Any Persian 2 fans

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I'm not a fan yet of the Persian 2, I just got a red G10 Persion so that cures my needs for a big user Persian. I am, however, looking forward to the small Persian 2. I plan to use it well. I must admit I remained a bit careful with the micarta Persians. Great users, but let's just say I switch to my FRN D4 when some roots in the yard needed to be cut in the dirt.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Pity the new persians aren't screw together, would make modding a little easier--I also find the tractor tires on such an elegant knife unpleasant--have one to use, but with the G10, don't think I need both sizes.
mlifecycle21

Post by mlifecycle21 »

I love my persian 2. As stated above, the fact that it isn't super pretty does make it less of a safe queen. I had read somewhere that you can't fully appreciate the persian until you edc it. I second that motion. It is a wonderful knife to carry.
As for uses, the sharp tip is good for cutting open boxes, but the negative angle makes using the tip difficult. I mostly just use the belly for opening boxes, cutting string/rope, I've even prepared some food with it the first day I got it, just to see how it would work. Essentially, it excels in anything that doesn't require fine tip work, and is useable for anything that does. Only real downside is the high-profile pocket clip, which catches on stuff all-too-easily.
Btw, mine is wearing the zip-tie mod, because opening it otherwise is a bit of a hassle.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I am a massive fan of the Persians - both large and mini :) . However, the Persian 2 with G10 scales are not fully to my liking. I prefer both my black micarta Persian 1's for their elegance with S/S bolsters with smooth micarta.

As already mentioned by others if the Persian 2's were in polished G10 it would have been better. I fund EDCing the Persian 2's really eat your pockets. I'm most likely going to get the sandpaper out to my Persian 2's to see if it changes my opinions of them and at least get them more frequently into my EDC rotation !
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
onethirstydog

Post by onethirstydog »

the Persian 2 isn't made with washers. it is made by the same manufacturer that produces the caly 3. if you email customer service they'll tell u the same thing. i had a similar question a couple of weeks back...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

mlifecycle21 wrote:the fact that it isn't super pretty does make it less of a safe queen. I had read somewhere that you can't fully appreciate the persian until you edc it.
I EDC my C83 for about five years. My EDC Persian certainly cannot be qualified as a save queen. It cuts anything I need, was dropped on concrete floor couple times, hit brass staples couple times, utility cart once :o ,
was repaired to the best of my abilities. It has many scratches on the blade, handle and bolsters and I still enjoy the look of this Mr. Schempp masterpiece as much as cutting experience (reprofiled @ 24* it is really nice slicer). I wouldn't trade my old, used, scratched Persian for two brand new P2.
I also beleive that you cannot fully appreciate any knife until you EDC it.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I just got my small persian two a couple weeks ago and it is awesome! I dont understand the reason for pinned construciont though, but other than that Im lovin everything about the knife. I got the smaller one just because alot of my non spydercos knives are larger and i wanted a really nice small g10 knife and this is the one. Its curves are super sexy and it slices like a beast. It also compliments my spyderhawk nicely that I purchased along with it ;)
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

I have one original C83 and the mini. Now I'm still itching to get my hands on the Persian 2. Firstly because I've always wanted to try a Persian out with FFG, secondly I've only one C83, I love it dearly it's used regularly however I don't want to subject it to the sort abuse my work knives encounter. As the Persian 2 is much easier to replace and also dressed in G10 simply put it is a no brainer for me.
After saying that that though I don't share the same enthusiasm for the G10 Mini Persian.

J
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

I like the design of the Persian. I have wanted to buy the small Persian 2 for a while but I've been holding back. Not sure why.
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]