CE Spyderfly

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
v8r

CE Spyderfly

Post by v8r »

Does anyone know if the Spyderfly was ever produced with a combo edge? I have a buddy who is looking at one, but it is combo edge. I can't find any mention of a factory combo edge model. The only info I could find is a few mentions online about some having aftermarket serrations. Can anyone verify this is truly the case?
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Spyderco never offered any version of the SpyderFly, SmallFly, or Szabofly with a serrated or part-serrated blade. The knife your buddy is looking at is either a fake, or an aftermarket mod. Hard to say which without seeing the knife. I know there are fake SpyderFlies and Rainbow Spyderfles, but all I've ever seen of those were plain edged as well, so aftermarket serrations are a definite possibility.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
v8r

Post by v8r »

Thanks Deacon. It looks completely legitimate except for the serrations. If it's a fake it is super nice quality.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
rycen

Re:

Post by rycen »

The Deacon wrote:Spyderco never offered any version of the SpyderFly, SmallFly, or Szabofly with a serrated or part-serrated blade. The knife your buddy is looking at is either a fake, or an aftermarket mod. Hard to say which without seeing the knife. I know there are fake SpyderFlies and Rainbow Spyderfles, but all I've ever seen of those were plain edged as well, so aftermarket serrations are a definite possibility.
rycen

Re: CE Spyderfly

Post by rycen »

Welcome. You're mixing up the smallfly with the spyderfly.