuff this morning that Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Sammy Watkins both could be back in this Bill's game. I sure hope that Clyde is back because he really tore them up in the regular season. I love Sammy Watkins but he sure is hurt a lot of the time.

However the Chief's have a lot of new defensive players that are stepping up. That L'Jarius Sneed is going to be a household name by next year I'm almost certain of it. Him & Clyde were both great draft picks this past year.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:51 am
Now I just heard some positive stuff this morning that Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Sammy Watkins both could be back in this Bill's game. I sure hope that Clyde is back because he really tore them up in the regular season. I love Sammy Watkins but he sure is hurt a lot of the time.

However the Chief's have a lot of new defensive players that are stepping up. That L'Jarius Sneed is going to be a household name by next year I'm almost certain of it. Him & Clyde were both great draft picks this past year.
That's what I'm most interested in about this game, is the game plan. That first game between these two teams was weird, to say the least. Mahomes threw the ball like 20 times or something ridiculous and they just ran all over the Bills. This time around though, the Bills are much improved on both sides of the ball. I think Patty will have to air it out more often. That really was strange to watch though, just non stop pounding the ball in that first meeting. They definitely need a healthy CEH if they want to do that again!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:54 am
JD Spydo wrote:

That's what I'm most interested in about this game, is the game plan. That first game between these two teams was weird, to say the least. Mahomes threw the ball like 20 times or something ridiculous and they just ran all over the Bills. This time around though, the Bills are much improved on both sides of the ball. I think Patty will have to air it out more often. That really was strange to watch though, just non stop pounding the ball in that first meeting. They definitely need a healthy CEH if they want to do that again!
I am so disappointed with LeVeon Bell. I was expecting far more out of him. I think that even Darrel Williams has outperformed him by a lot in the past 3 games. Bell really ruined his career by sitting out that whole year just to spite the Steelers. That was just stupid any way you look at it.

Also they reported that our other RB Darwin Thompson is really sick ( non-COVID). They are not sure if he'll be available this Sunday.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:54 am
JD Spydo wrote:

Yeah that game was so un-characteristic of the Chief's playing style. I haven't seen them use the running game that much since we had Priest Holmes for a running back>> and that's been a while. But Andy was obviously aware of their weakness and he exploited it. He's actually a better coach than I ever gave him credit for.

I do think the Chiefs will run the ball a lot this Sunday. Just a gut feeling I have.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Jamaal Charles...that was a quite a streak of elite running backs they had there for a while!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:00 am
Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Jamaal Charles...that was a quite a streak of elite running backs they had there for a while!
You could add Kareem Hunt to that list until he got extremely stupid and then lied about it to the Chief's owners. He probably costs us that Superbowl in 2018-19 season :mad:
But the Chiefs have had two of the best tight ends in history with Tony Gonzalez and Travis Kelce. AS well as place kickers in Jan Stenerud and Nick Lowery. The Chiefs have had a most interesting history in several aspects of the game. We Still have about the best fan base of any team in the league as well.
Of course I'm being prejudice :D :D It's hard to be humble with Hill, Kelce and Mahomes :cool: :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

LOL :D Weekend at Andys...