Mule tutorial part 2

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

It is final, approved by the rightful owner the 52100 is declared finished. I took some time today to make the sanding and the pattern just right and here it is. I sanded it up finally to 1000 grit.
Yesterday I made a leather pocketsheath to it, which is almost dry now.
Since I use a new camera now, my computer and the forum have great difficulties keeping up with its standards. I now have to resize my pics because the forum probably can not handle it....

Brown canvasmicarta handled mule #1 in 52100 steel, glued and corby-fastened with brown dyed cowhide leather pocketsheath.

Cheers from good old EUROPE,
Tomas :rolleyes:
Attachments
DSCF1072RS.jpg
DSCF1072RS.jpg (89.15 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Tom
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

...and the other side...

T.
Attachments
DSCF1070rs.jpg
DSCF1070rs.jpg (89.63 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Tom
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I really enjoyed this tutorial. Thank you very much for showing the pinning and finishing processes.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Jesting Devil

Post by Jesting Devil »

Thanks for the tutorial! Very interesting and informative. I'm hoping to try a similar project soon... :)
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Thanks forum, for your kind reactions. I am aware that this is not BF where you can show all your customstuff, but I hope I can make more people enthousiast in making (or trying out) a mule. No worries, everybody can make scales on a mule, even a sheath.
I hope you enjoyed it, I will keep coming with more Mules. Next up are two M390s, one in a custom-order for someone in ghost camo G10. The other one will be mine, I am thinking of ebony and red corbies....
Anyway, I will bore you with my projects if you don't mind :D

Cheers out there and thanks again,
Tomas
Tom