Spyderco Heinnie Haynes UK Penknife G10 back into stock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Badger410

Re: Spyderco Heinnie Haynes UK Penknife G10 back into stock

Post by Badger410 »

I used a small screwdriver between the blade and spring. With the blade in the closed position and as far on the pivot as you can get it, use a twisting action with the screwdriver to close the spring. Keep pressure on the blade at the pivot and it should slip on.

Hope that makes sense.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Badger410 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:12 am
I used a small screwdriver between the blade and spring. With the blade in the closed position and as far on the pivot as you can get it, use a twisting action with the screwdriver to close the spring. Keep pressure on the blade at the pivot and it should slip on.

Hope that makes sense.
I'll give that a try later, thanks! I've taken plenty of my knives apart, this one is the only one I've ever really struggled with. Figures, a knife without a lock is the most complicated :thinking :disappointed
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Got mine today. Wow what a difference in fit and finish compared to the S90V Urban! I know Spyderco likes to be loyal to the original manufacturer but I really wish they would consider moving the Urban production to Golden.

HH ended up not only honoring the original price for me they even sent me a £10 refund.
-Turbo
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

bbturbodad wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:39 pm
Got mine today. Wow what a difference in fit and finish compared to the S90V Urban! I know Spyderco likes to be loyal to the original manufacturer but I really wish they would consider moving the Urban production to Golden.

HH ended up not only honoring the original price for me they even sent me a £10 refund.
Congrats to your UKPK.
My HH Urban is as good as my HH UKPK.
I don't know what everyone has against the Urban.
The only difference is the surface on the G10 material.

ASF
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:12 am
bbturbodad wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:39 pm

Congrats to your UKPK.
My HH Urban is as good as my HH UKPK.
I don't know what everyone has against the Urban.
The only difference is the surface on the G10 material.

ASF
The inconsistency of the Urban from version to version. Every one I have is different from the last. Aside from the clearly poorer fit and finish (at least on my example) the change in blade shape on the HH Urban, shorter with more belly than previous versions, makes it less usable for me as it tends to slip off the material I'm cutting because the tip so high compared to the excellent K390 version.

The top 3 are all from the same factory with no mention of any change in spec to the blade.

The HH Urban is almost all belly, not a trait I want on a short blade. Clearly visible here compared to the K390.
-Turbo
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

Mine is almost here, hurray! Just had to swallow the customs charge and the exorbitant handling fee, yikes.

It’s kinda funny and sad that it’s already out of stock again… wonder if they’ll do another run… and how long that’s going to be 🤣
On deck: FRN Chaparral

Moved on: Techno 2, SpydieChef

Excited to get: UKPK Heinnie Haynes edition, Lil'Kapara (bring it on! :D )
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Mine finally arrived. Just wow. I think someone else said it but it's one of if not the sharpest Spydie I've ever received. Trying to decide if I want to do some smoothing of the G10.