Knife Storage

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
colu41

Knife Storage

Post by colu41 »

Where & How do you guys store your knives? I only have 3 Spydercos, not including one Manix2 FFG G10 DLC Blade on the way.. :D, so I just kind of have them in their boxes, (if I'm not carrying them) next to my gun stuff. But I have a feeling within the next year or so I'm going to have a hefty collection, so I'm just curious as how you guys store your knives, and still keep the wives happy.....
Lebowski22

Re: Knife Storage

Post by Lebowski22 »

In the safe, behind the other knives.
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey colu,
Check out the Spyderpac.
They are available in two sizes, the one pictured being the large.
Very convenient and well made.
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
ncrockclimb

Post by ncrockclimb »

I use the Knife Storage Bag by Kershaw. However, I have seen it sold under a number of other brands. It claims to have an 18 knife capacity, but depending on the size of the knives being stored, 8 or 10 knives seems to be a more realistic capacity. Also, unlike the Spyderco offering, it does not have clear windows that allow you to see easily see the knives being stored.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I picked up this from Home Depot. I filled the slots with the foam from the actual boxes that the knives came in. It works pretty well for me. However, if I ever manage to buy a house with some room you can bet that I'll be buying one of the new cases Spyderco makes shown in this years catalog.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I use one of these Plano tackle boxes that I got at Walmart. (Ignore any hints of off-brand knives that you see in there.)

Holland

Post by Holland »

All the ones I use I just throw in a box. All the safe queens stay in the original box and rot in the safe :D

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
colu41

Post by colu41 »

Liquid cobra thats pretty awesome! May look into something like this.
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

I like this - do you possibly have a link to this on HD site...?
Liquid Cobra wrote:I picked up this from Home Depot. I filled the slots with the foam from the actual boxes that the knives came in. It works pretty well for me. However, if I ever manage to buy a house with some room you can bet that I'll be buying one of the new cases Spyderco makes shown in this years catalog.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Wavester wrote:I like this - do you possibly have a link to this on HD site...?
Liquid Cobra wrote:I picked up this from Home Depot. I filled the slots with the foam from the actual boxes that the knives came in. It works pretty well for me. However, if I ever manage to buy a house with some room you can bet that I'll be buying one of the new cases Spyderco makes shown in this years catalog.

Here you go:

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mobile-P ... 203431530/" target="_blank

It's apparently called the "Husky Mobile Pro Organizer with 18 Small Parts Drawer" just in case you need to search for it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Quality is pretty low due to the lack of sunlight as of now,
but you get the idea ;)

Knutty

Post by Knutty »

I use one of the aforementioned Spyderpacs. I have it mounted to the wall using the 3 D-rings it has, with a few of those 3M "Command damage-free" wall hooks. Not as elegant a solution as some, but it has been working well for me.
20141214_125300_BEST.jpg
"We have more metal parts fail than plastic parts. Modern plastics are tough. 'Feeling cheap' may be a false perception and one might need more education. We rarely get a FRN knife back with handle problems and we have millions of them out in daily use. " --Sal Glesser
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Vertically in a pelican case. I tear out the foam cubes for each new knife when it comes in.
Knutty

Post by Knutty »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Wavester wrote:I like this - do you possibly have a link to this on HD site...?

(image snipped)
Here you go:

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mobile-P ... 203431530/" target="_blank

It's apparently called the "Husky Mobile Pro Organizer with 18 Small Parts Drawer" just in case you need to search for it.
Here's the full (rather than mobile) version:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mobile ... /203431530" target="_blank
"We have more metal parts fail than plastic parts. Modern plastics are tough. 'Feeling cheap' may be a false perception and one might need more education. We rarely get a FRN knife back with handle problems and we have millions of them out in daily use. " --Sal Glesser
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

4 droor husky tool box and i put liners in it. Put all my empty boxes in the bottome droor. Its alot deeper

bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Liquid Cobra wrote:one of the new cases Spyderco makes shown in this years catalog
Can you provide a link? I've checked the catalog and didn't find anything about cases.
Knutty

Post by Knutty »

bdblue wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:one of the new cases Spyderco makes shown in this years catalog
Can you provide a link? I've checked the catalog and didn't find anything about cases.
I'm assuming s/he's talking about about this display case:
display.jpg
DelicaDude

Post by DelicaDude »

so I'm just curious as how you guys store your knives, and still keep the wives happy.....
In a drawer in our bedroom, right next to my wife's knives. Keeps us both happy.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I've been using the Spyderco SpyderPac for my knife storage.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!