Best "Exotic Shape Design" Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Mastiff

Re: Best "Exotic Shape Design" Spyderco?

Post by The Mastiff »

I'll go with the leaf shape Spyderco is known for. Stretch is wonderful. I've often desired a very high performing steel with the blade taken from the "R". The grip design didn't do it for me but the blade shape was pretty much perfect as far as sharpening, slicing, and the usual things I don with my EDC knife, ie: non hard use typically.

joe
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I too love the blade shape of the R model. I like the ergos too. It will never happen with so many successful 3.5s in the lineup but I would love to see more versions of the R come out without the skeletonized blade. I love my R nishijin and would love a g10/zdp version.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I'll add the Gunting to my personal list. Anyone here own one? What do you think of it?
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

The Kris is my favorite unique blade.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

phillipsted wrote:I'll vote for the Tusk - a really cool design that was worth the 20 year wait!
Ted I'm impressed with that TUSK myself but this is another case of Spyderco absolutely confusing the living **** out of me as to why they didn't make this model available in Spyderedge :confused: Because in my most humble opinion I think it's actually a no-brainer that any knife designed for fishermen and/or mariners/sailors should be available in Spyderedge simply because of all the jobs they have with rope and cordage. There are a few models I feel that way about but this one tops them all :rolleyes: :confused: For all you public relations folks at the Great Spyder Factory I hope you're reading this :)

Now on to JD's list of favorite unique and exotic Spyders. The one that just absolutely tops my list and is one of my most favorite Spyders of all time and one I use a lot and that is the C-60 Massad Ayoob model in PE & SE both. It's not only an exotic design but there is so much practicality in the Ayoob model. The Most Recent SPRINT of the Ayoob with the G-10 scales was a home run but again "WHY NOT IN SPYDEREDGE?

My other exotic Spyders I like are the new ULIZE, SPYKER and my good Brother's Adventura model. Again WHY Can't We Have at least one of Spyderco's great Recurves in SPYDEREDGE???

The Dodo goes without saying not to mention it's truly a viable EDC folder and I dare any of you to use it as one. You'll be incredibly impressed.
MarsUSMC

Post by MarsUSMC »

I wouldn't say the best as far as a folder size blade but the Spyderco Khukri is a grail knife to me, that thing is gorgeous!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

These 2 are my favorite "exotic shaped Spydies" and should be considered for the honor of best.

Last edited by xceptnl on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
reo

Post by reo »

Civilian & Dodo
Grail: Native "Operation New Dawn"