hdhsjkskdnf

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Evil D

hdhsjkskdnf

Post by Evil D »

Jsjdjdndnnr

OK, weird. I think my account has been hacked. I couldn't post and got a message that said my IP has been blacklisted and wanted me to go to some website???
Donut

Re: hdhsjkskdnf

Post by Donut »

Wow, crazy!

I was going to post to see if I was having issues.

I assume everything is working okay now.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah pretty weird, Kristi PM'ed me though so she's on it. I was on my cell and had to reboot to make it go away. My understanding is that cell phones are constantly changing IP addresses? So maybe that's what got me back to posting...Idk.

Here's a screen shot of the message I was getting. I couldn't post to any thread but I was able to PM people.

Donut

Post by Donut »

That's kind of odd that they would hand out the IP that ends with .1 , usually that's reserved for routers and stuff.

According to the link, a huge range of addresses are black listed. Someone could have been using a cell phone or one of those mobile hotspots to do some sort of spam fraud.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

You know how the forum server goes into slow motion between about midnight and 12:10 AM every night? Well, something like that happened to me this afternoon. Naturally that always happens just as I'm posting, so little activity indicator just spins indefinitely. I finally gave up and came back a couple of hours later. The post finally went through, but a signature change I was doing didn't take. Maybe there was a hit on the server when the IP related event happened.

I was also posting on the new Endura thread when it happened.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

For anyone interested, this wasn't a hack. The website linked is a legit site. The IP was apparently blocked but it has to do with my cell provider. So, no big deal, just threw me off and I wanted to make sure everything was ok.

Thanks Kristi for the help :D