Lost my EDC flashlight (Fenix LD-01)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
wolfgaze

Re: Lost my EDC flashlight (Fenix LD-01)

Post by wolfgaze »

Has anyone had the pleasure of owning & using the Fenix E12? The price seems to keep dropping as it was first around $28 and now down to $22.... I purchased one awhile back and liked it so much I ordered a 2nd one to keep on hand as a future backup...

http://www.amazon.com/Fenix-Flashlights ... =fenix+e12" target="_blank

Runs on (1) AA battery and has 3 different brightness settings activated by a tailcap switch. Lightweight and discreet in the pocket. Fenix quality & durability.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I carry a Peak LED Solutions Eiger pocket with a Mule head with a Nichia 219. Love the QTC and being able to ramp it up. I have two other Eigers......Love these lights.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Amazing how much you use something when you start carrying it that you never carried before. And not carrying it you don't realize how much you would use it. Some people don't carry a pocket knife and never think about it. But when they get one they usually see how often they come in handy. I've known this about pocket knives since I was 12 years old. But until about 3 years ago I never considered a little light as an EDC item that would get used so often. I've found a light to be so useful I got one for my son and daughter-in-law to give them for Christmas. I got them the EagleTac D25C mini. I think James (son) will understand the usefulness of an EDC light but Angela (daughter-in-law) will probably look at it and think "I don't need one of these". I'm betting that opinion will change quickly.

I got my son a Spyderco a few years ago and for a while he was "bitten". :) Now he has 4 or 5 Spyderco's I think but he's not a knife nut. I wonder if he will become a "light nug"? :) He was a pistol nut for a couple of years. Now he has what he likes in the knife and pistol category.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

I know exactly what you mean, Jack. I was the same way with both knives and lights. I've carried a knife since I was way young. 9-10 maybe? Never thought I'd ever carry a light. I had some around, of course, for those few times I'd need one. Then Blake had to go and post that mondo light thread... <sigh> ;)

Now I carry a (at least one) light everywhere I go. I have an RRT01vn clipped in my hoodie while reading at night, in bed. Until I mislaid it, I kept an Eiger clipped to my Tee shirt while sleeping. I find a dozen uses for them every day. I don't think I could EVER go back to not carrying an EDC light.

There aren't many things I find an EDC need for, but knives and lights are definitely among them.

Ken
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I too agree, Jack. I never actually EDC'd a light until later this year (Fenix E05). This little light has seen more use in the past three months than any other light in my meager arsenal. In all honesty, I use this light nearly every single day for some random task or another. The E05 is plenty strong for what I need and is very light-weight and small so it doesn't clutter up my key fob. I may be getting a few more of these to give out as gifts this year. We'll see what happens. :)
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

wolfgaze wrote:Has anyone had the pleasure of owning & using the Fenix E12? The price seems to keep dropping as it was first around $28 and now down to $22.... I purchased one awhile back and liked it so much I ordered a 2nd one to keep on hand as a future backup...

http://www.amazon.com/Fenix-Flashlights ... =fenix+e12" target="_blank

Runs on (1) AA battery and has 3 different brightness settings activated by a tailcap switch. Lightweight and discreet in the pocket. Fenix quality & durability.
Wolfgaze, I carry the E12 every day and it hasn't let me down yet. For me it's not too small and not too big but just right for pocket carry. I carry it deep pocket and leave about an inch of the lanyard poking out of my pocket for easy retrieval.

At that price I'm tempted to get another.

Dan