Carrying multiple Spydercos?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderEdgeForever

Carrying multiple Spydercos?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Does anyone here carry multiple (two or more) Spyderco knives on their person at a time? I will sometimes carry the Endura, Saber Grind for the larger one, or a Pacific Salt, in addition to the Native. What would be the maximum amount you could comfortably carry in your pocket or clipped to yourself? Like, has anyone here ever gone for more than five or ten of them ?
Blerv

Re: Carrying multiple Spydercos?

Post by Blerv »

I have a Manbug and flashlight on a dangler clip in my left pocket and a larger knife in my right. A 9+ oz flashlight in my coat pocket. It's a nice variety of blades and lights.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Most day's I carry 2 knives. One in my front right and one in my front left. I would also like to start carrying a third, preferably a small fixed blade in the small of my back.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Unless I'm going into Greenville, where there's a 3" blade limit, there's a Stretch in my back pocket and a Kiwi in my watch pocket. If I'm not just out walking in the development, there's also a Jester with my car keys. On those days that I go downtown, the Stretch gets replaced by either a Chaparral or a Centofante Memory.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Invective

Post by Invective »

I've been carrying a DogTag folder on my keychain since I got it about a month ago, and usually have at least one other Spydie in my pocket, lately it's been a 2013 Forum Native or just the FlatByrd when I have class.

Maximum amount I guess would be three? I have done that before, with the DogTag or Jester clipped to my keysand at the bottom of RFP, then Native5 clipped in RFP and a smaller Spydie like the CoPilot or Spyderco Solo loose in LFP. I'm partial to the FlatByrd though, as it can comfortably sit right next to my phone and hide behind it and not feel awkward.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

It's pretty rare I find a task that I can't do with my general EDC lineup (Manix 2, Tenacious, Ambitious, SOG Visionary). Occasionally I'll pack a a Dragonfly if I think I'll have sheeple issues at work.
villageidiot

Post by villageidiot »

I use a Dragonfly for most work it's small size doesn't draw much attention. I also have on my person a Military at all timesfor bigger task.
On interesting days a Street Bowie fits any need worn under a shirt .
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Most days I carry around 5.

Left front pocket: Ladybug Hawkbill Salt SE (along with a pocket AAA light such as Fenix E05 and Fisher space pen
In waistband: Caly 3.5 CF/ZDP 189, occasionally swapped for a 3" one
Right front pocket: SB Delica or similar size, along with keys
5th pocket: Salt Dragonfly PE, or sometimes cricket or similar size
Right rear pocket: usually rotate among larger knives, Yojimbo/Military/Lum/whatever my mood requires.

Now if I'm outside building a fire or hiking in the woods, I might have fewer (but larger) knives along with a fire steel.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Right now it's whatever my primary EDC is which is currently the S110V Manix 2 LW, and a Ladybug H1/SE hawkbill on my keys. I almost always carry the Ladybug, because for those rare occasions when SE really excels I always have SE with me regardless of what my EDC is. When I carry a SE primary knife, I swap it out for my ZDP Ladybug.
Waco

Post by Waco »

I used to carry a Ladybug Salt and whatever larger knife I picked that day. But I almost always used the larger one. Sometimes I can't decide and leave the house with 2 or 3 knives.
Holland

Post by Holland »

99% of the time I carry two. The bug on my keychain and then one from my signature :)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Almost always carrying multiples on my person, not to mention the ones in my bag or on my keys.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Just one for me. RFP usually. I have a hoody with a ipod holder in the right pocket that fits knives well, and I put it there sometimes.
Nick Herrera

Post by Nick Herrera »

I've always got my DogTag around my neck since I've bought it.

Normally carry 2-3 on a daily basis, although most days it's 2.

At least 1 Superblue for general use sometimes switched up with my PM2, and ALWAYS my Domino. Girlfriend bought me that one as a 4th year anniversary present and it hasn't left my pocket since.

So technically I always carry 3-4 if you count the DogTag.
KaliGman

Post by KaliGman »

I am not going to say how many knives I often carry on my person. I will say, though, that bets have been made, won, and lost as to how many blades, what type, and where I was carrying them, and this has occurred whether I was in tactical gear, business casual, or business attire. :p
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I always carry two spydies and a multitool.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

2 Spydies plus a Leatherman is my norm. 3 Spydies if you count the keychain knife...
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
djjinksy

Post by djjinksy »

On any given day you'll find a Ladybug and Leatherman Squirt on my keys, a Dragonfly somewhere within arms reach, a Millie or PM2 in my right front pocket, and a Swick on the inside breast pocket of my jacket. If I'm spending an inordinate amount of time outdoors, camping or such, you can add a Serrata to my belt.

**Edit**
Not so much "on my person", but you can add a bright orange Assist that I have velcro'ed to the roll bar of my Jeep and another under my motorcycle seat. I spend so much time on the road, I suppose those count as well
-Steve
Embassy, Para2, Delica 4 SS, Dragonfly SS/ZDP/Superblue/H1, Native 5 G10, Manix 2 G10, Rescue 79, Swick3, Mule19
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Now that life has quit kicking my a**, I'm back to my normal EDC.

Either 2 G-10 Police (converted to tip-up) or 2 Enduras in R/L front pocket respectively. RH plain edge/LH serrated edge.

Original Dodo in R rear pocket (SE)

Ladybug PE in watch pocket

The models do vary occasionally but the method of carry is consistent.
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

I'm usually carrying my Techno / Jester Combo. :D

And when the situation demands I'll take my Para 2 or my Caly 3.5, but from now on it'll be my new Slysz Bowie. :cool: