An amazing Christmas story...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts. I am very blessed to have the wife that I have. I think a New Year's surprise for her would be an excellent idea! Sal, you said it right: "Old Spyders are cool, but a wife that loves you and knows you like she does is beyond "things". Appreciate her." Amen to that. :)

Here is a picture attempt:
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hmmmm. My feeble attempt to post some pictures continues to fail. :o Could someone please tell me how to post pictures taken from a digital camara? Thanks in advance!

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

She's a keeper!

As for posting pictures:
1. import the pictures from your camera to your computer. I presume you know how to do that.
2. resize the picture to fit the forums. Most modern digital cameras will snap pictures that are at least 2000x2000 pixels big. In other words: HUGE. There are various tools you can use to make the picture smaller. Generally, if you make the picture fit inside 600x600 pixels, it will not mess up the forum layout badly.
3. Upload the resized image to your favorite image hoster. If you have a Dropbox account (http://www.dropbox.com - it's free!) you can use the Public folder in your Dropbox. Other popular free image hosters are: http://imageshack.us/ or http://photobucket.com/
4. Copy the link to the picture, and paste in your post. Put image-tags before and after it. It will look somewhat like this:

Code: Select all

[ img]http://myphotohost.com/bla/mypicture.jpg[/img ]
Done!
G10KnifeNut

Post by G10KnifeNut »

SpyderNut wrote:Hmmmm. My feeble attempt to post some pictures continues to fail. :o Could someone please tell me how to post pictures taken from a digital camara? Thanks in advance!
You can upload to photo bucket then they have links under the images you copy and paste in here :D goodluck and let us know if you need help :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thanks, Whieee and G10KnifeNut!

Here's my first attempt:

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Yes! It works beautifully! (Sorry for the cruddy picture quality. I'm a novice with digital photography--if you couldn't tell ;) ).

Here's a few more:
The beautiful Toad...

The Centofante II...

The elusive Bob T. C15...

The Yojimbo II...

And a Spyderco Banner!

And (last but not least), my little "stocking stuffer":

BAL

Post by BAL »

Awesome Xmas story SpyderNut. Does your wife have a sister. Just funnin' of course, I have a keeper of wife myself.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Congratulations on new toys.
BTW, does your wife have a sister? :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Wow congrats with the very nice knives and the awesome wife you got there. What a nice extension of your collection!!!
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Great story Michael.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

LOL! No, my wife doesn't have any sisters. :) She did get a kick out of your responses, though. :) She never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think I've got her figured out, she goes off and pulls out all the stops. :eek:

gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Very nice story. Reminds me of the end of "A Christmas Story" when the dad points out that last present behind the desk. And it's exactly what he wanted, and the best gift he could ever imagine.

Those were some hard to find Spydies too. Nice job to the wife!
:bug-red-white
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

nice enjoy greeetzzzz
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

Man, wiping a few tears away here. Take good care of your wife and never let her go :)
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

SuzieQ wrote:Man, wiping a few tears away here. Take good care of your wife and never let her go :)
SuzieQ,

Without a doubt, my wife is the best "thing" that ever happened to me. I still have to remind her on occasion that she definately got the "short end of the stick" when it comes to our relationship. :) On a serious note, though, I thank God for her each and every day. She's such a sweetie.

~Michael

Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Great story and a great wife!

Mrs SpyderNut = Trophy Wife
+10000000000

Mrs. SpyderNut = Better than Santa being real. :D