Carrying multiple Spydercos?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
762cal

Re: Carrying multiple Spydercos?

Post by 762cal »

yes, 1 in my right pants' pocket, and 1 on my bag
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Usually 2 or 3. One in my right front pocket (tip up), one in my left front pocket (tip down), and if the shorts/pants I'm wearing have a watch pocket, then my SE H1 Ladybug hawkbill or Super Blue Manbug rides in there.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Two here, as in my sigline. Smaller one clipless in bottom of LFP; larger one clipped inside edge of RFP.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Trout Hound

Post by Trout Hound »

You mean people only carry one knife at a time? That is the saddest thing I have ever heard. :D

As soon as the piggy bank fills back up, my plan is to move my Delica 4 combo edge from waistband to neck sheath, and get a FFG Delica for my right pocket. Don't worry though, that will still be in addition to my Buck 301, LM Wave, and a cheap SAK clone I keep as a loaner. ("Do you have any knives or anything in your pockets sir?" "Actually, officer, it might me easier if you just take my pants off.")

I believe I remember Mike Janich posting that his EDC was 2 Delicas and an Endura. Endura is probably swapped for a Yo2 now, I would imagine.
A sharp knife is a pleasure to carry. Five or six sharp knives are an even greater pleasure.

Trout Hound
Willamette

Post by Willamette »

Two; one Dragonfly for lighter tasks around NKP and an Endura for heavier tasks.

The same Dragonfly has been on duty for coming on twenty years. The Endura only for about eight years and was adopted when I was looking for a defensive weapon while carrying thousands of dollars of camera equipment on federal lands where firearms were not permitted. Now I'm living on a farm and both tools have been put to work nearly every day of the week without fail.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I've tried a few times to get into the habit to carry both a PE and SE Spyderco, but it's not working for me. :o It just feels like overkill.

I typically have a Victorinox Pioneer LFP, and a 3-4 inch PE Spyderco RFP. This combo handles everything I need on a daily basis. I do carry a spare SAK and spare Spyderco (SE Military) in my bag, but I rarely need them, maybe once or twice a year.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

SpydieWrench in my bag and usually one 2.5-3.5" PE folder. I sometimes add a SE Salt for dirty work.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Around the house - 1 or 2 midsize, or a midsize and Manbug

Out and about - Large (usually Endura) in RBP, midsize in RFP, ZDP Ladybug on keys, and Manbug (SB or ZDP) in watch pocket

Work - Salt 1 in RBP, various midsize (rotate) in RFP, Manbug in RFP, Ladybug in LFP, SAK in LBP, and an old style (far superior) Leatherman Wave on belt
- best wishes, Jazz.
DM11

Post by DM11 »

I usually have at least two some times more. At the moment it is a Military or Police and a Ladybug.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I used to carry a Zulu and a cricket. Because i loved the way these knives are the complete opposite of each other. (recurve)

Now i try to limit it to 1. Or a small folder and a multitool. Just because of the space they take up in your pockets.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

villageidiot wrote:I use a Dragonfly for most work it's small size doesn't draw much attention. I also have on my person a Military at all times for bigger task.
I approve this message. It is also my plan once the stupid mail comes through.

Although it is more of a I like the Dragonfly then a issue with people being put off at work. Where I work I play with my Millie all the time and no one even cares.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
David from NC

Post by David from NC »

Delica inside pants pocket
Endura inside vest or jacket pocket

Both FFG FRN...have pair in grey and pair in black (Also have [pair in G10 but never carry)
Captain Mendoza

Post by Captain Mendoza »

Generally, I carry a PE and a SE in rear pockets, plus a Leatherman Micra on keychain.

Current PE options are Ulize, Para 2, CaraCara 2.
Current SE options are Civilian, Rescue 2, Hawkbill.
Knutty

Post by Knutty »

I normally carry my Karahawk when I leave home, for obvious reasons, but carry something else when I'm at home. I've been considering carrying the Karahawk and another one... (Stretch, Delica4, Native5, Domino, Manix2, the list goes on and on.) I know that one of the owners of a popular online knife shop carries two Enduras on his person... (omitting the name so people don't think I'm whoring).
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Military S90V CF scales PE, Cricket VG10 CF scale PE, Cricket VG10 SS scales SE, Native S30V Pink FRN scales PE, Manbug VG10 Black FRN scales PE, Dragonfly VG10 Black FRN scales PE. This was just today's carry items. I will add an Endura to show a co-worker tomorrow. :)
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Usually carrying my Strider SnG clipped in the RFP. Manbug in LFP and either the Tusk or another mid size Spydie clipped to LFP or left cargo pocket...
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

I have a SE Ladybug and a small leatherman on my key chain and a CE blacked out delica with a full size leathermanin my work bag. That is four without even trying on a regular workd day. Along with that I may carry a clipless DFly or Chapparral.

Around the house it is minimum two. SE or CE and a PE, assorted.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I almost always have at least two Spydies on me at any given time. Today it is a SS Balance in my pocket and my Micarta Elmax in my bag.

TedP
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

I carry a Techno, Carbon Fiber Balance, Dog Tag and Black Hawkbill Spyderco Ladybug.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

This is what I'm carrying this weekend. :)