Problem with 2015 Forum knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tvenuto

Re: Problem with 2015 Forum knife

Post by tvenuto »

Just to add a data point: due to the reports of loose screws, when mine came it I used my torx bit to give each screw some light back out pressure. None of them moved, so I left them alone. I may repeat this process in a few months after some use, but nothing has kicked the Delica out of my waistband as yet.
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Is your knife number 13? :eek:
sbaker345

Post by sbaker345 »

I've noticed over tightening the screws causes the scales to flex enough to impede the lockback mechanism making it less smooth, probably why the screw are fairly loose.
MattM68

Post by MattM68 »

My screws came extremely loose, and rattled around in the handle, but after putting on some loctite and tightening them, it's been totally fine. :) One of my favorite knives.

Matt
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I guess I must have reported my loose screw problem in one of the other threads on this knife, but the one just behind the lockbar on mine was just about falling out/off when I took the knife out of its bag. I just grabbed a Torx wrench and tightened it up. Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King