Spyderco 2014 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farns

Post by farns »

I enjoy the forum's "Show you mule" thread and this is my latest attempt at dressing a mule. This particular mule was created as a gift and will enjoy some time working in the garden.

farns
Spyderco Mule Team 15 (CTS-B75P) - Redheart, yellow liners, and brass pins
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I don't know if I can get y'all an image with the resolution required, but this is my favorite photo I've taken of a Spyderco so far.

Nishijin in the morning. by senorsquare, on Flickr
jnsn

Post by jnsn »

woot! time to try again!
[CENTER]HAVE: sage 1, chokwe, gayle bradley, UKPK, wooden dragonfly, grasshopper, bug, bug set, kiwi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
NinjaRyder0920

My Submission!

Post by NinjaRyder0920 »

This was my very first Spyderco Sprint Run to own. I saw the previous year's models in black and blue and got excited to hear about an orange Dodo that was being released! This is such a fun little knife with a wicked blade that is quite a conversation piece.
Orange is Not Extinct - by NinjaRyder0920 - Orange Dodo Sprint Run
DigitalUrbanCamo

Post by DigitalUrbanCamo »

psmith27 wrote:I'm submitting a photo of the ultra light manix 2....this is a prize knife from last year and I took this photo earlier today in the Lost Creek wilderness inside the Pikes national forest.

I use this knife heavily and can't really describe how great it is, truly a model I had to experience to appreciate. Looking forward to all the amazing photos this year.
Cheers,
Patrick

Psmith27
Lgt wght manix 2 blue
This one is so freaking perfect. Well done sir.
Unobtainium

Post by Unobtainium »

To me Spyderco is a balance of beauty , functionality and innovation. a mix of tradition and high tech. One can decide to just look and admire them and forget that they are practical instruments. Especially in the collaboration models.
I tried to capture these qualities by creating somewhat of a classical Japanese theme.
The colors are shades of grey the color of steel and function.And it is traditionally Japanese signed, representing art and beauty.
The painting depicts a compilation of Spyderco folders that look similar to beautiful open flowers, or leaves dropping down from above or something serene of that nature, but are actually effective deadly instruments being thrown at you right this moment, by the stealthy Ninja almost invisible in the background.

member name : Unobtainium
Spyderco knife used : Spyderco Captain ~ C111G (discontinued)
My Grail - Starmate CPM440V #012 NIB 【ツ】
My Beauty - Chinese folder CF
My Letter opener - "S" silver
My Hand occupier - Captain
My Prison shank - Yojimbo 2
My Travel - Junior
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Unobtainium wrote: Image

member name : Unobtainium
Spyderco knife used : Spyderco Captain ~ C111G (discontinued)
Simply beautiful. I think this will make a lovely photo for a winter month in the calendar. Well done!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Well, this year I am in again....something with mules and leather....
Tom
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I have an idea involving a vagabond. One of the many overlooked spyderco knives.
bladefan

Post by bladefan »

Here is my entry:

After a long anticipated wait I finally received my paramilitary 2 in green with CTS-204P steel. I quickly assigned it kitchen/garden duty where it has been working hard harvesting cucumbers to make pickles.

Making Pickles - Spyderco Paramilitary Exclusive Dealer Sprint in CTS-204P
Forum name: Bladefan
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wait...i feel...........I feel a prediction coming on.....

In about 3 weeks from now, this thread will be flooded....flooded with.....with...................pictures of the new forum knife............and the cover of the calendar..........will be one of those pics.....
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

How did you do that???
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

Spyderco Air
by Minibear453
I think they made the Spyderco Air a little bit too light! This is the perfect gentleman's knife. It is small and elegant, yet much more than adequate with its thin CPM-M4 blade. The scales are gorgeous, but extremely difficult to photograph correctly. I used two thin pieces of string to hold the knife up.

Edited for a better color balance and to remove some missed threads.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
Reject

Post by Reject »

Toomzz inspired this one with his contest.
Looks like the same thing happened to Minibear453.
:) Don’t worry mate; your photo is much better than my poor effort.

:spyder:

Some say, that you never really own a knife, until it has tasted your blood.

I believe that a gentleman is not a product of birth, but of how a man lives his life and how he treats others.
The Gayle Bradley Air would make a fine blade for any gentleman; once they get to know each other.

:o Old hand and new knife becoming acquainted.

How much can a Koala bear?
Unobtainium

Post by Unobtainium »

I don't think I will be submitting this one :D

*EDITED*
My Grail - Starmate CPM440V #012 NIB 【ツ】
My Beauty - Chinese folder CF
My Letter opener - "S" silver
My Hand occupier - Captain
My Prison shank - Yojimbo 2
My Travel - Junior
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Here is my Salt I at Makalawena Beach. I took this one with the help of my wife. It took a while to capture it perfectly with the waves crashing up over the lava rocks. The Salt I easily slips into boardshorts pockets and is perfect for those days on the water.

Freediver
Spyderco Salt I C88BK
Holland

Post by Holland »

nice shots everyone! freediver and minibear especially :)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

C17 Catcherman can be very useful for fishing and is well up to its name.

DerRock
C17 Catcherman
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Sooo, native is gone... :P
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Spyderco Military Digital Camo (C36GPCMO) is my favorite outdoor and camping knife, light and durable and always in my pocket when I need it...

tap78
Spyderco Military C36GPCMO
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear