Just got my package from Spyderco,half of the order wasn't in it:'(

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I don't think people are assuming the worst Joe. I think the OP is just relating what happened and that he is concerned with having to pay customs duties twice for the unshipped item.
Neomik

Post by Neomik »

Hope it gets sorted out soon!
Michael
[CENTER]-. . ...- . .-. .-- .. - .... --- ..- - -- -.-- ... .--. -.-- -.. . .-. -.-. ---[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:spyder:“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”:spyder:[/CENTER]
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I don't think people are assuming the worst Joe. I think the OP is just relating what happened and that he is concerned with having to pay customs duties twice for the unshipped item.
I don't understand how customs would have to be paid twice. Shipping costs in some cases but not customs. I don't understand Norways laws but if the fee is paid then it's paid it seems to me whether it's VAT, duty, whatever. If it was prepaid on an unshipped item then a copy of the invoice should get it straightened out.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

That's true, but I think that tax has been paid for what was declared to be the contents of the package and it turned out that an item listed as part of the contents has been taxed and is not actually in the package.

As I understand it, if the item is shipped in another, later package and is still declared, it might well be subject to tax again. Also, in my understanding the OP also expressed concern that if he informed customs that one of the items taxed is not actually in the package, whether he would be believed by customs.

But I may just have a wrong grasp of the situation. :D