Endura / Delica - full flat FRN - need input

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

spyderHS08 wrote:Maybe bring back the OD green like on my d3
anyone else..? yes? I think so! :)
I`ll second the OD green,and even the possibility of desert tan. :)
tenaciousj

Post by tenaciousj »

YES!

i would love to see urban digital camo FRN, put me down for at least two right now!(Endura)

other than that i would like to see light navy blue or a medium gray

also what about painted clips to match the FRN?

VERY enthusiastically waiting(in fact i have already forgotten my brand new today, G-10 Police!)(and FRN stretch)
Kuolema

Post by Kuolema »

Teal, that would be awesome!
may it not be tricksy
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Yay ! Sal for President !!! :D

Dark Brown/ Tan
Maroon
Navy Blue
Dark Grey

I'd say yellow is reserved for the Salty line :p , Red for Trainers, and Pink for special edition/ fundraising etc.

I would think that the earthier and muted tones would sell better than the louder more garish colours.... for the general population anyway. I'd be more inclined to purchase a Tan colour than say a bright orange colour (for EDC - collection purposes aside ;) )
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Teal/Aquamarine, Gray, Cerulean. I dont know anything about frn but if possible a metallic gold or silver would look cool.

Edit: Metallic powder blue.
My :spyder:'s: Tan M4 Manix!, P'kal, Rock Salt, Pink Endura CE, Orange Moran, USN Endura, Bug, Honeybee, FRN Cricket.
RICHAR

Post by RICHAR »

1. Olive drab
2. Desert tan
3. Grey
4. Light blue
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

sal wrote:

I know most of you ar afi's, but our interest is in what the "general" market might like.

I need your input on 3 or 4 colors with which to test these flat ground versions.

sal

I find it funny that the colors we have picked are all over the spectrum. People want anything from dark blue and other cool colors to toxic green, two-tone, and orange.

For the "general" market I think many of these colors would be seen as repulsive and more importantly would not be purchased if put next to a Blue/Black/Brown/Grey competitor.

Sorry to call some of your babies ugly. There are plenty of freaky AFI models to get in a wild spectrum of colors (for everyone else Duracoat makes a ton of different paints which work on FRN). The Delica/Endura is the "meat and potatoes" line that pays the utilities bill for Spyderco and thus is a very huge business decision.

I personally think such a decision should be given to a focus group of people ranging in age from 15 to 55 randomly plucked from a local mall (or set up a booth in a cutlery shop that gets walk-by traffic...most those people are pretty naive as well). Again, as a status quo business decision these people could care less about compression locks, AFI steels, and wild colors. ****, give them each a $10 Starbucks card and send them on their way. It's a cheap price for unbiased market research.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Scarlet, lime green, a very vivid purple .. I'll see if I can find some Pantones
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

*bump*

Really wanting to know what colors sal comes up with for these. Didn't want the thread to sink to the bottom.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

any news on the colors he chose yet?? :)
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Still down for a lime green, safety orange, dodo blue, and a red ;)
Not so much on the brown for me :o

Colors for the general public could be a grey, orange, maybe a darker blue?

I know some people don't care for the brighter colors but the NKP I have shown my colored spydies too really took a liking to them :D
Vic
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

I would still like to see dark colors such as Navy Blue, Coyote Tan, Burgundy, and Dark Gray along with one bright color such as Orange or Toxic Green
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much for al of the input. We'll be selecting colors soon.

sal
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Sal,your the greatest. :)
Tom Krein

Post by Tom Krein »

I personally would like to see a dark earth brown. Something that would match the dark brown magpul stuff.

I would choose a dark brown over a lighter tan color as it will show dirt less.

I think this would be a popular color here in the states, but I think it would be a HIT with the military. Dark brown goes equally well with desert tan or woodland camo. Do a blacked out blade and hardware and this would be BAD ***!

Just my opinion. We will most likely LOVE what ever you come out with!

Looking forward to it.

THANKS!

Tom
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Orange, please!!!!!!!
whovey

Post by whovey »

With all due respect to those who want a rainbow of colors, it is not for everyone. Stainless is always in fashion, and black goes with everything. That's why they sell the best.
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Tom Krein wrote:I personally would like to see a dark earth brown. Something that would match the dark brown magpul stuff.

Dark brown goes equally well with desert tan or woodland camo. Do a blacked out blade and hardware and this would be BAD ***!

Tom
Ok, that type of brown I would really like as well! I just don't like the lighter brown and tan stuff. I would really like it if it had the black blade and hardware as well :D
Vic
burningpit

Post by burningpit »

I would personally like to see the following colors:
Charcoal or Gunmetal Grey
Jade Green
Tan or a Coyote Brown
Burnt Orange
:spyder: Collector Club #092 :spyder:
Random Chance

Post by Random Chance »

I think Coyote Brown (or Dark Earth or whatever name is given to that color) would be an outstanding choice.

Orange might be good also, would look more like a tool and not so frightening to the sheeple.

Inidgo blue would match my jeans pretty well for EDC.