Endura/Delica Question...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Shards of Narsil

Endura/Delica Question...

Post by Shards of Narsil »

Are Enduras and Delicas considered to be MBC ready or is it just that you are likely to have one on you? Just wondering...

Shards
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Shards:

The Delica and Endura are, in my opinion, very "MBC worthy." Having carried both models for many years and used them hard, I am convinced that I could rely on them in a defensive situation. The fact that they are available in training versions tips the scales hard in their favor. That they are also reasonably priced enough to be "ditchable" is an extra bonus.

Stay safe,

mike j
glockman99

Post by glockman99 »

I think that the (fully-serrated) Endura is one of Spyderco's best MBC folders...However, I don't believe that Spyderco considers it a true MBC folder, based on it's lock.

Dann Fassnacht Aberdeen, WA glockman99@hotmail.com ICQ: 53675663
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Glcokman:

You are correct. That's why I consider the Endura (and the Delica) "MBC worthy," even though they're not, by Spyderco's standards, "MBC rated" when it comes to locks. The MBC rating is a good thing and a very ambitious standard. If I had the choice, I would want all my defensive knives to meet that standard. However, that does not mean that knives with lesser lock performance are not suitable or trustworthy as MBC tools.

Stay safe,

mike j
Shards of Narsil

Post by Shards of Narsil »

Thanks Mr Janich, glockman99,

I was going through a Spyderco catalogue, and the MBC section included Enduras and Delicas. I knew that their locks were not MBC-rated and so I was wondering.

I have a Native which I'd probably trust the most over my Calypso Jr. and Pro-Grip, which are a little too small in my opinion. I've been thinking of an Endura or a Delica and now I just may get one!

Shards