The Gayle Bradley is starting to wear me down..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

I'm still looking forward to the GB2 that I saw a number of years ago at an Amsterdam Meet. If I recall correctly -- it appeared slightly larger, no finger choil, and lighter (my GB is from the original run with solid liners). I liked this concept more than the current model.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I don't like the liner lock. If it was a compression lock, back lock, bolt action, ball bearing, or frame lock I'd have one by now to try out M4 (The Air is a bit small for me, and I don't like the lack of a pocket clip, and the liner lock).
Spyderco's liner locks are very good and is probably my favorite lock type (no play, plenty strong, easy to close one handed). Still can't warm up to the Bradley though (tried a few times)
steelrat

Post by steelrat »

I got my GB two days ago and I'm blown away... It feels very solid and has a secure lock. For my part: I like liner locks.

It's too big as a EDC for me but will have it's moments for shure...

Nico.
I've gone CF only: C94CFP UKPK (many thanks to Donut), C113CFPE Caly 3 ZDP189, C144CFPE Caly 3.5 ZDP189, C41CFP Native 4, C123CFP Sage 1, C134CFP Gayle Bradley, C152CFP Chaparral 1, C131CFP Bob Terzuola, C116CFP Superhawk, C101CF90VP2 Manix 2 S90V :)

exceptions: C113GPGY Caly 3 SB, C144GPGY Caly 3.5 SB, C10FPGY Endura SB, C11FPGY Delica SB, 2 x C36GPGY Military Cru-Wear, C154PPN Squeak Pink, MGREP Manbug ZDP189, C12PBN Matriarch brown, C94PBK UKPK

sold: some

looking for: anything CF
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

3rdGenRigger wrote: Gayle Bradley
Galye Bradley
Galyle Bradley
:p
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Chris_H wrote:I'm still looking forward to the GB2 that I saw a number of years ago at an Amsterdam Meet. If I recall correctly -- it appeared slightly larger, no finger choil, and lighter (my GB is from the original run with solid liners). I liked this concept more than the current model.
So am I - big time. I like the guard on it. The choil is too low on the current model. It took a while, but I found this vid that quickly shows it...

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/stu_g ... 3.mp4.html
- best wishes, Jazz.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I love the "GB2." Has there been any more info on it?
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I never noticed that the GB2 has a really nice squared off butt end...now I want it even more!!!

Sal, maybe you can chime in on the GB2? Are we going to see it?
On the hunt for...
christopher

Post by christopher »

Evil D, check this out to see another way to solve your problem, http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... access-mod.

Haven't had time to do mine yet, but I can identify with the sausage comment. Some beautiful work there.
Chris

Post by Hayes »

Evil D wrote:If it just had a stronger/deeper choil, I would probably be EDC'ing one right now. Sigh.
This is the only change I'd make to an otherwise perfect knife. I carried one for a while, and I never felt completely secure with a shallow choil with no jimping. I understand that many have used this knife safely, and I did too, I just never felt as comfortable with it as I am with, say, a Para 2 or Sage 1.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

So is this "GB2" a possibility in the future?
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

I had the opportunity to handle and examine A GB recently, and it really looked and felt like the Rolls Royce of knives; smooth, strong, large, and it screamed high quality.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

NoFair wrote:Spyderco's liner locks are very good and is probably my favorite lock type (no play, plenty strong, easy to close one handed). Still can't warm up to the Bradley though (tried a few times)
You stole my thoughts. Spyderco's liner lock is the only I like, and I second the opinion on the GB
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience