Last Spyderco purchased in 2014

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Last Spyderco purchased in 2014

Post by jackknifeh »

There are several threads referencing the new year or the past year. So of course here's another one. :) Let's see who bought the last Spyderco in 2014!? I just ordered the Dyad sprint. I placed the order at 8:31pm. Just looked at my confirmation email and it was sent at 8:31pm. This is central standard time for the record. HEY, that brings up the time zone issue. I don't even want to think about that right now. :)

Anyone else want to squish another Spydie into 2014? Maybe a bug or something? I think there should be a prize for the winner. The prize will be a package in a few days. :) I'd say everyone will be a winner.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Even if you don't get another knife. :)

Jack
gbelleh

Re: Last Spyderco purchased in 2014

Post by gbelleh »

My last Spydie purchase of 2014 was a khaki Kahr Delica. It should arrive on Friday. As a daily Kahr PM9 carrier for almost 10 years now, I've put off buying one of those for too long. I still plan to get the blue one too.
:bug-red-white
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I received (not purchased) my Hungarian today at 4:30pm via UPS.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

TomAiello wrote:I received (not purchased) my Hungarian today at 4:30pm via UPS.
First time taking a closer look at that knife. Looks really nice. How does it feel in your hand. Looks like a very comfortable handle. In the picture it looks like a round handle instead of having flat sides.

Congrats on the knife. In addition to the interesting handle it has XHP. Great steel IMO.

Jack
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Just purchased a dragonfly H1 SE from amazon still going for $39.99, already had one but darn good knife. Got another just for the **** of it. My last knife purchase for 2014 confirmation sent at 9:41pm central time 12/31/2014.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
762cal

Post by 762cal »

Titanium Damascus Delica... I see one in stock for a decent price and now they are regular production!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I bought a NIB caly jr yesterday off blade forums. I'll probably pick it up Friday or Saturday :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
MarsUSMC

Post by MarsUSMC »

I was able to squeeze in a NIB Earth Brown PM2 and a NIB plain edge, satin finish Embassy :) I can't wait to handle those beauties!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

MarsUSMC wrote:I was able to squeeze in a NIB Earth Brown PM2 and a NIB plain edge, satin finish Embassy :) I can't wait to handle those beauties!
Great squeezes Mars and welcome to the forum.

I assume you are or used to be in the Marine corps. I thank you for your efforts and service. My Dad was in the corps for 22 years. Saw the Korean "conflict" and Viet Nam "police action" both. I was in the Air Force. Please don't laugh (out loud). :)

Jack
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'm not competing, but I finally bought a Para Military 2 about a month ago. I'd gone without an EDC for several months after losing my beloved Stretch & Dragonfly, and finally bit the bullet. The PM2, as well as the year 2014, mark my return to the forum! Although I have less access to knives now (I used to work in a knife shop), I'll still do my best to give more than I take.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
MattM68

Post by MattM68 »

My last purchase was a Gen 1 Delica PE in Aus 8, and I bought that earlier today at my local hardware store. And on Monday I got my Blue 204P Domino. I love all these New Years threads! :)
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Lil' Lionspy on the 16th was my last Spyderco purchase, but I will be getting two tomorrow! :)
MarsUSMC

Post by MarsUSMC »

jackknifeh wrote:
MarsUSMC wrote:I was able to squeeze in a NIB Earth Brown PM2 and a NIB plain edge, satin finish Embassy :) I can't wait to handle those beauties!
Great squeezes Mars and welcome to the forum.

I assume you are or used to be in the Marine corps. I thank you for your efforts and service. My Dad was in the corps for 22 years. Saw the Korean "conflict" and Viet Nam "police action" both. I was in the Air Force. Please don't laugh (out loud). :)

Jack
Thanks for the warm welcome! I just got into knives this year and Spyderco didn't take long to grab a lot of attention from me. I'm still in the Corps right now, currently in Okinawa, Japan. Thank you and your father for your service, at the end of the day we're all brothers in arms making the big machine work so we can continue to enjoy our little pleasures such as these wonderful Spyderco knives :) Happy New Year!
itchy243mhz

Post by itchy243mhz »

My last Spyerderco this year was a pink dragonfly for my wife as a Christmas gift.

MarsUSMC, if I could have a wish today, it would be to be on the Rock tonight.

Semper Fidelis
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Caly3.5 for like $105 shipped. I feel like an idiot for not getting one sooner. :(
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Last one for 2014 was a BNIB.....wait for it.........Rock Lobster, never thought one of these would be part of my collection.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I bought a Centofante3 on amazon for $46 a couple of weeks ago. Super excited to finally have a sibling for my Centofante4. :)

Bought a Ladybug hawkbill about a week before that.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hmm, my last Spydie purchase was a pink Squeak for my wife from Howe's about the 10th of December. :o The good news is that she loves it and has carried it non-stop since opening it on Christmas morning.
DeltaDag

Post by DeltaDag »

Last for the year was a pair of Lil' Matriarchs - I would've gotten ten more but female friends and potential Spydie fans were turned off by the (blah, hohum) basic black of the FRN handles; a purple and especially a pink version for 2015 would be most welcome.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

My last 2014 bought knife is the little ladybug 3 :) I just could not wait unthil next year for another one ;)