Fake sharpmaker

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Laethageal

Fake sharpmaker

Post by Laethageal »

Well now those **** chinese added a copy of the sharpmaker to their list... Even listed as a copy on aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Copy-Spy ... 39231.html

This is getting absurd.
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Ok, this stuff is just going too far...
Copying successful models is one thing,
but this is a whole new level of sad.

I would love for all those bogus factory's to burn to the ground.
Minus the people working there :p
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Freman

Post by Freman »

It was seeing one of these advertised that convinced me to go and buy a genuine Sharpmaker.

Very good for kitchen knives.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Well the acid test is if the thing work like the real deal.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

akapennypincher wrote:Well the acid test is if the thing work like the real deal.
I can think of several appropriate responses to your post, but none of them are things I would say on this forum, or any other aside from the Whine & Cheese area of bladeforums. Image Image Image Image Image
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
akapennypincher

Well if the TRUTH HURTS I am sorry it is the TRUTH. The Chinese are copying, making better, and counterfeiting every thing they can.

Take your complain to the US Customs Service Officer who is charged with stopping knock off from coming into the USA.

Also a Patient, Trade Mark, or Copyright is only as good as the amount of money the owner to defend it.

It is said imitation is the highest from of flattery, and this has been going on for years. One manufacturer seeing an idea, and copying that idea, and in some cases improving on it.

Designer show their new line at the market, someone take a photos, and copies of Designer Clothing show up with in weeks at discount shops less, the designer label.

Got to most major US Cities and browse the shop that cater to tourists, or street corner merchant. you will find copies of designer women's purses, and the look a like will look like the real deal Coach hand bag. Than you got knock off Oakley Sun glass, and NFL, MLB, and other knock off sport jerseys, and team memorabilia.

That is just the way it is till the COP who police this problem get on the job, and do their job. No I am not trying to bust your B***S, just tell you the truth.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

akapennypincher wrote:Well if the TRUTH HURTS I am sorry it is the TRUTH. The Chinese are copying, making better, and counterfeiting every thing they can.

Take your complain to the US Customs Service Officer who is charged with stopping knock off from coming into the USA.

Also a Patient, Trade Mark, or Copyright is only as good as the amount of money the owner to defend it.

It is said imitation is the highest from of flattery, and this has been going on for years. One manufacturer seeing an idea, and copying that idea, and in some cases improving on it.

Designer show their new line at the market, someone take a photos, and copies of Designer Clothing show up with in weeks at discount shops less, the designer label.

Got to most major US Cities and browse the shop that cater to tourists, or street corner merchant. you will find copies of designer women's purses, and the look a like will look like the real deal Coach hand bag. Than you got knock off Oakley Sun glass, and NFL, MLB, and other knock off sport jerseys, and team memorabilia.

That is just the way it is till the COP who police this problem get on the job, and do their job. No I am not trying to bust your B***S, just tell you the truth.
Defending patents and/or trademarks goes deeper than the amount of money being put into it. It's about rules and laws the country has to obey for they are responsible for serving justice to its inhabitants. And country's like China aren't the best suited to do so... I'm convinced Spyderco has got better patent defense than most, but you just can't close down factory's in China as easily as America or something. You can block user accounts selling the fakes and try to fine them, but for every salesman selling these replicas, there are a thousand to replace him.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
akapennypincher

DutchBlades wrote:Defending patents and/or trademarks goes deeper than the amount of money being put into it. It's about rules and laws the country has to obey for they are responsible for serving justice to its inhabitants. And country's like China aren't the best suited to do so... I'm convinced Spyderco has got better patent defense than most, but you just can't close down factory's in China as easily as America or something. You can block user accounts selling the fakes and try to fine them, but for every salesman selling these replicas, there are a thousand to replace him.
Above is truth. Not whining.
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

At 30+ usd I can't imagine who'd buy it.
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!
Freman

Post by Freman »

Yes, I got my Sharpmaker for only twice that, and that's fair enough.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Re: Fake sharpmaker

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

It looks like the fake is lacking the logos and the DVD that comes with a real one.