New to formum

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jec

New to formum

Post by Jec »

I carried a first version Delica since 91 or 92. A high school buddy of mine joined the Navy and brought a few back telling me about what a great knife it was. I thought it was the weirdest looking knife I had ever seen with the serrated blade and I didn't carry it at first and just used it around the house, but I kept getting in situations where I realized that one handed opening really made sense. And tell me I'm not the only one that carried an early spyderco and didn't realize what the pocket clip was for?? I think I carried it for 2 years before I saw someone with a knife clip sticking out of their pocket before I realized that it was meant to be clipped to the pocket!
I just lost my 1st delica this summer canoeing. The plastic clip broke and I had it clipped to the outside of my swim trunks. That was the only Spyderco I owned all these years and that is how I found this site looking for another Spyderco. I had just used the knife, never did any research on them or looking them up. I only found one knife shop in my area that carries them, so I picked up a new plain black delica and a Super Blue Stretch. I bought the delica to use and just bought the stretch on a whim to put back/collect or for a backup.
Serrated edges have really grown on me and I've seen some knives in my research with faded and worn black blades and I really like the look of those, so I ordered a black delica with the half serrated black blade that should arrive any day.