NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by MacLaren »

Hey guys, sorry I've been absent. My Uncle, whom I'm pretty close with had an accident and is now in the hospital.
I'm - the docs are thinking he will be alright. We shall see.
At any rate, I'll get back here asap.
Just wanna say regarding Eli, I think he should be elected to the HOF. Mainly because he did beat Brady, not once but twice in the Super Bowl. No one else can say that. ****, besides Manning, only the Eagles have defeated Brady in the Super Bowl.
Also, what else gets him in, for me anyways, is his streak at starting games. Pretty impressive to be sure.
See yall in a few. Hopefully sooner!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 pm
Hey guys, sorry I've been absent. My Uncle, whom I'm pretty close with had an accident and is now in the hospital.
Just wanna say regarding Eli, I think he should be elected to the HOF. Mainly because he did beat Brady, not once but twice in the Super Bowl. No one else can say that. ****, besides Manning, only the Eagles have defeated Brady in the Super Bowl.
Also, what else gets him in, for me anyways, is his streak at starting games. Pretty impressive to be sure.
Hoping for the best for your uncle Paul! You know we're always here whenever you need.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:37 pm
This is too funny! The Chiefs are about to play in a Superbowl and you still cant stop talking about the Patriots! LOL :D
I guess thats what happens when you redefine the word "Dominate" and set the standard of excellence in the league for two straight decades.

-

Eli Manning should absolutely not be in the Hall of Fame, but he basically already has a ticket in because of his last name.

He's a .500 QB, has led the league in interceptions THREE times, and when you look at it completely objectively, he completed the luckiest pass in the history of Superbowls. Honestly, he's been a decent QB over the years but not a hall of famer in my opinion.
Yeah it is getting to be like a daytime "soap opera" isn't it :D What's interesting is the a huge percentage of the Chief's fans are avid haters of the Oakland (now Las Vegas) Raiders. But over the years many of the Chief's fans have chose to cast their dispersions against either the Broncos and/or the Patriots. And that's kind of a recent development too.

It's not so much as a malicious hatred as it is an outright heated rivalry. For many years it was actually not safe for Raiders fans to even show up at ARROWHEAD Stadium. But the KC Police put a stop to all of that and arrested several fans back in the 90s for their abuse of the Raiders fans who attended games at ARROWHEAD Stadium. But to this day if Raiders, Broncos or Patriots fans show up at ARROWHEAD Stadium they do get a very cold shoulder.

Now me and my nephew were at a huge game against the 49ers oddly enough a few years back and we got seats smack dabb in the middle of a bunch of 49ers fans. All of a sudden I now realized why we got those tickets at such a great price :rolleyes: . But the 49ers fans were actually good folks as it turned out and I ended up enjoying my time with them. Oh well it's all just entertainment anyway. I hope no one is taking this thread as "brain surgery serious :rolleyes:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 pm
My prayers for your uncle for sure. I've had so many dear friends and family members die in the past five years that believe me I can and do feel your pain and concerns. There was about a 5 year period that I thought I was about to become a professional pallbearer :confused:

Yeah Eli should be in the HOF. I don't think there is even any valid argument that can be made against that one. I think he was even a MVP in one of those Superbowls against the Evil Empire but I'm not 100% for sure. He should have been if he wasn't. No he's not nearly the QB his brother or dad were. But he was good enough to be a true franchise QB. I also think Kurt Warner should get those honors as well. I do respect both of them immensely.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I know Kobe's accident has really dominated the press lately, and rightfully so...but the NFL lost a great HOF member far to soon in Chris Doleman. It's sad to see his passing taking a bit of a backseat. I remember being a young kid and that guy just dominating the defensive side of the ball for Vikings. I actually used to like the Vikings in video games because he was so fast and powerful! Very sad news, and I'm happy to have been able to witness his greatness.

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:59 pm
I know Kobe's accident has really dominated the press lately, and rightfully so...but the NFL lost a great HOF member far to soon in Chris Doleman. It's sad to see his passing taking a bit of a backseat. I remember being a young kid and that guy just dominating the defensive side of the ball for Vikings. I actually used to like the Vikings in video games because he was so fast and powerful! Very sad news, and I'm happy to have been able to witness his greatness.
The Vikings have had a rich history of great players over the years. Two of my all time favorite Viking running backs were Robert Smith and Chuck Foreman. Not to mention the awesome QB in Fran Tarkenton. Don't forget the Vikings bringing us Randy Moss. The Vikings have been a lot like the Chiefs in many ways because of all the disappointing loses in crucial games.

I really liked the two years that Brett Favre played with them. Oh did I mention Randy Moss's mentor Cris Carter :cool:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Here we are just two days before Superbowl LIV. The most recent injury report I've heard that virtually everyone on the roster is healthy with the exception of three guys that had season ending injuries like Juan Thornhill, the new DE Ogbah and Chad Henne ( back up QB). But Chris Jones is doing really well I'm told.

This Superbowl really looks like a very even up contest. I would not bet anything on who is going to win it. I'm not going out on a limb on this one even though many in the sports media are giving the Chiefs a slight edge. But on the other hand many retired, veteran ex-players are saying that the 49ers are going to take it.

I will predict this however>> I do believe it's going to take over 35 points to win the Superbowl. Both defenses are looking good. And both QBs had great seasons this year. I'm sure it will be in the last 2 minutes of the game before we know who is going to be crowned NFL Champion. I do think this will be one of the better Superbowls in recent history.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, people seem to overlook the Cheifs defense.
I hope the 49ers dont, or else KC may run away with this thing!
That being said, I dont think theres anyway the 49ers will overlook anything regarding the Chiefs. I think it will be a very close game.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:32 pm
That being said, I dont think theres anyway the 49ers will overlook anything regarding the Chiefs. I think it will be a very close game.
That's exactly what they were saying on the big Sports Radio station WHB here in KC. Most every commentator were all saying that this game would be decided in less than 6 points regardless of who wins. However Patrick Mahomes when he is the QB he has never lost a game by over 5 points in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

One scenario would be if the Chiefs draw blood really early which they don't do most of the time>> if they would come out with a 14-0 or 17-0 lead in the first quarter I doubt if the 49ers could catch them. Mahomes and the Chiefs do have a lot going for them on offense and their defense has really improved especially since we got Terrell Suggs. Even people who are not big football fans here in the KC area are just super excited about the Chiefs finally got to the Superbowl. If Mahomes wins this one I don't think any team will stop him for a long time if they could keep these great receivers he currently has. The Chief's receivers are literally a world class track team when you look at their times. I still can't get over Mahomes keeping his composure in that playoff game with the Texans. Had that been Alex Smith getting that far behind that game would have been lost for sure.

The Chiefs finally got a premier QB and I hope that they got sense enough to keep him happy.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:57 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:32 pm
That's exactly what they were saying on the big Sports Radio station WHB here in KC. Most every commentator were all saying that this game would be decided in less than 6 points regardless of who wins. However Patrick Mahomes when he is the QB he has never lost a game by over 5 points in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

One scenario would be if the Chiefs draw blood really early which they don't do most of the time>> if they would come out with a 14-0 or 17-0 lead in the first quarter I doubt if the 49ers could catch them. Mahomes and the Chiefs do have a lot going for them on offense and their defense has really improved especially since we got Terrell Suggs. Even people who are not big football fans here in the KC area are just super excited about the Chiefs finally got to the Superbowl. If Mahomes wins this one I don't think any team will stop him for a long time if they could keep these great receivers he currently has. The Chief's receivers are literally a world class track team when you look at their times. I still can't get over Mahomes keeping his composure in that playoff game with the Texans. Had that been Alex Smith getting that far behind that game would have been lost for sure.

The Chiefs finally got a premier QB and I hope that they got sense enough to keep him happy.
JD, I predict the Cheifs to win because of one man
And, that's Patrick Mahomes
And, really the Chiefs should win. Mahomes, with all those weapons, should really win this game in my opinion.
Of course, the 18-0 Patriots SHOULDVE defeated the NY Giants.
We shall know Sunday night my friend.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I predict the score to be 23-20 and to be decided in overtime.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:18 pm
I predict the score to be 23-20 and to be decided in overtime.
So let me get this right SpyderGirl :D You've got the Chiefs at 23 and the 49ers at 20 correct??? OK that's what I thought you said :D

Truly if I have my way about it want to see a total blowout>> my hope is for the Chiefs to score like 47 and hold the niners to 10. But I rarely get a lot of my extreme/fantasy wishes. But we'll know on Sunday night about 9:30pm CST. I'll either be depressed as a sick dog or I'll be singing "Glory Hallelujah!!">> there probably won't be anything in between :rolleyes: .

But this may be the most evenly matched Superbowl we've had in a while. But with the brain power of Eric Bieniemy and Andy Reid I think the Chiefs have a pretty good shot at it. OK let the waiting begin :rolleyes:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Alright guys the over and under for how many times JD goes to the store during the game is 3...I'm taking the over! :p
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:17 am
Alright guys the over and under for how many times JD goes to the store during the game is 3...I'm taking the over! :p
Hahaha, he's gassing up his car as we speak! Good for him, such a great feeling of excitement and terror leading up to the SuperBowl when your team is playing!

Thankfully for me as a Giants fan, when we won our two against the Pats...I wasn't expecting to win either so it was a bit less stressful and then and even more exciting outcome :D

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Exciting day for him for sure!
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Absolutely!! Being favored always adds a bit more pressure, but their built for this!

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:17 am
JD is going to a Superbowl party he was invited to last night. I probably won't get to go to the store to implement my secret weapon on this game. But hopefully I won't need it if Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill have great games.

I look for the Chief's defense to be ferocious today. Irrespective of who wins I do think it will be one of the better Superbowls in recent memory. Just the fact that Lord Brady ain't playing is just wonderful :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I just heard a rumor that Jon Gruden and the now Las Vegas Raiders are going to try to sign with Lord Brady :eek: Say it ain't so :eek: That would put him in our division :rolleyes:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Best of luck Joe!! We're pulling for ya!! Been a long time coming, I cant imagine the wait for this opportunity.

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dang it, I meant to wish Joe the best of luck too.
So, best of luck, my good friend JD!!