More IWA...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
araneae

Post by araneae »

A double BB detent slippie. **** cool.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
catamount

Post by catamount »

Ted wrote:There's another video at youtube where Jurphaas describes this particular model (and other production, or ready for production models) to a journalist, so my guess is that it was overlooked during the photoshoot.
Here it is, about 1:35 into the video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/shgKQ2FcjfM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/shgKQ2FcjfM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
Gibsoniam

Post by Gibsoniam »

Ted wrote:If I remember correctly, that model was in the regular show cases and already in production. The 'special' prototype case was not to be photographed, and also is not shwon here in these photo series. There's another video at youtube where Jurphaas describes this particular model (and other production, or ready for production models) to a journalist, so my guess is that it was overlooked during the photoshoot.

The indent is for the reversible clip.
Thanks, Ted. Good/bad news if its that far along and close to release. I joined the cult of the Spyder just in time to miss the previous Terzuola knives... this is a must buy for me... that bringr my post IWA wish list to 5. (FRN Stretch 2, Leafstorm, Chicago, Wings Slipit, and now the Terzuola.) :D My poor wallet!
Mike :cool:

<><
1 Peter 3:15

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill

EDC
Spyderco Meerkat Sprint
HDS Systems EDC Executive 140W
Fisher Space Pen
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

CF Terzuola slipit. Droooooool.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

SoCal Operator wrote:CF Terzuola slipit. Droooooool.
+1000

I love the two ball bering detent idea. I wonder if there is a second set of those "dimples" to help keep it in the open position as well as closed, or does the blade only work against the backspring?
After enlightenment, the laundry.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

mrappraisit wrote:+1000

I love the two ball bering detent idea. I wonder if there is a second set of those "dimples" to help keep it in the open position as well as closed, or does the blade only work against the backspring?
Looks to me like the ball bearings and dimples are the only latching mechanism. Check out where Jur is opening and closing the knife, it does not seem to have a conventional backspring. The part of the tang were the backspriing would normally ride is raised and jimped.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

The Deacon wrote:Looks to me like the ball bearings and dimples are the only latching mechanism. Check out where Jur is opening and closing the knife, it does not seem to have a conventional backspring. The part of the tang were the backspriing would normally ride is raised and jimped.
Ahhh, that makes sense, I'll have to watch the video a few more times. That and the FRN ZDP really look great.

Thanks to everyone that posts these pics and videos. :D :D
After enlightenment, the laundry.
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

MAT888 wrote:
These pictures are already on the net i've got them on my harddrive..So damage already done. If the Co. dont want pictures to be shown they should not bring proto's to IWA/ knife shows... just my 2c...
My sentiments exactly, this info has been openly available for all to see on the web for a couple of days now, it wasn't going to take very long for us Spydie addicts to stumble across it. Better it be seen first here though.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Yep, there was a mix up. The Terzuola had a bright red tag with the words 'concept model' on it when I shot it, so that delegated it to the 'verboten category' for me. I just got the confirmation that there was a mix up about the status of this Terzuola collab and it's indeed a regular production prototype. Pics will be up shortly. :D

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Nice :D
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

MAT888 wrote:These pictures are already on the net i've got them on my harddrive..So damage already done. If the Co. dont want pictures to be shown they should not bring proto's to IWA/ knife shows... just my 2c...
I understand your sentiment, and indeed this was just a mix-up; it's a knife that can be presented to everyone since it's close to production. But there is a distinction between 'presenting a new model' and 'showing a design to get feedback before you finalize the design and put it into production'. A venue like the IWA is a great opportunity to get a wide range of customers to get their input on a knife before they decide on the final version and put it into production.

Wouter
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Here you go....

Wouter
jb2009

Post by jb2009 »

Excellant looking knife....any ideas on the length of blade?? Thanks John
...Far more .....:spyder: than i need
But no where near as many as I want......
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Mr Blonde wrote:Yep, there was a mix up. The Terzuola had a bright red tag with the words 'concept model' on it when I shot it, so that delegated it to the 'verboten category' for me. I just got the confirmation that there was a mix up about the status of this Terzuola collab and it's indeed a regular production prototype. Pics will be up shortly. :D

Wouter
It was very verboten when I looked at it in Leeds last year ;)

Looks great, but locks are ok here in Norway :D

Sverre
PSU

Post by PSU »

:eek: That Terzuola slipit is a beauty.
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

jb2009 wrote:Excellant looking knife....any ideas on the length of blade?? Thanks John
Bladelength was around 3 inches IIRC.

Even though locks are perfectly fine in my country too, it's a really nice knife. That's the silly thing with these slipits; I don't need a lockless knife, but somehow I still like them a lot.

Wouter
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Hey Wouter,

One last trick up your sleeve huh? What a beauty the Terzuola is. ;)
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
MCM

Post by MCM »

Looks like a great knife!
But I like a Lock.
I really like Bob's designs, and he is a super nice guy.
Will have to pass though, have enough 3" and under blades.
Also have (2) MT ATCF Terzuola's. (Another great design)

Keep 'em coming!

Great thread!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

A very nice knife but the shallow, embossed area where the clip goes takes away the full beauty of the carbon fiber scale. My eyes go directly to it when I look at this knife. Other than that, glad to see another Terzoula in the Spyderco lineup :)

Jay
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

Part of the appeal to the slipits is their simplicity. You don't have to worry about taking care of the lock. You can spine whack the knife all you want and it won't break. There's a certain amount of freedom in that.

It also gives you an ace up your sleeve with sheeple.
Cannot Die Happy Without The Maxamet Yojumbo