Giveaway: Sam Adams t-shirt (mmmÂ…beer)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
silverback

Post by silverback »

Thanks for the contest!

I like Jever, Becks, Einbecker, Flensburger and Wolters, the beer from my hometown Braunschweig. They're all quite tart and will not cause a headache. :D
Occasionally I'll drink Paulaner or Franziskaner Hefeweizen, too, and Guinness is always nice. :)
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
tap

Post by tap »

The Original, Twisted Tea. Original recipe (6 others available). This is a non carbonated (no burping) malt. Cold, cool, or room temperature. There are a few other (new) tea flavored beer brands but none are as good as "The Original". It is made by The Boston Beer Company , as is Samuel Adams. There is a history of tea in Boston (harbor).
Don't leave earth without some teeth. I carry a knife to open a can of worms.
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Sam Adams Octoberfest for me. I had a couple of cases to hold me over the winter.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Hofbrauhaus for me but it doesn't taste the same here. i guess i have to go make a run to Munich :D . Thanks for the contest but XL is a lil too small for me (unless it runs big) so pass it on to the guy below me if my number comes up.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

It's pretty true to size Tony. I usually wear 2X and I knew from holding it up it wouldn't be right for me, so your potential deferment is noted.

Lots of interesting brews mentioned so far. This vanilla porter that cobrajoe and rocketbomb mentioned intrigues me. I've tried chocolate flavored beers but never a vanilla one that I can remember.

I'll add to the Guinness love too, that's one of my all-time favorites. If they put that in those mini kegs like they do with Heineken I might never leave the house. :rolleyes:

Others I like a lot are Magic Hat #9 and Dogfish Head IPAs.

Edited to add: I was remiss not to mention Gritty McDuff's brewpub up in Maine. I've tried several different beers there whenever I venture up to Freeport and they've all been excellent. It's a cool little place and it's right next door to a knife store.
~ Nate
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

thanks for the contest! Id wear that shirt atleast 3 days a week!!!! Sammy Boston Lager and Becks is my fav (when I can afford it) otherwise Im goin for the cheap 30 packs of High Life or Keystone. At this exact moment Im drinkin a quart of Icehouse, mmm.
Davis61381

Post by Davis61381 »

MMMMM Beer. Berkshire Mountain PAle Ale is my favortie now. I'm also a big fan of IPA's My favorite is a local place in Granby CT called the Cambridge house brew pub.
-davis
s.c.

Post by s.c. »

Of the Sam Adam's brews, I really enjoy their winter lager. Favorites include Kalnapalis regular and dark (lithuanian) and Gambrinus (czech). Lately been drinking Okocim (polish). There's a small market near me owned by eastern europeans, so I like to try all the different stuff they have. Sierra Nevada is good too. My favorite generic domestic is Miller Lite.
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

Just wanted to bump this for anyone who may not have seen it. Still open until Wednesday night.
~ Nate
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Hey,

Thanks for the contest. :) I like beer.

My favorites are: Sam Adams Light, Blue Moon, Sam Adams Winter Ale, Heineken, Fosters, Killian's Irish Red...

I will however drink pretty much anything. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
McBain

Post by McBain »

Guinness, or Guinness extra stout. I also like Franziskaner helle or dunkel, and Licher as well. Who am I kiddin, there's not too much I'll pass up.... :D
-The children are right to laugh at you Ralph, these things couldn't cut butter-
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

Okay, we have a winner. From the range of 2 to 31, excluding 25 and 29 which were my other posts, random.org chose #22.

That means our winner is tap (kinda fitting for a thread about beer? :) ) PM is on the way to request your shipping information.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I know I have several more entries now on the list of beers I want to try.
~ Nate
diaBECKtic

Post by diaBECKtic »

yablanowitz wrote:What, am I the only Guiness Extra Stout drinker here? :D

Thanks for the contest!
Guinness Extra Stout is the only way to go when it comes to stouts! Well, at least if you're in America. Murphy's isn't too bad either...

I suppose my current top 3 are (in no particular order):
Sapporo Dark (black label - whatever it's called)
Goose Island Honkers Ale (Chi-town regional/micro brewery)
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Ale (Wheat ales = :D )
bigcat

Post by bigcat »

Old Milwalkee Beer.

BigCat
"The Power that made the body, Heals the body."
silverback

Post by silverback »

Fun contest; beer is always a good subject. :D
Thanks and have fun with the t-shirt!
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
tap

Post by tap »

Time to crack open a Twisted Tea :D Thanks again.
Don't leave earth without some teeth. I carry a knife to open a can of worms.
butch

Post by butch »

diaBECKtic wrote:Guinness Extra Stout is the only way to go when it comes to stouts! Well, at least if you're in America. Murphy's isn't too bad either...
there are many outstanding micro brew stouts and imp.stout that i would have no problem trading guinness to have its just that you cant always find a micro brew when you want it :)
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Congrats tap and thanks for the contest jujigatame!
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!