New Lightweight Manix Colors

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Thanks Cheddarnut! I have to say the Kelly Green, Brown and Red really catch my eye. The clear idea certainly has potential as well.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Bladester wrote:Thanks for posting these pics, Cheddarnut! The LW Manix2 is one of my favorite Spyderco's. Like mattman said, just something about the translucent color. Looks great out in the sunlight. Personally, I like the hot colors: red or orange or yellow. And the green is nice, too. I've been waiting for these, and yep, I'd go for 'em.

--Larry
Thanks Larry, sometimes my obsession runs too wild for reality and i have to start creating possibilities in my head.

Somebody said camo?

"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Well done sir!!!! Looks great but I meant more traditional camp like on the military's.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
grg

Post by grg »

They just keep getting better.
GrossPolluter

Post by GrossPolluter »

Nice color concepts, Cheddarnut.

My faves are:
  • Post #11: bottom (translucent root beer)
  • Post #22: bottom (camo)
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

First sir, you are a photoshop wiz. My hat is off to you.

I would look forward to non-translucent colors. Dark green, brown, or black are my preferences.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Personally, I guess that I am mixed on the concept. I don't have any of the different
colored Delica's or Endura's and the Manix LW hasn't clicked with me yet because of
the FRCP. I may end up liking the material somewhere along the lines, but it doesn't
do anything for me yet.

The different colors are cool to look at and get get different ideas, but as for actually
buying one and carrying it, I don't know. I'd almost have to see a colored one in person
before I would get one. It reminds me of looking at a bunch of different colored shirts
in a catalog and thinking that they look awesome and then when you actually ordered
one and get it,it doesn't look at cool as it did in the book.

Awesome photo shop work though.
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

Those all look really good! I think spyderco should do that. Maybe with a different steel. BD1 is ok, but I don't really LOVE its edge retention to ease of sharpening ratio. I don't mine a steel that loses its edge quickly if it is easy to sharpen... but I find the BD1 take a bit more effort to re-hone an edge on. But I love the Manix 2 LW in the translucent blue. It is a gorgeous knife. The only other thing I would suggest is making it screw construction rather than pin construction. Just makes me feel better with screw construction.
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

Here are a few I just did really quick.
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
BAL

Post by BAL »

Or buy one knife with screw constuction and then order different colored scales to
change and match what you are wearing each day. And I am actually being serious.
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

Here are 3 more

JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Pockets wrote:I like the third one in the top pic the best. What about moonglow? :D
Can't be cast - probably a non-starter for this specific knife. I also doubt it is strong enough to hold the knife together.
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

Black LW with blacked out hardware and DLC please. :)
[table="width: 1100, align: left"]
[tr]
[td][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/td]
[td]Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly
[HR][/HR]:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
-Brandon

[/td]

[/tr]
[/table]
endgame

Post by endgame »

They look great.try a clear one with all black hardware and a dlc coated blade I would be all over that one.marron would look great also.I think black hardware would look best with the translucent plastic.also dlc blade
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

+1 for the photoshop wizard, i'm very impressed!

somehow the frcp looks kinda cheap to me, that's actual the only reason what keeps me from buying one, i should check out my friends translucent blue the next time!
aogami super blue dragonfly!
mineralman55

Post by mineralman55 »

I like the purple translucent. Would also like a ruby red or bright orange translucent.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Thanks for the comments guys, its a couple clicks in photoshop, nothing compared to the real modders here :)
Djmoonbat, nice work, the limegreen is delicious.

Will post more later, heres another from last night, color changing scales, like hotwheels i used to love...

"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

In all seriousness, is it possible to create these multicolored configurations? Are the FRCP handles injection molded or is it more complex than that?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
johnnygomer

Post by johnnygomer »

I like (in order) the purple, lime green, rainbow, and red.
I have dyed a couple yellow FRN handles (one orange and one red) but never the FRCP. It doesn't look like the type of material you could customize in that manner.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Wow, good job! Very convincing :D I'd like to see nearly all of those made, there are some great colors in there. I'm still hoping for that all black DLC version we saw a while back.