SHOT Show 2016 Videos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Re: SHOT Show 2016 Videos

Post by Johnnie1801 »

farnorthdan wrote:That's what I was tinking, any idea what shipping h might be, I've never bought anything from the EU
I'm guessing it will be around $25 maybe a little more depending on exchange rates. If you order make sure you do it by email, as US citizens you are not eligible for UK VAT (you'll get 20% off the listed price) and when it arrives in the States I don't think you have any import duties or tax to pay. The same goes for Canadians but I think you might have some import duty and tax to pay.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
swigert

Post by swigert »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:That's what I was tinking, any idea what shipping h might be, I've never bought anything from the EU
I'm guessing it will be around $25 maybe a little more depending on exchange rates. If you order make sure you do it by email, as US citizens you are not eligible for UK VAT (you'll get 20% off the listed price) and when it arrives in the States I don't think you have any import duties or tax to pay. The same goes for Canadians but I think you might have some import duty and tax to pay.

I forgot he is in the UK. It will be interesting to see how that one sells.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

If the Vallottons, Butch and Rainy will offer D/A conversions of the new Vallotton i'm game. If not, i'm not :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
Thanks Jon, I will keep that in mind. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

I'm surprised there aren't any firsthand reports from forum users who attended the Shot Show... Want to hear from anyone who got to see (and touch) the PM3. :)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

farnorthdan wrote:
RamZar wrote:Lots of new Compression Lock folders in the works!

Here's a list of current (first three) and upcoming Spyderco folders with Compression Lock:
  1. ParaMilitary2
  2. Szabo folder
  3. Yojimbo2
  4. WolfSpyder
  5. ATR
  6. Sage 5
  7. Minuteman
  8. Ouroboros
  9. Lil’ Temperance 2
  10. Shaman
I'd like to add one more to your list Ramzar, the ray mears wolfspyder, we haven't heard a whole lot about this one but is looks interesting.
Added it. Somehow forgot even though it was even in the catalog!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Also, while I'm glad to have a compression lock Sage 5, I think they could have been more inventive with the handle material. I mean, really, carbon fiber and black G10 are way over used. I would have liked to see something a little more interesting, like C-Tek, Kirinite, or even wood.
Agreed, they should have done something to make it visually a bit more different from the Sage 1. At least the Sage 3 CF uses a different pattern. I would like to see the Sage 5, if it's going to use G-10/fiber, use either a non black fiber (silver, green, yellow, etc.) like Kevlar or aluminized fiberglass (solid or laminate), or do something like the blue weave CF they used on the Domino limited run. Cost-wise, these would be quite similar to the CF/G-10 they're going to use, but gives it a different look. I think C-Tek, Kirinite, or wood, while looking cool, might add a moderately significant price increase due to material cost and complexity of machining.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
vivi

Post by vivi »

wolfgaze wrote:I'm surprised there aren't any firsthand reports from forum users who attended the Shot Show... Want to hear from anyone who got to see (and touch) the PM3. :)
What? There's a Para3 in the works? Any more info?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

jabba359 wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:Also, while I'm glad to have a compression lock Sage 5, I think they could have been more inventive with the handle material. I mean, really, carbon fiber and black G10 are way over used. I would have liked to see something a little more interesting, like C-Tek, Kirinite, or even wood.
Agreed, they should have done something to make it visually a bit more different from the Sage 1. At least the Sage 3 CF uses a different pattern. I would like to see the Sage 5, if it's going to use G-10/fiber, use either a non black fiber (silver, green, yellow, etc.) like Kevlar or aluminized fiberglass (solid or laminate), or do something like the blue weave CF they used on the Domino limited run. Cost-wise, these would be quite similar to the CF/G-10 they're going to use, but gives it a different look. I think C-Tek, Kirinite, or wood, while looking cool, might add a moderately significant price increase due to material cost and complexity of machining.
Yup, +1
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

Back on track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POFvVmphQsY
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

Scroop wrote:Back on track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POFvVmphQsY
Great interview...
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

Vivi wrote:
wolfgaze wrote:I'm surprised there aren't any firsthand reports from forum users who attended the Shot Show... Want to hear from anyone who got to see (and touch) the PM3. :)
What? There's a Para3 in the works? Any more info?
Reportedly, there is a prototype for this model... See post #2 in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

I really enjoyed that interview... :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

That was a great interview, I like that Sal and Eric are real down to earth folks and seem very humble. I also like what they said about working for the end user, these guys get it.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
sabb8pro2

Post by sabb8pro2 »

Great interview. Great guys. Great company. Is anyone familiar with the 1st knife Sal was carrying? I think he called it a "Caribbean". Looks like a leaf-shaped blade and a compression lock?!
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

sabb8pro2 wrote:Great interview. Great guys. Great company. Is anyone familiar with the 1st knife Sal was carrying? I think he called it a "Caribbean". Looks like a leaf-shaped blade and a compression lock?!
I'm also very curious about that knife! Was that an impromptu knife reveal? Sounds promising.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Sal really is the king of casual bombshells. Just sneaks 'em in there like a bit of flatulation in an elevator. ;)
- best wishes, Jazz.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

He said the Caribbean was made with LC200N. High end Salt? Looks like it might be a compression lock with FRN scales.

Last edited by Liquid Cobra on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I'm in for a Caribbean! It almost looked like a Manix 2, but it was definitely a Compression Lock.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thanks for posting the video, Scroop. That was my favorite interview from SHOT. Very well done. :) It is neat to see the special relationship that is shared between Sal and Eric--not to mention their passion for designing and making high quality knives.

The Caribbean in LC200N has my full attention. I like the sea-foam green (FRN?) handle scales too. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal